Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2017, 10:53 AM   #1

Keep up with alcohol sell laws traveling?

For those of you who travel through various states, how do you keep informed of the changes in alcohol sell laws from state / state, county / county, and sometimes city by city? Point of interest is in how to find out what are the hours of the day that alcohol sale is not allowed, what days (sometimes none on Sunday), or if you are about to stay a couple weeks in the middle of a dry county, but didn't know that ahead of time?
larrymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2017, 10:59 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
You must really like your alcohol. Lol!
Old 03-10-2017, 11:06 AM   #3

https://www.legalbeer.com/liquor-laws-by-state
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:33 PM   #4

Is there an App for that? lol

Very good link cruzbill.

The reason for the questions is some 30+ years ago, before the www, I found myself from out of state in the Atlanta GA area, and went to the local store past noon on Sunday for a six pack. The clerk informed me no alcohol sales permitted on Sundays. Just wondering how the traveling folks keep informed with the changes in new locales every week or two.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:50 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
I try to have a week's supply on board at all times, but sometimes I misjudge the daily limit
Good link Cruzbill X2!!
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:51 PM   #6

Not so sure about today, but in Utah a few years ago it took a little effort. I did find a beer-Polygamy, with the tag; Why have just one?
I kid you not!
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
Not so sure about today, but in Utah a few years ago it took a little effort. I did find a beer-Polygamy, with the tag; Why have just one?
I kid you not!
Only beer store I have seen that sells beer one bottle at a time. [emoji12] was in Bountiful,
Old 03-10-2017, 04:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by micki49 View Post
You must really like your alcohol. Lol!
micki49 - I got it, different strokes for different folks.
But the subject of this thread is not too different from traveling across state lines with weapons onboard, or the various speed limits while towing state / state, be it TT, 5r, or MH / toad. But to stay on topic with this thread, the input sought is similar to:

A) How to be informed ahead of time, like cruzbill's link

B) How to cope with the issue, like unplanned

C) Or is this really an issue due to location, like cruzbill, and dennis45

D) any other input welcomed on the issue...
Old 03-10-2017, 04:18 PM   #9

The thing is you won't get busted for having an alcohol stash but you will do hard time some places for having a gun or the wrong gun.

We generally have enough on board for at least several days but that only takes a bottle of wine. ;-)

Anything else is something we picked up because we were where it was made and bought some samples. They get stowed where they are not instantly accessible so there is no argument about sampling while driving.

I have also been known to buy a half dozen sample sizes both to try something and to be able to toss the bottle if I relax with a drink at the end of the day. Again, avoids a possible issue as well as trying something new.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:00 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Don't take it personally just busting your chops it's all good.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:17 PM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Don't know about liquor laws, but it's pretty easy to find AA meetings anywhere. ;-)
BuzzWolfAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:47 PM   #12

Definitely following this thread.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:03 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Speaking of liquor laws, how many wobbly pops can l have a day while driving in most states?
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:29 AM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymo View Post
Very good link cruzbill.

The reason for the questions is some 30+ years ago, before the www, I found myself from out of state in the Atlanta GA area, and went to the local store past noon on Sunday for a six pack. The clerk informed me no alcohol sales permitted on Sundays. Just wondering how the traveling folks keep informed with the changes in new locales every week or two.
We had a similar incident one Sunday in Rochester, MN. Stopped to at Trader Joe's to pick up some 2 buck chuck. Clerk said couldn't buy on Sunday, but he did give me good directions to the first Trader Joe's we would come to on our route that had Sunday booze sales.

Glenn

Tags
travel