Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2017, 09:37 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParTheCourse View Post
Orig. post: "I was pulled over and given a ticket for going down a road that is posted "NO TRUCKS" I drive a F250 single rear wheel. This is bull he told me that that sign means over 5,000 lb and my truck is over that"

What part of "NO TRUCKS" is hard to understand?

Some jurisdictions have the amount of fine on ticket so you can plead guilty and mail it in w/o going to court, that's your option, you still have the right to plead your case to a judge and/or jury if you think you innocent
The exact definition of specific truck is in question here.

Commercial is different.

5000 pounds is a joke

And the sign states nothing but it does have a very descriptive drawing so one may assume a vehicle that looks like the image is the intent of the law which then would not apply to the op
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2017, 10:18 AM   #72

Newmar Owners Club
Just my opinion, but with all the "lawyers" here that have given all their legal opinions about the mental capacity of the Police officer in question, just remember that all the free legal advise is worth as much as you paid for it. And again in my opinion they have a piss poor way of showing their ability to treat other's as they would like to be treated. Now you can go ahead and tell me I'm wrong but your words will prove I am correct. I have my flame suit on so go ahead, you won't hurt me.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:08 AM   #73

Just away to make money. I travel I90 in Illinois once with my brother following me. I have a 1 ton daily, he has a 1 ton SRW. He got the car price, I paid twice the car price. Just because I had 2 extra tires.
FamFun4 u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 01:11 PM   #74

Mid Atlantic Campers
Carolina Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to Tugboat
Had to get the local Congress man involved once I showed him a picture of the truck, sign and info from NC that a weighted tag is a non commercial tag he took care of it. All the local lawyer was going to is try to get it knocked down.

As another note I was up there for my Father being in the hospital he passed on 1/5 .
Tugboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 01:17 PM   #75

Glad you got it sorted out. Sorry for your loss. Too bad the cop was a jerk.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 03:32 PM   #76

Tiffin Owners Club
Sorry to hear about the loss of your father.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome of the ticket.
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:51 PM   #77

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrytheBear View Post
Sorry to hear about the loss of your father.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome of the ticket.
X+2.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:52 PM   #78

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry for your loss!
Old 01-26-2017, 09:59 PM   #79

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboat View Post
Had to get the local Congress man involved once I showed him a picture of the truck, sign and info from NC that a weighted tag is a non commercial tag he took care of it. All the local lawyer was going to is try to get it knocked down.

As another note I was up there for my Father being in the hospital he passed on 1/5 .
Glad you got it taken care of, to your satisfaction! Thanks for the update!
Sorry for the loss of your father.
Rail!
Old 01-26-2017, 10:23 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboat View Post

sorry for your lose for sure ;;glad u got someone up there with enough brains to get the ticket quashed ;; too bad you all could not sit down and explain to the brain dead cop how ignorant he really was.(Is)
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:26 PM   #81

Newmar Owners Club
Watch out for Illinois A truck is "a motor vehicle designed for pulling or carrying freight, cargo, or implements of husbandry". My buddy used to get truck tickets for driving his Toyota Tacoma on Lake Shore Drive...
Vacay Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:32 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacay Wheels View Post
Watch out for Illinois A truck is "a motor vehicle designed for pulling or carrying freight, cargo, or implements of husbandry". My buddy used to get truck tickets for driving his Toyota Tacoma on Lake Shore Drive...
really? I don't believe that this is the best you have? cops are supposed to be highly trained and professional individuals and yet there so stupid they have to give tickets based on their brain dead interpretation of a no truck zoning?
extremely hard to beleive
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:17 AM   #83

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by select55 View Post
really? I don't believe that this is the best you have? cops are supposed to be highly trained and professional individuals and yet there so stupid they have to give tickets based on their brain dead interpretation of a no truck zoning?
extremely hard to beleive
If I recall correctly (and it was some years ago), my buddy did go into court the first time, and they told him, "No that's the law. Don't drive your truck in a no truck zone." After that, it was just a matter of, "Let's see if they catch me, because the alternative route is too much of a pain."
Vacay Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 01:56 PM   #84

Winnebago Owners Club
Some times it could be simply for the ticket revenue and the atta boys for being an income star.

As well I have no confidence in the judicial system. I have seen a number of judgements that had nothing to do with common sense.