Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2018, 01:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukiman View Post
What about the amount of commercials you have to watch on TV when watching NASCAR, 5 min of racing and the 5 min of commercials, then u have to watch the drivers drink coke, listen to them mention 17 different sponsers, you CANNOT watch TV without seeing some kind of ad in the background! ALL THE TIME! it's all over with me ! I watch INDY racing now, it's just more relaxing
It's all about corporate greed !
I hate that some sponsors like a popular Cola make them take a drink before and after every TV interview. Irks me so much...I actually turn off the channel. Turn back on later...lol
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2018, 05:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinster30 View Post

The raceing the last several years has been the best ever. If you haven’t been to a race lately, head to the track and have a great experience.
You're kidding, right? I used to be an avid NASCAR fan attending 5 or 6 events a year. Now I don't even bother to watch on television.
ageishecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:19 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
NASCAR was great when they were running the big block 426/427/428 engines with twin 4 barrel carbs - talk about ground-shaking sound! You could identify the cars by sight easily - Dodge Daytonas, Plymouth Suberbirds, Ford Talladegas, AMC Javelins, etc....

Now the cars all look alike, and the small block 350 engines sound like a swarm of angry bees.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:47 PM   #18

I took my travel trailer Talladega a few years ago, and we camped just outside.turn one for free. Must have been 10,000 RVs there--all painted white. I knew we were in trouble when our camper neighbor was singing karaoke to Ernest Tubb's T for Texas.

Those neighbors had 3 Class A's and a tent running a big, cheap Briggs generator 7:00 am to midnight every day. I had droning in my ears for days.

Revelers were riding around in cars drunk days and night making noise. It rained hard one day, and one camper floated out of his tent on an air mattress and sleeping bag.

Our experience that weekend was not enjoyable. And when we got to our seats for the races, there wasn't a decent looking woman within eyesight. Any such lady would have been orally abused.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:00 AM   #19

Thanks for cluing me in to the reality of this crazyness. I have never been to a big race but I have thought that spending an hour at a track would be okay. Can hundreds of thousands of people all be wrong? I say no, and I think its just that I have different interests. After reading these experiences, Im guessing I would feel bored and cheated if I went to a nascar event. My tv may be tuned into the next nascar race, but I will be out in my woodshop doing what interests me. Carry on racing fans and have fun! To each his own.
steve11669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We stopped going to the races and we haven't watched on TV for 2 years. We also don't watch NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, etc. We enjoy watching all college sports and even have season tickets for the football season. Why waste hundreds of dollars for ho-hum entertainment.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:00 AM   #21

When I started the thread I was just thinking I would get some money saving tips or that I was looking at the wrong prices. Thanks for all the input. At our family reunion last year our family as a whole decided not to continue our season tickets and anything to do with the NFL. We probably won’t go see the race and just watch it on tv.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:03 PM   #22

NASCAR,...in the first place it's too high a price to pay to see a racing show that is not of the quality of racing that I prefer. For many of us, quality racing is Non-wing Sprint cars on 3/8 to 1/2 mile dirt ovals. HOWEVER, I gotta say that the quality of TV coverage of NASCAR events is great. And, it's affordable and convenient!
The pinnacle of NASCAR racing is history. And, it's impossible to create the elements that made it great in the first place.
Cloud Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:25 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post
NASCAR was great when they were running the big block 426/427/428 engines with twin 4 barrel carbs - talk about ground-shaking sound! You could identify the cars by sight easily - Dodge Daytonas, Plymouth Suberbirds, Ford Talladegas, AMC Javelins, etc....

Now the cars all look alike, and the small block 350 engines sound like a swarm of angry bees.
I guess I totally lost interest when they came up with restrictor plates. Just made for one big parade around the track lap after lap after lap. Pretty monotonous. And as you state, the cars all look the same now. Boring. I liked the good old days when they were more "stock cars." They were heavily modified but still had the body of a stock car. I just have a hard time finding it interesting now. And have no desire to attend a race and spend that kind of money just to be there.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:47 AM   #24

Your money goes as fast as the cars do
AKOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:19 PM   #25

Not just the races,has anyone been to Disneyland lately. I being retired with a small pension and SS can not and don't want to go there. Talk about inflation this is robbery. I don't want to buy the place.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:37 PM   #26

Used to like it.
I’ll go fishing
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:47 PM   #27

Ran the quarter mile races as a kid. Had a business and time for nothing for 35 years. I will be at Sonoma and routing for Truex Jr.. A friend brought me to a race in Dover De. ten or eleven years ago when he won his first cup race, I wasn’t interested back when NASCAR was real cars ,but it’s what I have now and don’t miss a race. The cost for one or two races a year is comparable to any other sporting events especially if there is a hotel involved.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:59 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playinthru View Post
Ran the quarter mile races as a kid. Had a business and time for nothing for 35 years. I will be at Sonoma and routing for Truex Jr.. A friend brought me to a race in Dover De. ten or eleven years ago when he won his first cup race, I wasn’t interested back when NASCAR was real cars ,but it’s what I have now and don’t miss a race. The cost for one or two races a year is comparable to any other sporting events especially if there is a hotel involved.
I hope you were there to see Truex Jr. win. Great job and a shout out to his crew and crew chief.
Lynn