RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2020, 04:08 PM   #1

Looking for a good Lawyer

Seen enough and had enough with Keystone. Does or has anyone used a good lawyer to go after them to get the warranty work done or to recoup the money lost paying for something you can't use? Or BOTH??

Warthog639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2020, 04:13 PM   #2
Inactive User

How major are your issues? I suspect you will pay more to retain an attorney than you'll ever recoup from Keystone.

n0arp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:12 PM   #3

Do you know any local lawyers? Doesn't matter what they specialize in. Ask them to recommend someone. If you don't, most have free first consultations. Go talk to several until you think you find a match.

Probably the first thing your new lawyer will tell you is to stop posting anything about pending or potential lawsuits on public forums. Seriously.
n2zon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 07:09 AM   #4

Try Stern Law, PLLC at (844) 808-7529. I have no personal experience with them. But, it appears that they have had some success resolving RV lemons.
Glennabbott1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 07:26 AM   #5

Thanks John. I posted it here and I found a lot of information. That's why I did it instead of banging my head against the wall. My issue is why Keystone puts out something with NO quality control, expects the dealers to fix their mess, but won't listen to the dealership when they tell them whats wrong and what they need to fix it!
Thanks for your info.
Warthog639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:52 AM   #6

Rexhall Owners Group
Good lawyer? Now there is an oxymoron for you, LOL.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:14 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2zon View Post
Do you know any local lawyers? Doesn't matter what they specialize in. Ask them to recommend someone. If you don't, most have free first consultations. Go talk to several until you think you find a match.

Probably the first thing your new lawyer will tell you is to stop posting anything about pending or potential lawsuits on public forums. Seriously.
Agree!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 12:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog639 View Post
Seen enough and had enough with Keystone. Does or has anyone used a good lawyer to go after them to get the warranty work done or to recoup the money lost paying for something you can't use? Or BOTH??
Now that's funny.
Fast E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:19 AM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Read your warranty first. Some warrantees say before any legal action, you must first agree to arbitration
Old 07-02-2020, 10:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Read your warranty first. Some warrantees say before any legal action, you must first agree to arbitration
Most companies do that now. It is to give the advantage to the company as most consumers do not have the knowledge or know legal language to facilitate an arbitration. Do you really believe the arbitrator is neutral?
Old 07-02-2020, 10:34 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGoose View Post
Most companies do that now. It is to give the advantage to the company as most consumers do not have the knowledge or know legal language to facilitate an arbitration. Do you really believe the arbitrator is neutral?
Doesn't really matter if you believe the arbitrator is neutral or not. That is the rule you have to operate under if it is a condition of any contract. An argument can made that arbitration actually favors the consumer. If you think arbitration costs you too much in attorney fees and that you will have a hard time winning in arbitration, figure out what it will cost to go to court and think about whether or not your attorney is going to be better than an attorney the corporation you are fighting has on retainer. Fighting Keystone means fighting Thor, the company, not the God of Thunder. Even though they can't actually rain thunderbolts from the heavens, they can muster a much better arsenal of legal warriors than most mere mortals.
kcdogger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:59 AM   #12

Does your State have a Lemon Law for vehicles? That might solve the issue if so.
ClassAboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 03:54 PM   #13

I do not know what the contract says but there is two different types of arbitration.

Binding and non- Binding. The non binding both parties have to agree to the settlement.

Having been involved in probably 30 non binding arbitrations, I have felt the arbitrator was biased to one side. There goal is to reach an agreement.

The one binding arbitration I was involved in I got more than I asked for.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 02:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog639 View Post

Since your trying to get warranty work done why not post who sold it to you and not standing behind the product they sold you. They should have a company rep come out and meet with you. As for lost money for paying for something you canít use at that particular moment, there is not a Rv made that doesnít have a down time. My previous new motorhome was in the shop 4 months the first year they donít care. You can try the lawyer thing if you like seems like more lost money.