Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
Some Garmin has hidden windows in them, our 1450 will tell the temperature. I have found over 30 pages of diagnostic tests and even a global view of the sattelites circling earth. Afriend of mine handed me his new Garmin to checkout, I pulled some things up and blew his mind! LOL
Where did you find out how to get to the hidden windows? what is the sequence you use?
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #30

OK, this is on a NUVI 1450. In the top left of the screen press the signal meter and hold a few seconds, this will bring up a window showing satellites around the earth according to where YOU are located, some times this might take a few moments to load. Also on the page "Where to?" sometimes you press and hold the battery strength symbol and this opens up a whole gambit of windows to view and play with. Be careful, these are not supposed to be accessed except by technicians. Be aware of if any changes you make with colors and sounds and tests. My apology to the original post, I wasn't trying to steer your post. Sorry. Have fun
Old 02-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
OK, this is on a NUVI 1450. In the top left of the screen press the signal meter and hold a few seconds, this will bring up a window showing satellites around the earth according to where YOU are located, some times this might take a few moments to load. Also on the page "Where to?" sometimes you press and hold the battery strength symbol and this opens up a whole gambit of windows to view and play with. Be careful, these are not supposed to be accessed except by technicians. Be aware of if any changes you make with colors and sounds and tests. My apology to the original post, I wasn't trying to steer your post. Sorry. Have fun
It's quite alright. I am sure many will stumble upon this and learn something from it.
JadedDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO
Aren't they great? Our Tom Tom 910 has guided us through 34 states and nearly 40000 miles and only once led us a bit astray. Absolutely worth every penny. Be sure to check out some of the alternate voices that are available. We have one from "Mullet Man" who speaks in a heavy southern drawl and uses cute little sayings while giving directions... and another, "Sylvia" who, well let's say is "rated R" because of her embellishments to directions.

Don't feel badly about not converting sooner. I retired after 33 years in the hi-tech industry and my cell phone is so old I'm surprised it doesn't have a rotary dial!

Rick
I'm not saying I'm old too, but when did they put a dial on the phone?! Sorry, gotta go now. I'm on a party line and the operator says she has to unplug me!
Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We love our TomTom. There have been only 2 instances where the TomTom b____, as we affectionately refer to her, has led us asstray. The worst one was inroute to a CG near Itchitutney(-3 for spelling), Fla. She took us down a narrow dirt road with no place to turn a 35'MH around to a road that had a farm gate on it, closed and locked of course. Got out of that one with a little damage to the coach and toad and exercised my entire vocabulary of naughty words. The other was simple, told us to turn left when we knew to go right. On a brighter note, we took it to Hawaii to use in the rental car. It would have been a misserable 2 weeks without it. Bottom line, we never leave home without it.with my TomTom.
Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband
new2RVn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Been using a Tom Tom for quite a while, however our XXL's screen stopped resonding, have now gone to Garmin to try something new. We don't totaly rely on it, we have MSN Streets and Trips, Iphone, and paper maps for total planning. Must be anal throw back to before I retired, cann't have to much info.
Lemo
LEMO is offline   Reply With Quote