Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2011, 09:59 PM   #43

BigSkyBob I am sorry for the loss of your life mate. The old saying is true; "time heals all wounds", you don't forget, but life gets easier each day. Make no rash decisions during the first year, take time to evaluate your feelings and reasoning.
When my father died my Mother would not listen to me or my sister. She gave away almost everything, and would not accept help from anyone that first year. It is 7 years later now, and she now realizes she made a lot of bad decisions that first year that cannot be undone.
Please keep participating on the irv2.com forums as much as you can. We all hurt with you, and want you near in this time of mourning.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2011, 10:22 PM   #44

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
OMG! Sorry to hear Bob!! Almost lost mine last year.... just too much.. So sorry...
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:47 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Barb & BigSkyBob

We certainly enjoyed the visits...
...May God be with you both...

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:53 AM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Our Thoughts Are With Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyBob View Post
Barbara Smith, loving wife of BigSkyBob, went on to collect her just reward...
The stars shine a little brighter, tonight. She'd want you to keep enjoying, I'm sure. I sincerely hope that the crushing sense of loss we all feel on your behalf can relieve your burden, a little. Hang in.
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #47

Unhappy Condolences

SO SORRY to hear about the loss of your beloved wife. It isn't anything I want to think about for myself but it will eventually happen to ALL of us. Whether you decide to keep fulltiming or not, may God bless and comfort you. Just go with what your heart tells you to do.

CathyJ1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:53 AM   #48

Truely sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:57 AM   #49

Sorry for your loss Bob. I can't imagine your feelings, but try to press on.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #50

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The campground where I'm parked for the season (at least till christmas) has a Cowboy Church (The owner of the CG is the pastor) Thurs night he informed us of the death of the wife of the man parked next to me (I did not know)
Wed, having no significant medical history, she woke up with a bad headache.. 9-1-1 called and ambulance took her to local hospital..Air lifted to a better hospital she did not make it.. Blood vessel in her brain blew out and .. that was that.. Less than 12 hours from onset of symptoms to time of death.

Talked with him yesterday.. My best read of his status is emotional shock.. It's not hit him yet.. His sons are here keeping him company.. NOTE: she was MY age, exactly.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #51

Bob,

So sorry for your loss!

A little over a year ago, my girlfriend's brother lost his battle with mesothelioma. He was the person who got me into RVing. My mentor . . . he was a long-time RVer, started out with an older gas class A and moved up to a 40' DP. Our combined/extended families enjoyed many outings at first in his RV and later with both of ours.

One of his sons drove his RV to his memorial service and back home after. It's been pretty much parked since. His wife of 25+ years can't bring herself to use it even though they have 4 children in their 20's who enjoy the RV lifestyle.

I guess my point hear is you have to do what YOU feel is right. Her way of handling it baffles me . . . I've had close family members pass during my lifetime . . . I continue to do the things we enjoyed together almost in honor of them . . . I can't imagine stopping, that would make it worse (for me, at least).

I re-read your post just now . . . all I can add is that you are never alone, she will live in your heart forever!

Take care of yourself, I'm sure that will make her happy!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:22 AM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
So sorry to hear this. I know I wouldn't be interested in RVing alone. Must be so hard to lose your soul mate. Hope each day finds you more peaceful.
BarbRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:41 AM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Bob:

Our hearts ache for you and you're loss.

Steve & Lynette
Old 12-12-2011, 12:45 AM   #54

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bob, our sincerest condolences. God Bless.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Bob
Nita and I offer our condolences. We are so sorry for your loss. God Bless.
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:21 PM   #56

Triple E Owners Club
My deepest sympathies. I know much of what you asked, how to go on RVing. My wife of 42 years has not been able to travel with me for over 5 years now as she has dementia and has not been able to do anything for herself for the last 3 years. She is just alive and nothing else now. After I had to place her in a dementia care facility, as she needed 24 hour a day monitoring, I decided to travel on with just me and my dog. It is not the same: No one to roll there eyes when I do the same dumb thing for the 10th time, no one to remind you of the little things, no one snuggle with on cold nights and on and on. But life does really go and though I lost my mate I did not die and will not die until it is time. And as just a side note you can never know what can happen - I met an incredible women (widowed for 9 years and convinced she be alone for ever), full of life and eager to travel; well let's just say life is good, warts and all.
I wish you the best, take time, take care, but leave your mind and heart open for family and friends both old and new.
Rmiscoord is offline   Reply With Quote