Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2011, 05:12 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Navy Seal Funeral

This is a heart breaking view of this Brave Warriors service with his dog laying beside his master to the end. Dog Lies Next To Navy Seal Casket At Funeral | Video | TheBlaze.com
May God Bless all our brave heroes.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Heart Breaking is right....

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Heart Breaking is right....
X2 on that. very sad
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:42 PM   #4

Amazing
Old 08-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #5

We hunt outside Rockford, IA which is an hour and a half from our home. Very small community who's claim to fame is it's Devonian World Class Fossil Collection Locale with a former clay and brick pit devoted to fossil collectors. And about 45 minutes from Mason City, The Musci Man Capital. Got to love the history of your state.
sadiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
I watched the notice on television about the incident. To see a flag draped coffin brings me to tears and to see the loyal dog beside the coffin made it double bad. Somehow animals just ''know'' and how they ''know'' is not understood by men. Some dogs, when they lose their master, simply go listless and simply die. I have seen it happen and it makes you wonder at the ability of an animal to grieve over the death of its master. Our three dogs never cease to amaze me in their understanding and seeming ''insight'' to mine and Willas thoughts and our lives in general. Like you with pets, I have witnessed our dogs when we are going to take them to the vet. Not a word is said about our destination but when we put them in the car, they instantly know and they get very nervous. What scares me is I think they can read our minds.. Sometimes we will take Willas convertible with the top down so they can ''hang out the window'' and sniff the air. No Deal. they simply hide in the seat.

Anyhow. I would like everyone to stop and consider the sacrifice our military personnel make in the defense of this country. Their willingness to go in harms way for a cause. Every night I ask God to give me a ''tiny grain'' of the courage these people must have literally by the ton to do their duty. May God bless the families of the fallen and give them peace...
Nuff said for now (getting hard to proof read now)
God bless our fallen troops of every stripe and color.
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:25 AM   #7

I saw on the news this morning that one of the Seal's buddies (also a Seal) has taken in the dog. Hopefully he can develop another special relationship with his new owner. I think many times the dog is the owner and the human is the pet.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
I saw on the news this morning that one of the Seal's buddies (also a Seal) has taken in the dog. Hopefully he can develop another special relationship with his new owner. I think many times the dog is the owner and the human is the pet.
You have that right, just ask Zeus LMAO I really like it when he lats me lie on the bed next to Peggy
Old 08-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
dogs

Quote:
I think many times the dog is the owner and the human is the pet.
you are more correct than you know. think about it. they ride with us in the coach but never drive, buy gas, hook up, empty the pottie, fix a meal, wash the coach, wash the windshield, fix the dang coach when it breaks, sweep the floor or put water in the tank. They get to watch us go pottie, make love, make arguments, make decisions and do all the house work. They will, if called upon, clean egg out of a plate or find a pill or a piece of chocolet that you may drop if they are in the mood. They agree to share your bed with you if they are in the mood but they never make it up. They will sleep in your recliner and puke in your shoe and they choose to let you travle with them. If you buy a new coach or a new pair of sneekers they will christen it for you on the edge of the sofa and raise hell if their food or water dish happens to go empty. We love them and cherish them more than some ''real people''
My cousin Bonnie told me that if there was such a thing as ''Reincarnation'' she wanted to come back as MY DOG.......

Somewhere right now there is a G.I. guarding our freedom...That G.I. is putting his or her life on the line for less than they can make at Mickie D's...... think about it......
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:55 PM   #10

Quote:
I think many times the dog is the owner and the human is the pet.

I can't remember where I read this but... "If you were to come across two creatures walking together, and one was carrying the others poop in a bag, who would you assume was in charge?"

I hope Hawkeye finds what he needs to be happy in his new home...
Midnite-CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #11

A Seal is something that contains things like air and water.

A SEAL is a member of the Navy, in an specialized unit, whose specialties are concluded on SEA, AIR, and LAND.

Ed
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-Sommers View Post
A Seal is something that contains things like air and water.

A SEAL is a member of the Navy, in an specialized unit, whose specialties are concluded on SEA, AIR, and LAND.

Ed
My apologies to all these brave men and women I may have insulted, lear something new every day.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #13

Quote:

I never realized that is how they got the name SEAL. Thanks
Old 09-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnite-CTD View Post
I can't remember where I read this but... "If you were to come across two creatures walking together, and one was carrying the others poop in a bag, who would you assume was in charge?"

I hope Hawkeye finds what he needs to be happy in his new home...
I am sorry, I mean no disrespect here but this quote made me laugh out loud!

I understand that the Iowa Hawkeyes are planning some sort of tribute to the fallen heros and Hawkeye at an upcoming football game.
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seal