Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2017, 10:11 PM   #1

Issues with "Photobucket", would like help.

Ladies and Gents,
As some of you may know, especially if you've been using them for hosting photos to be used or placed on here and other forums, Photobucket has taken a turn for the worse. They no longer support FREE users. If you want to store photos there and then, transfer them to this forum, Photobucket no longer allows that.

Yes, they will do it if, IF you pay. You now have to be a paying member in order to use them as a hosting service. And that cost, is HIGH. It's right at $300 or more a year. Well, not me.

So, this brings me to the point that, I want to empty all of the photos out of Photobucket and put them in a place that I can share them, if and when I want. I think there is a place here on IRV2 for photo storage. And, I'll use it , if I can get them off of Photobucket. But, I don't know if it's my lap top or what but, I cannot get them to copy, then paste each one, in a file in my photos so I can transfer them to IRV2 or, where ever I choose.

Photobucket just keeps slapping advertisements on the page when I'm trying to work which, interferes with what I'm doing. And, even when I nullify all the ads, the pictures still won't COPY so I can paste them elsewhere.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2017, 03:55 AM   #2

Scott-

I don't use Photobucket. I did find a link on how to download photos in Photobucket "albums."
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1v3fr33ord1 View Post
Scott-

I don't use Photobucket. I did find a link on how to download photos in Photobucket "albums."
Hey Mark,
Thanks for chiming in here. Well, I, as well as many others in multiple forums, used it for years. But, in their wisdom, they've decided they want money to be a third part host. So, here come the charges. I've decided to bail out of Photobucket.
I haven't looked deeply into the link you added to your post but, how does it work? I mean, it appears you'd be transferring photos from one section of Photobucket to another. Is that correct or, incorrect. And if it's correct, then what good would that do me if I can't use access them in the new place to be installed in various posts, if Photobucket want's money for that now?
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 06:53 AM   #4
IC2

Supposedly, you can download those photos on their site to your computer and move to another site such as freebie Google+ (bleehhh) or SmugMug at ~$35/year. I haven't had much luck downloading yet but will keep trying. Actually, I'm hoping for someone with deeper pockets to start a class action suit to jump in on as they have breached the 'contract' I had with them for the ability for them to be a host for 3rd party use and made literally hundreds if not thousands of posts on various sites I frequent useless. If they had stayed at 25 bucks, I wouldn't be happy and would ante up but $399 - that is outrageous and gouging
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:03 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What are you using to create a URL for your photos in order to upload onto forums?

A long time ago I used Photobucket, that got silly, then I went to Tiny Pic. Now that is not cooperating.

Any suggestions without having to have a degree in coding? LOL

Thanks in advance....

g
Old 09-01-2017, 09:06 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
I gave up on Photobucket a long time ago and started using Picasa which copies my pics to a windows file labeled Pictures. From there I can share a url and use google for free storage. I think that's how I'm doing it? Now Picasa is making changes so I don't know where I'm headed. If one starts charging then others probably will. $300 bucks! no way.
I'll follow this thread and watch for a better suggestion from others.

Pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:16 PM   #7

Photobucket has made me mad enough to never use them again and I am looking at SmuggMug for about $48/year. During the free trial period, they same to be much better than PhotoBucket.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:22 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
I have been using Imgur.com to upload photos to and post links in other forums.

Works well. Free. You can read up on Imgur on Wikipedia

Edit:

Added image from my imgur just to double check myself...

Old 09-01-2017, 06:47 PM   #9

I must be missing something here. I just upload pictures right from my laptop to this forum. No middle man at all. Am I doing something wrong?
This guy comes around every fall just before Thanksgiving.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3782.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	441.2 KB
ID:	175214  
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:59 AM   #10

Testing copy and paste from my computer. Apparently you can upload a few files and attach one or more to your posting using the paper clip icon. Here is my first try doing it that way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1983.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	175248
lynnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:19 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Scott

Try this Downloading Albums – Photobucket Support
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote