Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Maiden Voyage starts tomorrow!

We bought our new to us coach home just after Christmas. Since that time, I've read the threads, repaired, renewed, modified, learned, serviced, dewinterized, spent a lot of money,read and learned some more, spent more money, and am now just hours to hitting the road for our first trip. I'm so excited, I don't think I will get much sleep tonight! We are going for a week from the mid Hudson valley in NY to Hilton Head Island, SC, about 1000 miles away. Not expecting a great drive, as the forecast is pretty crappy for the whole day... No matter... We will take it easy as we are not in a rush this time!

I really have to thank the folks in here, because if it weren't for YOU, I would be a lot less prepared for such an adventure! I have learned years of wisdom in only a few short months! So thanks and if you see a Fleetwood Discovery that looks like a zebra running down the road... That'll be us!
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Looking forward to reading about your trip.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Cool

I would like to see a few Pictures Please
Welcome and have fun where ever you go.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:56 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Have a great , safe trip. Enjoy.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:07 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have a great trip. Weather is just a bump in the road. Enjoy your ride and safe trouble free, travels. The memories have just started.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
We got down to HHI Satruday and are staying at the Motorcoach Resort. What an awesome place! In driving down, i realized the difference in driving 75 and 65... Ouch! 5.7 mpg vs. 8! We took a ride over the the RV Resort & Marina and are really happy we picked this place. After de winterizing and running the AC today... Yeah it's that hot... Everything so far has been perfect and the coach is 100%! This is a great resort on a wonderful island! I whole heatedly recommend this a a must enjoy destination! There is a golf tournament here this week and several golfers are staying here in their million plus dollar coaches... Will catch up more when we get back home!
Old 04-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #7

My wife in I are going there and July. You cant let me know what it is like. We have never been there. So now You can be are Eyes in Ears for us. I hope you all are having fun in the sun. It is 48 here right now in MO
Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Richard, besides being one of the nicest places, the people here are really friendly... No one is stuck up... Actually quite the opposite. People have gone out of their way to help us feel at home. Any questions, let me know...
Old 04-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #9

Stevie thanks for the info. I know we cant wait to go there. Is it as nice as they say
Old 04-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
yes!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #11

Are you all having lots of fun on the bleach there
Old 04-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spent the day at the beach today. Heading home tomorrow. Should make it somewhere between Fredricksburg, Va and Abingdom, Md... Depending on traffic. We are seriously thinking about buying a site here... That's how much we love the place. If you come down, take an hour drive to Savannah and do a trolly tour... If anyone wants a recommendation of restaurants, I'd be glad to help, as we found several good options!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #13

Thumbs up Cant wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
Spent the day at the beach today. Heading home tomorrow. Should make it somewhere between Fredricksburg, Va and Abingdom, Md... Depending on traffic. We are seriously thinking about buying a site here... That's how much we love the place. If you come down, take an hour drive to Savannah and do a trolly tour... If anyone wants a recommendation of restaurants, I'd be glad to help, as we found several good options!
Steve my wife in I cant wait to get there. We are still planning on going on June or July.But we are excited about going. We are going to a rally in Tn first then on to HH for sum fun in the sun
Old 04-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
We got down to HHI Satruday and are staying at the Motorcoach Resort. What an awesome place! In driving down, i realized the difference in driving 75 and 65... Ouch! 5.7 mpg vs. 8! We took a ride over the the RV Resort & Marina and are really happy we picked this place. After de winterizing and running the AC today... Yeah it's that hot... Everything so far has been perfect and the coach is 100%! This is a great resort on a wonderful island! I whole heatedly recommend this a a must enjoy destination! There is a golf tournament here this week and several golfers are staying here in their million plus dollar coaches... Will catch up more when we get back home!
Hi, I'm from Galway NY staying right now at my Son's in GA. Will be heading back to NY this coming Wed or Thurs. in a 1979 Chevy Delta class B+ motor home. Nice to see some local to me from NY on here. Safe travels to you!
Shaliberty is offline   Reply With Quote