Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caemlyn View Post
ARCO is a major oil brand, it's part of BP - it doesn't get any bigger.
ARCO= Atlantic Richfield Corporation
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
about a month ago or a fer weeks I can't remember which on a monday I see on both CNN and a national network them a talking about big gasoline and diesel price we all saw over the weekend?? And I am think WTH are they talking about?? we didn't see one last weekend, we saw one on wedsday or thursday of last week.
You see I live about 20 miles from one of the largest refinereys in the US(marathon/ ashland oil). when it goes up here i guess we are some of the first to see it.
It has been quite strange to watch over the years. I live in the OH-WV-KY tristate and each state has a different tax level. years ago ky was the cheapest then OH thne WV was the highest. Now about 1 1/2 years ago I guess over night every station was the SAME price with a few small exceptions.
Almost 80% of out stations around here are speedway station which is owned by marathon/ashland and anothe 10% are Bp staions which are all owned or leashed though one person. EVERY timie there is an increase all of these stations go up10 cent all at once. the other 10% independants my only go up a nichel then in few more days go up the other nickel. then the independants are ALLWAYS the first to lower prices as well.
it just seems like when a CEO gets a boneus we get the BONE.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
ARCO is a major oil brand, it's part of BP - it doesn't get any bigger.

Agree, BP is the parent company of ARCO, however ARCO is headquartered in La Palma CA, and has approx 1300 stations primarily in the western part of the United States.
ARCO has a simple business philosophy: “high volume equals low cost”. Essentially this means that ARCO is always looking for ways to save money and pass these savings on to the customer. Several cents per gallon saved through efficient choices can really add up.

Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I still wonder why, in a country that buys cheap oil out of Canada, over 80% of your needs, why you sit back and allow the big companies to hose you every time there is an event somewhere in the world. Japan caused a 10 to 12 cent increase and I didn't even know Japan exported fuel to the USA.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
Agree, BP is the parent company of ARCO, however ARCO is headquartered in La Palma CA, and has approx 1300 stations primarily in the western part of the United States.
ARCO has a simple business philosophy: “high volume equals low cost”. Essentially this means that ARCO is always looking for ways to save money and pass these savings on to the customer. Several cents per gallon saved through efficient choices can really add up.

Dieselclacker
Apparently, the irony of the post I responded to was lost. OP stated he avoids the majors and only buys at ARCO if available... ARCO is BP, is a major... IRONY.
Caemlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:01 PM   #20

As the dollar devalues, oil will continue to go up, and probaly not go back to under $60-$70 per barrel.
safari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #21

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari1 View Post
As the dollar devalues, oil will continue to go up, and probaly not go back to under $60-$70 per barrel.
I agree, except $60-$70 a barrel is a bit optimistic, more likely it will not go below $80 to $100 a barrel. Inflation is coming soon.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Apparently, the irony of the post I responded to was lost. OP stated he avoids the majors and only buys at ARCO if available... ARCO is BP, is a major... IRONY.

As I stated earlier, BP is the parent company of ARCO, the fact that ARCO is owned, and is a sub-division of BP
doesn't qualify ARCO as being a major brand gasoline such as CHEVRON, MOBIL, TEXACO, SHELL etc. in my opinion.

Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:14 PM   #23

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We'll still use our rv, but we won't travel as far and will stay longer wherever we end up.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:58 AM   #24

How can it go up? The government said my SS check will not go up cause the cost of living did not go up.Meanwhile the politicians can't figure out how to stop wasting money on pet projects and bonuses to bankers that caused this mess.Noone bailed me out if I miscalculated a job and didn't make any money.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:24 AM   #25
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
I gues the economy just isn't bad enough for the politicians to care, do you recall what happened a few years ago when big companies just folded up and went away, well here we go again, Obama's answer a few days ago was to trade in your big cars and get economy cars and then he laughed about it!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #26

Zero cost of liveing increase last two years, don't you folks read the paper?
Just because everything is going up doesn't mean the cost of liveings going up;
The talking heads have told us so. So it must be true.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #27
csp

Monaco Owners Club
The people who do not have to pay for their fuel (I mean the government, the people we pay for their fuel with our tax dollars) do not care how much the fuel cost. They do not care that the high price of fuel drives up the price of every thing so we can not afford the items.
Why is diesel so much higher than gas? Do you think the good old government has done this on purpose. They figure that every thing gets to us by plane, train, boat, or semi which are all diesel. Again they do not care about how much it drives the price up on things because they all make too much money and retire with a full pay retirement with health care the rest of their lives. How many careers retire with a full pay retirement and free health care.
This is my opinion, please feel free to correct me.
Chris
Old 04-12-2011, 10:30 PM   #28

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by csp View Post
The people who do not have to pay for their fuel (I mean the government, the people we pay for their fuel with our tax dollars) do not care how much the fuel cost. They do not care that the high price of fuel drives up the price of every thing so we can not afford the items.
Why is diesel so much higher than gas? Do you think the good old government has done this on purpose. They figure that every thing gets to us by plane, train, boat, or semi which are all diesel. Again they do not care about how much it drives the price up on things because they all make too much money and retire with a full pay retirement with health care the rest of their lives. How many careers retire with a full pay retirement and free health care.
This is my opinion, please feel free to correct me.
Chris
Well, as someone said, you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. When you say "the government," if you're talking about Congress, they certainly do not retire with full pay nor free health care. The facts are freely available -- just Google "Congressional retirement benefits" or similar.
Crabby Mike is offline   Reply With Quote