Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2018, 11:20 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanick View Post
Flash forward to last weekend, I was preping the bike for a ride and cleaning, and noticed that the DOT code was 0704.... surely that couldn't be 2004??? Yup... sure was.... when the shop that replaced the tires replaced them, they said that it's not uncommon to see people riding on 10-15 year old tires, and that most people are unaware that tires do 'age-out'.
I ride a 2001 GL1800 and when I put new tires on a few years ago the dealer said the same thing. For me aged out is 7 years but they usually wear out before then.

This is my mechanic giving it a pre-trip inspection. Life is good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 11.08.17 AM.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	450.3 KB
ID:	209446  
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #16

That Guzzi and Gold Wing are very nice. A long term rider here I've only had one tire blow out at high speed. While riding two up on my one year old Valkyrie. The rear went out at 70 mph. I just let off the gas and brought it to the side of the freeway and got a tow home. Wasn't long after that I went darkside with a car tire on the back and 130000 miles later was still running car tires and getting 20000 miles each with no flats. They were great. Got to have good tires on a mc,your life depends on it.
Attached Images

Tags
tires