Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Creepers! I am so sorry! When I take the dogs out for their "last chance potty trip," I sometimes forget to hit the switch to turn it off. Then I get nagged in the morning by my DH. And now am getting nagged by the neighbors. Guess I will just have to brave the dark so as not to piss anybody off.
Sign for your roof. One that folds down, of course. ;-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2601915507.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	43732
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Creepers! I am so sorry! When I take the dogs out for their "last chance potty trip," I sometimes forget to hit the switch to turn it off. Then I get nagged in the morning by my DH. And now am getting nagged by the neighbors. Guess I will just have to brave the dark so as not to piss anybody off.
JudyH
Apology accepted!
Here's a solution that worked for me:
Get rid of the dogs, (after all it is their fault)!
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #17

Saw a post on another forum where a guy said he was parked next to a fellow who slept with his shades and windows open so he put his outside light on to block the view.
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I turn it off because I don't want bugs swarming near the door when I get out in the evening to walk the dogs. Sometimes I forget. Apologies in advance to any and all BUGGED by it.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #19

Never understood leaving a light on so someone could see to rob me. I would rather they had to stumble and fall over stuff and make lots of noise.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I do turn off my entryway light. However I have a 20 led light that is on top of my 20 ft. flag pole that shines on my "American Flag ". I hope nobody ask me to turn it off,
It's not going to happen. I am a good neighbor, but there are certain traditions. If I am next to someone who have their lights on, I close my blinds or shades and deal with it. I suppose I'll get some negative response from this post.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #21

They do their way, you can do it yours!

Ed
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
If I'm in a over night parking situation at a WalMart or TS I will leave the porch light on and the step retracted for basic security.
I can understand leaving the light on in while parked at WalMart or TS for security. There are probably so many parking lot lights on that one little porch light is not noticeable.
kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I choose to believe I am forgetful, not stupid. However my DH sometimes thinks it is the opposite, says that anyway. I believe his concern is the light bulb burning out. We can't get rid of the dogs, they are family. And Thanks for sign, Dave & Nola.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #24

OK...... here I go...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel stuplich View Post
That brings up another question:
Why, as my coach gets older is one or other of my turn signals often blinking?
It didn't seem to happen much when my coach was new to me 12 years ago!
LOL

Mel
'96 Safari
You need to replace the turn signal controller. They get quieter every year until you can not hear them any more.

When we are ATVing we leave the porch light on so our friends know what they are tripping over. (We park with 3 trailers and some times a tent all facing in.) When we are camping (read campground) we leave the light on under the step...... is that acceptable?
DW has no excuse now on the outside lights as the panel has illuminated red switches for them.
When it was my fault it use to be I would fall asleep on the couch (at home the recliner), obviously not going to bed means the light did not get turned off and waking up in a fog the auto response it to bramble to bed not tripping up the stairs or wake the sleeping.........wife (that's it ).
Old 08-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #25

Well, I leave my light on so people won't steal my ****. Thieves LOVE the dark, so help them out and turn your lights off.
2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennersonf View Post
I can understand leaving the light on in while parked at WalMart or TS for security. There are probably so many parking lot lights on that one little porch light is not noticeable.
If there are many parking lot lights on that one little porch light is both useless for security....and a waste of battery power. :-(
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyho View Post
Never understood leaving a light on so someone could see to rob me. I would rather they had to stumble and fall over stuff and make lots of noise.
Then they sue you for getting hurt while robbing you.

Like the guy that fell throught the skylight during a robbery and sued the owner for being unsafe or some such thing.

There's something wrong with that.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #28

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennersonf View Post
I’ve been RV’ing for over ten years and currently I am four weeks into a twelve week trip. I have been very curious as to why people have to leave their outside entry way lights on all night. I live in an area affected by lots of city lights and quite frankly enjoy the lack of lights at night. In my opinion, I find it very annoying to be parked next to a fellow RV’er who leaves their outside entry light all night. I like to sleep with the windows open and shades up to get fresh air. Can’t do that when someone is parked next to me and is all lit up. Some of you who read this may consider me to be a cranky old man. Maybe you’re right, but I still like to hear from someone who may have an explanation for leaving their outside entry way light on all night.
In my coach is a roll of Duct Tape. Entry lights that are left on all night are easily fixed.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote