Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2021, 01:21 AM   #1

Online shopping and shipping is crazy

Is it just me or has the whole online shopping and shipping world went completely crazy? Does anyone else remember when Amazon did 2 day shipping standard, here lately I am lucky if I get something that I order within a week. Worse yet shipping and shipping estimates are all over the place, I am not singling out Amazon here, it is everything.

I ordered an auto part for my son's car (small sensor) on March 31, it shipped on April 2nd (5 days ago) from Medford, MA, this morning it arrived in Boston (10 miles away from where it started), no telling when it will get here to Louisiana.

On Monday I ordered something from Amazon, I choose my selection based upon the Wednesday estimated delivery date, though when I went to check on the order just a few minutes after placing the order, that Wednesday estimated delivery and turned into the following Monday.

Looking at my pending Amazon orders right now, I have 3 unrelated items I ordered on April 1st which have yet to arrive (today is now April 7th, 2 are listed as expected today, and 1 is listed as tomorrow)

Then there is the case of the LED light fixture I ordered from Amazon earlier this week, it was estimated to arrive yesterday, it shipped from Brookshire, TX on the west side of Houston, on its way here to western Louisiana (200 miles east of Brookshire) via UPS. When it did not arrive as expected today I tracked the package which is now showing as being in Goodyear, AZ a suburb of Phoenix (over 1,300 miles away).

It just goes on and on.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2021, 05:11 AM   #2

I ordered 8 small items for the RV back in February from Amazon and clicked to ship items together to help the shipping. Amazon shipped all 8 items (biggest one with packaging was 3" x 3") separately. What a waste of packaging and gas/diesel.
dsattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:49 AM   #3

I find it's a mixed bag. A lot of my orders from Amazon are still arriving fairly quickly, but I've and some orders that took much longer. The amount of shipping that increased due to the pandemic has certainly taken it's toll on all of the carriers. Then, there's the debacle with the US Post Office which has been ridiculous. And, if you order something that involves UPS or Fed EX with final delivery through the US Post Office....it's a total foul-up!
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:01 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
I find online tracking is anything but accurate.

I ordered the bracket kit for the steering stabilizer for my A.

After I ordered it, I got a message "Out of stock until 22 April."

I went on ebay found it in stock for the same price and ordered it.

When I went to Amazon to cancel, Amazon says already shipped.

WTH?

Both orders showed up on the same UPS truck.

Amazon is getting theirs back.

So yeah, the pandemic fake or real is causing massive disruptions in the supply chain.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
Is it just me or has the whole online shopping and shipping world went completely crazy? Does anyone else remember when Amazon did 2 day shipping standard, here lately I am lucky if I get something that I order within a week. Worse yet shipping and shipping estimates are all over the place, I am not singling out Amazon here, it is everything.

I ordered an auto part for my son's car (small sensor) on March 31, it shipped on April 2nd (5 days ago) from Medford, MA, this morning it arrived in Boston (10 miles away from where it started), no telling when it will get here to Louisiana.

On Monday I ordered something from Amazon, I choose my selection based upon the Wednesday estimated delivery date, though when I went to check on the order just a few minutes after placing the order, that Wednesday estimated delivery and turned into the following Monday.

Looking at my pending Amazon orders right now, I have 3 unrelated items I ordered on April 1st which have yet to arrive (today is now April 7th, 2 are listed as expected today, and 1 is listed as tomorrow)

Then there is the case of the LED light fixture I ordered from Amazon earlier this week, it was estimated to arrive yesterday, it shipped from Brookshire, TX on the west side of Houston, on its way here to western Louisiana (200 miles east of Brookshire) via UPS. When it did not arrive as expected today I tracked the package which is now showing as being in Goodyear, AZ a suburb of Phoenix (over 1,300 miles away).

It just goes on and on.

Was told several weeks ago FedEx and UPS wonít guarantee next day or 2 day. Donít know validity of that comment. As more brick and mortar stores close, I think this will get worse.
DerekF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:42 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My Amazon Prime orders almost always arrive on time. The prices seem to vary day to day more now than pre pandemic.

Other sellers you never know when they might arrive. Some are earlier than expected and some mystify me. I ordered one item and tracked it, in 5 days it moved about 200 miles, all in one State.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:13 PM   #7

Well , I'm relieved to know it not just me having shipping issues.

Purchased new ebike battery from Amazon Prime on March 31,2021 .

Arrived at UPS facility in Northern Cal. on April 1 .

We live in the Seattle area , so I have ridden my Harley further distance in a day.

Received delivery update for Saturday April 4.

Saturday morning received update of delivery delay and UPS being unable to provide where the package is currently located or when to expect the delivery.

Following days continued to check delivery status . No change.

Got up this morning and found the delivery on my front porch !

Prior to last Christmas , I received orders from New York in 2 days , during the Christmas Rush !

It appears the routine of over performing until they have reached control over the market , then start cutting back on service to save costs has become Amazon's business model.

I sure miss the old brick and mortar stores where I could go and touch and feel before purchase , and then take it home .

Hopefully businesses are paying attention .
Bill Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gail View Post
I sure miss the old brick and mortar stores where I could go and touch and feel before purchase , and then take it home .

A lot of them don't have stock either, at least the ones I've dealt with. The pandemic has affected availability of items I wouldn't have expected.
Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:55 AM   #9

Last year On-line shopping , therefore hipping drastically increased each month....folks NOT shopping in retail stores

Now shopping/shipping is at all time high

Compounded by lack of production/inventory and winter storms

If you find it, order it and wait....it will show up
Relax.....shopping is just a few key strokes, after that it is out of your hands

Besides......not going to get it any sooner by going to the retail store cause it most likely is not in stock so they will have to order it
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:28 AM   #10

Yes, but it is annoying when Gorilla Glue spray adhesive in all sizes has an estimated shipping date in May from Amazon.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
Yes, but it is annoying when Gorilla Glue spray adhesive in all sizes has an estimated shipping date in May from Amazon.
After Gorilla Glue Girl .....production was cut back so less product around for Idiots

Not Amazons issue.. can't ship until product is available
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:55 PM   #12
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We order a lot from Amazon and always select free shipping. We usually get the order on 4-5 days. I can live with that!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:55 PM   #13

Well you can blame it on Russia or China it has to be one messing us up ��
swampdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:45 PM   #14

Ordered a fuel pump for the boat yesterday afternoon from Amazon. It arrived today at 4:00.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote