Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Loosing 16 to 18 million sponsorship going to crimp his style a bit. Going to be next to impossible to replace that.
X2, and if the $$$$ loss is enough to disband MWR, and NASCAR is left looking around trying to fill a 43 car field; with even more non-competitive cars. They will have shot themselves in both feet.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #72

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Unfortunately the one it hurt the most didn't really deserve it. The actions of others cost Martin Truex Jr a spot in the chase and worse, a high-profile deep pocketed sponsor. I don't condone the actions of the team, but lets be honest, it happens to some extent at every race, NASCAR has a history of guys pushing the envelope of the rules. that's why we like it!

I know they probably wont miss me but NAPA will never get another $ from me.
KG5UN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:01 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG5UN View Post
Unfortunately the one it hurt the most didn't really deserve it. The actions of others cost Martin Truex Jr a spot in the chase and worse, a high-profile deep pocketed sponsor. I don't condone the actions of the team, but lets be honest, it happens to some extent at every race, NASCAR has a history of guys pushing the envelope of the rules. that's why we like it! I know they probably wont miss me but NAPA will never get another $ from me.
Why NAPA?
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #74

Quote:
Why NAPA?
I guess, KG5UN , figures Napa , should have stuck with MWR.

JMHO; I'm thinking that maybe NAPA , is setting themselves up to follow Truex Jr. with their sponsorship. But time will tell.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
I guess, KG5UN , figures Napa , should have stuck with MWR. JMHO; I'm thinking that maybe NAPA , is setting themselves up to follow Truex Jr. with their sponsorship. But time will tell.
NAPA not have any problem finding a team to take their 18 million. Ha
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #76

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have been a NASCAR fan as long as I can remember but this constant making up the rules as you go has finally gotten to me. I am a fan of Jeff Gordon as he started his early career nearby, BUT, adding him to the chase was a wrong move in my opinion. If Gordon gets in then someone else has to be removed. I know (at least I think I know) it is all about the sponsor money and sales of souvenirs.

NHRA is a much more fan friendly venue and I don't see the constant mid season rules changes. As always, just one mans opinion.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #77

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Why NAPA?
Because they are hurting Martin Truex Jr who did nothing wrong.
His owner and team mates committed the offense, but now Martin pays.
Doesnt seem right.
KG5UN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:22 AM   #78
Community Administrator

The way I see it is that NAPA was a sponsor of MWR . Truex happened to be the driver when this embarrassing thing took place. Nothing against Truex. He was in the that seat at the wrong time. Sponsors come and go for a variety of reasons.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:27 AM   #79

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was a big fan of NASCAR in the 80's and 90's, for my 2 cents worth it was slowly killed off (for me) with all the rules created.

The loss of all the manufacturers and their support, Mercury, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Buick, Plymouth, etc..

The American car culture is gone with the brands, just pay attention to the empty seats at any televised race. Not hard to remember sold out races now even Bristol has empty seats.

I don't keep up with it anymore, and I may be wrong already on this next item. I bet NAPA is done as a full ride sponsor.