Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2015, 08:05 AM   #29

I agree with the majority that your driving style is not the one I would recommend . When you throw in the horn blowing that kind of gets most drivers in the upset mode.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2015, 08:10 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
+ 1 to Selah. Being in the right can and will get you killed. And not to pile on but
NEWS FLASH: the right lane is for slower traffic and the left lanes are for passing and you were doing what? Driving like you own the road, your in the right, and the only one out there is not a good practice.. So thanks for the video, it has made me a better driver for watching it and if I was a drivers education instructor this is one for the books to show.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:16 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Here in Mass. they call the right lane the through lane. It's the lane you go through to get on and off the road. I see people come off the on ramp and roll right into the center lane, regardless of whether they're even going fast enough to drive in the right lane. People start passing them on the right and left and I scratch my head wonderin what they're thinking.

If you're in a lane and there are people behind you and no one if front of you, move over.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:09 AM   #32

Jayco Owners Club
Just a side note. To help avoid potential problems with your turn signals, be sure to top off your blinker fluid before each trip.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:14 AM   #33

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Wow glad for the opinion, I didn't expect to get beat up here. As for what lane I was in is what my GPS directed as left three lanes. So I was in the far right of left three lanes that put me in the lane I supposed to be in. The speed limit for trucks three axles and over was 55 MPH and all others 65 MPH. I have a 2 axle motorhome and wasn't towing at the time so the speed limit for me and the others was 65 MPH. There was no indication to me that his lane was ending because his trucks and trailer blocked my view. If I knew I would of backed off but it looked like he was passing me just fine at the speed he wanted. I did look in my mirror to see if I can get over but there was a car coming up to the left of me as you can see pass right after I braked. There was other trucks passing me on the left and I was thinking what is this a truck speed up zone. Again all 2 axles trucks were allow to go 65 MPH. What you don't know is the very next clip he cuts off a car at 1:35 minutes into the clip.

I linked the videos to ABF safety department as well of picture and to identified him and the tractor he was driving. They didn't like what their driver was doing and he will get a talking to and have to sit through more safety training. Their drivers are supposed to know the lane the supposed to be in well before the time. The other truckers didn't have a problem with that, just him. He is not allow to cut any other vehicles off and then flipping them off like he did. He is lucky that there is a shortage of drivers so they will try to retrain him instead of firing him.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:15 AM   #34

That's right behind the caniverlar valve
Old 03-11-2015, 09:18 AM   #35

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Wheres it located? Thanks for the chuckle,
Tim
Old 03-11-2015, 09:21 AM   #36

I went back and saw and listened to your video again. This time it appears you did see his blinker and stated to your wife "why is this guy wanting to get over on me". I would have taken his blinker as something was wrong ahead and he needed too be over. As many have stated you were right and wrong. No matter what you are driving, slower traffic is always in every state required to be in the right farthest lane. By him slowly moving over he was trying to get your attention. In my driving experience you both put everyone else in danger. I would also recommend to show this to a police officer"but" be prepared that you might hear that you were also in the wrong.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:36 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
You wonder why he flipped you off?????? 2 signs in his lane for some street telling him he is going to have to exit if he does not move left,........as soon as the first trailer is visible, his left turn signal is on, and I am assuming it had been on since that driver had seen that first sign,..............you had plenty of time/space to move left and let him come over, you did nothing, never slowed till he squeezed you over. As far as passing on the right, some state's might not allow it but in today's world and our highway system, most do allow it. No show/driving skills on you part at all. Sorry!
Watched it again, the turn signal on the rear of the truck, under the trailer was on , flashing when the truck passed you!, So he started plenty early to notify you of his intentions of needing to do a lane change.
Yea, turn signal started about 3:44, and was on for about :40. Did he have a right to move over? No. Should the driver of a vehicle back off a little and let him in, probably, especially if not in a hurry.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:37 AM   #38
KIX

In your post #33 you seem to continue to feel that you have the right to be wherever you are on the multi-lane highway. But here's a fact you cannot refute: he had on his left blinker signaling a lane change, he was not slowing down and intended to merge into the left lane. You didn't reduce speed until he was actually starting to occupy the lane you were in.
"Rules of the Road" pretty much say that you were cut-off by the truck driver. But had you slowed for even a few seconds he could have merged safely and thereby avoid your close call. Another 'Rule of the Road" is the bigger guy has the right-of-way. It's clear to me that you should have seen his left blinker and you should have acted on that info in the best interest of safety.
In our big vehicles you must drive differently than in smaller vehicles......cars can stop much quicker and accelerate much faster. Aggressive driving in a big rig must become defensive driving for all travelers benefit.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:42 AM   #39

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
Yea, turn signal started about 3:44, and was on for about :40. Did he have a right to move over? No. Should the driver of a vehicle back off a little and let him in, probably, especially if not in a hurry.
Think of it this way, it's not about rights of the road, the lane was ending...he HAD to move over. Being devil's advocate, if he cut his speed and there was a line of cars behind the MH, he would have had to cut one of them off unless someone left him a VERY large gap. He can't come to a stop and wait. IMHO he allowed enough time and was clear on his intentions that this should not have happened.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:43 AM   #40

Now that funny. You use parts of 3 lanes in your video and complain about a truck driver trying to merge out of a closed lane ??

I couldn't stand that number of cars zipping around me. I'd go to the two lane and travel 55 & enjoy the sights.

Russell
Old 03-11-2015, 09:44 AM   #41

Why didn't the truck driver slow and get in behind him? When he found he was in the wrong lane slow down and merge into traffic.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:45 AM   #42

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by psrujak View Post
Why didn't the truck driver slow and get in behind him? When he found he was in the wrong lane slow down and merge into traffic.
See post #39.

Tags
driver