Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2019, 03:00 PM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceDeville View Post
Saw the 2nd episode, I think, it was great. The couple is well known youtubers that put out great videos.
Bruce Deville
Ah, I therefore must digress a bit. YouTubers being involved, actual RVers.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2019, 07:09 PM   #44

Spartan Chassis
I'd rate it as pretty much unwatchable. Wow...
BigSkyGuy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:52 AM   #45
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Just watched the third episode. Good for beginning or prospective RVers but very boring for those that have been doing it a while!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 12:12 PM   #46

Nothing more than Advertising!
Old 12-16-2019, 01:13 PM   #47

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I have watched 2 episodes and I find it hard to tell the difference between the commercials and the show. It just seems like one long series of commercials. Some of them are a little interesting but mostly just fluff.
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 01:36 PM   #48

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Just watched the third episode. Good for beginning or prospective RVers but very boring for those that have been doing it a while!

I think someone should start a series titled "Intermediate and advanced rv'ing" and then include topics relevant to that title.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:44 PM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
I have yet to catch the show, but going by everybody's posts so far, here's my opinion/observation. Going out on a limb here.....

Too bad these brainiac TV producers/show creators can't do the smart thing for once. Create a show about RVers/RVing/RV ownership, maintenance, the whole thing.......starring real RVers. Right? They could easily use YouTube as a model. There's tons of useful and entertaining stuff on there by real RV people.
It therefore appears the show is targeting viewers completely ignorant of RVing and anything about it? I think that's kind of risky to assume it will be wildly successful. What small percentage of newbie viewers will rush right out and dive head first into RVing because of the TV show? Some yes, maybe, perhaps, and that's great.....but I bet that number will be far smaller than the rest....current RV enthusiasts. The rest won't watch more than once, if that, for lack of interest. Who then will make up the audience for high ratings/continuation of the program?
Also, if the info for newbies on this show is really poor, what good is that then? People who do go out and dive in armed with crappy information are in for a sharp learning curve. That can be quite an adventure in itself, except for the driving part......that's not good at all. So it kind of sounds like it's a show that doesn't really serve anyone.....there's better info/entertainment elsewhere. ?

Answer: No. However, I'll bet there are more than a few of us here who have enough technical ability to put together a really entertaining and useful tv or talk show. I think THAT would be a show with a good audience that might benefit a lot of people.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:44 PM   #50

I will keep my opinions of the actual show close to the chest, however, i will encourage you to look up "Rv geeks", "Mortons on the move" and "technomadia" on youtube so you can get an idea of the people behind the show.

Have a great day!....
gonzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 08:53 PM   #51
WDW

Sorry, but I’ve canceled it as a “series to be recorded” from my DVR because it is a “McRV show” ——hold the fries.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 07:19 AM   #52

I have recorded all the episodes. I have watched them all with a fast forward button.
VERY BORING. I can 'watch' an episode in 5 minutes. Then delete. VERY disappointed!!!
Bring back the old RV show with Stew!
zb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 07:38 AM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by zb39 View Post
I have recorded all the episodes. I have watched them all with a fast forward button.
VERY BORING. I can 'watch' an episode in 5 minutes. Then delete. VERY disappointed!!!
Bring back the old RV show with Stew!

My thoughts exactly. Stew was entertaining, Tracy had some great tips, and Bill Gehr was great to watch repairing/maintaining stuff.

Did you ever watch Stew's trip to Lake Havasu with his sister and brother-in-law with a rented rv? There's some funny parts in that too.
Old 12-27-2019, 07:47 PM   #54

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
The whole show is one continuous commercial for various RV products. It's hard to tell the actual commercials from the show.
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 04:49 AM   #55

not to hijack the thread.

Are you tubers making any money ?

I have watch a few of them some are better than others.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 02:18 PM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransil View Post
not to hijack the thread.

Are you tubers making any money ?

I have watch a few of them some are better than others.
The short answer to your question is yes.
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote