Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2015, 09:08 PM   #29

It doesn't show up well on the map, but we were in Michigan. My brother-in-law lives in Grand Rapids and we parked at a state park at Gun lake near there. Saw President Fords museum and other things in the area. It is a pretty state. North Carolina, we have never been to and probably never will. I am going to try to get a semi-permanent route set up. I have a standing invitation to volunteer at Steamboat Lake state Park and I want to set up the same in southern Arizona. Four months volunteering at each end and two months between to travel.
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2015, 05:52 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
halfwrite, I just saw your post and will be making the point of 70 in May, just about 63 days, but who's counting. I like your attitude and feel much the same, I still don't feel that old and don't intend to start feeling old for another 20 years. My dad passed away
around 2 years, 2 months ago at 97. I hope to make it for a while yet. Happy 70th and many more to you sir.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:39 PM   #31

72 here and a month ago finished repairing a car that sat in mu garage for a long time then helped a younger man cut down a tree in my yard. When we finished that I started on another tree by myself. 25' up with a rope and chainsaw. I topped it and hauled all the branches to the dump. It took a week and then started the rebuild on my 16' vintage trailer. Don't want to stop, must keep going and get up out of the recliner. I did ride a Valkyrie motorcycle until an accident a year ago so my new hobby is woodworking in my shop. I like it and making things in wood if a fun hobby.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:52 AM   #32

i hit 70 in feb. happy birthday to all.

Jim
sprayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:16 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Halfwright, Happy Birthday! You have Thewright attitude to make it to many more!
Now I want to here the story about Ryder, and how he/she got their name? Hahahahaha!!!
Rail!
Old 03-11-2015, 08:39 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Happy Birthday from it seems the younger in the group, 65. My dad told me when I was very young that "everyday you wake up on the right side of the grass is a good day, enjoy it". It took me a long time to understand what me meant but, as always he was right. Note the name of my boat "Sea's the Moment".
Old 03-12-2015, 07:17 AM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Love the name! "Sea's the moment."
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:49 AM   #36

There have been any more birthday wishes ad I am thankful for them. Biker Art, I can work just as hard as I could when I was 20. I jut don't get as much done.

As to Ryder, we got him just before we started fulltiming. We decided to call him Ryder because that is what he does--he just rides around with us. We got him from a dog pound in Lakewood CO, so we are not sure of his breed. But, I think he is a poodle crossed with a garbage disposal. I know he is Ethiopian because he is always hungry and he eats bananas and tree roots.
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:22 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfwright View Post
There have been any more birthday wishes ad I am thankful for them. Biker Art, I can work just as hard as I could when I was 20. I jut don't get as much done.

As to Ryder, we got him just before we started fulltiming. We decided to call him Ryder because that is what he does--he just rides around with us. We got him from a dog pound in Lakewood CO, so we are not sure of his breed. But, I think he is a poodle crossed with a garbage disposal. I know he is Ethiopian because he is always hungry and he eats bananas and tree roots.
Thanks for letting us know about Ryder, sounds like he found his forever home!! Rail!