Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
How sad...you try to help out a person and they treat you in such a bad way. Hope the guy gets what he derserves, and not let this change who you are. Take care.
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #16
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW

I hope you haven't deleted any of the voicemails that the jackass left on your phone.
Good one Sarah. Sorry for the OP's situation. It sure does suck. Off topic, but a neighbor of mine was a witness to a crime. On the night before the trial they shot him dead. Really makes you pause to get involved.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
The better I get to know people, the more I appreciate my dog.
I love my dog.
People suck. Even my wife and kids suck, compared to my dog.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
I love my dog.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I hope that any court in their right mind .
There is no such thing as a "court in it's right mind."

The court is run by lawyers. The judge is a lawyer. (politicians are mostly laywers too) They all belong to the same club. Thier only purpose in life is to enrich eachother.

Stay far far away from lawyers. Stay far far away from anything to do with our legal / political system.
I excercise my right to vote at every opportunity. Beyond that, I run under the radar. When one of them spots me, I pay them what they ask, and dissappear under the radar again.

Note the same rant applies to doctors too, except they belong to a different club, and hate politicians and lawyers as much as we do.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
I for one am sorry that your good deed went so far south. My hope is that you are blessed 10 times over. I hope the perpetrator learns a lesson here. All the best to you.

sCary
sCarycary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #21

And if you had tried to bring it home he would have you arrested for stealing instead of paying you.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #22

he wouldn't have paid you any way............isn't the bail bond money returned when how up to court ?
leadfoot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #23
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would cintact the district court commissioner and take everything with you. Any paperwork, contract and have access to voice mails. If he threatened you on any of the voice mails you may be able to push for a protective order. That will go a long way in turning over the fales charges.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #24

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
I love my dog.

My friend, you either have one heck of a dog or your wife and kids aren't getting the message!!
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sCarycary View Post
I for one am sorry that your good deed went so far south. My hope is that you are blessed 10 times over. I hope the perpetrator learns a lesson here. All the best to you.

sCary
Thanks for all your kinds words. I guess the next week or two will play it out. I have saved the phone messages and have 2 witnesses to support my side of this story.

You know I have really learned my lesson here. A few months ago I stopped where a 5th wheel was on the side of the road and the guys hood was open. He said it lost power and that he could drive the truck to the Ford dealer but needed the 5th wheel towed to a local camp ground. I helped him unhook the truck and towed his 5th wheel to the camp ground.

When we got there he went inside and came out with the paper work and told me site C-22. I pulled the 5th wheel to the site, backed it in and watched him leave without even saying thanks... I guess the world is a much different place than it was when I was growing up.
MRBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Anyone can go down and swear out a warrant for your arrest. Problems can result if you do this because sometimes there are provisions in the law to RECOVER any damages you cause that person. Hmmm. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBB View Post
The police wouldn't even talk to me. They treated me as though I'd robbed the man at gun point. I was just handcuffed and place in the cruiser. The desk Sargent did say he thought a false report was filed and if so the idiot was in big trouble. That doesn't do me any good because I will have to go to court, get it dismissed and then counter sue him which will take more time and money. Plus I won't get all my bail money back and I'm sure the local paper will have it all over the place on Monday.
Start shopping for a hungry attorney. You have a false arrest case most would drool over.
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
I dont know how it works in your state to get a warrant, but in Georgia he would have had to go to the Magistrate Judge for a probable cause hearing before the warrant would have been issued. I would like to heard whatever he told the person who issued the warrant and what he told the police officer that took his report for the "theft". Anyway, the world is full of scum bags like this guy and it makes it very hard for good folks to help someone out. Good luck in getting this resolved quickly. Maybe he will get his "reward" soon. But a good lesson to be learned for folks is that if you agree to do something like this for someone, and are to be paid in some way, get it in writing. You should easily prevail in this matter, just takes time and aggravation and maybe more money.