Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2007, 08:36 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers

Space shuttle Endeavour sits on launch pad 39A after rolling out of the Vehicle Assembly Building at Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida July 11, 2007. A panel has found that astronauts were allowed to fly on at least two occasions despite warnings they were so drunk they posed a flight risk, Aviation Week reported on Thursday on its Web site. (Scott Audette/Reuters)

Can someone give me a very big BREAK! I am just sick of this stuff. Now we got drunk astronauts, doped up sports figures, football QBs with fighting dogs and Nancy Pilosi wants to tax cigars $10.00 each ... what in the world can be next!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2007, 08:36 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers

Space shuttle Endeavour sits on launch pad 39A after rolling out of the Vehicle Assembly Building at Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida July 11, 2007. A panel has found that astronauts were allowed to fly on at least two occasions despite warnings they were so drunk they posed a flight risk, Aviation Week reported on Thursday on its Web site. (Scott Audette/Reuters)

Can someone give me a very big BREAK! I am just sick of this stuff. Now we got drunk astronauts, doped up sports figures, football QBs with fighting dogs and Nancy Pilosi wants to tax cigars $10.00 each ... what in the world can be next!
Old 07-27-2007, 10:50 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
... what in the world can be next! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hillary
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:02 AM   #4

Jayco Owners Club
I hear ya Driver.

Like the old bar fly said to me back in the mid '60's. "Wait 'til you punks begin to harvest the crops you're seeding today."

Guess he was correct.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #5

Isn't it interesting that when we finally get a Speaker of the House who tries to do something, she not gets criticized, but her name isn't even spelled right? (Pelosi).
John Henson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #6

Last sentence of my comment should include the word onlybetween not and gets.
John Henson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:16 PM   #7

It appears that integrity, pride and honor have fallen from many professions. We now have a government that is probably least trusted than ever before. Unfortunately the media waddels in all of this garbage because it sells newspapers. But have faith all, I know that I am not the only one who has grandchildren who are respectful, honor their mothers and fathers,and still hold their hands over their hearts during the National Anthem of this Great Nation....
bill carle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:16 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> . . . her name isn't even spelled right? (Pelosi). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Left wing conspiracy!
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:12 PM   #9
doc

Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted July 27, 2007 03:50 PM Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DriVer:
... what in the world can be next!

Hillary </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO!!!!!
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:39 AM   #10

We put Michael Vick, Nancy Pelosi and Hillary on the next shuttle flight with drunk astronauts !!

Margaret - She who must be obeyed.
Tincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 06:22 AM   #11

We live in a fascinating world.

How many of you have booze cabinet in your RV? I have one and it's stocked, and I'm guessing a lot of you have too. In my experience RV'rs rank right up there when it comes to alcohol consumption. I tend to think the headlines about the astronauts are a bit exaggerated.

What about your bathroom? How many of you have a medicine cabinet filled full of drugs? They maybe legal, but often they are far more dangerous and deadly than the illegal ones. If you want to do something about drug abuse start at home, your home.

Then, of course, there are cigarettes, deadly not only to those who smoke but also to those who are close to you when you smoke.

How many of you have to have a cup of coffee in the morning?

We are a society that lives for drugs! Not just those other guys, all of us live on drugs!

What I don't understand is all the hypocrites. The people who say one thing, and then do exactly the opposite! I know this is old fashioned but I think honesty is a virtue. I value those friends who do what they say they'll do. Just a few of the high profile hypocrites recently are:

Rush Limbaugh!

The good Pastor Haggard!

Saint and Senator Vitter!

I think these people have betrayed the thousands by saying one thing and doing another. Personally I think that is criminal. It at least ranks right up there with driving on a suspended license and they should go to Jail!

So what's wrong with a $10 tax on cigars? That might just offset the public heath costs and then there is the smell!

Michael

2005 Dutch Star 40' 4 slide
2005 BMW K1200LT motorcycle on lift
2006 Ford Escape Hybrid
Vegascpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 06:44 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
The only one that I would be concerned about are the pilots- the rest of them are just along for the ride.

Hey, you might want a couple if you were climbing aboard a bomb!
Brigadoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:24 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Henson:
Isn't it interesting that when we finally get a Speaker of the House who tries to do something, she not gets criticized, but her name isn't even spelled right? (Pelosi). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>John, Sorry for the typo, I did check the spelling and still misspelled it. Nancy's "New Direction" is aimed squarely at your wallet. You can take that to the bank if you have any money left.

I'm just wondering what it is that you like, that may be in a gray area, beer or alcohol, twinkies perhaps? You see I don't use alcohol. Maybe what's next is that Nancy will propose legislation that will tax the product out of existence along with small businesses that sell the product along with the entire industry that supplies the product for sale.

Considering DUI and loss of innocent life on someone's part everyday when we turn on our TVs; I see this as clear and present danger. I can't tell who's coming at me in the opposite lane. I think that Nancy and her team should apply a $10.00 tax on a can of beer.

It's not fair to try to control people's habits unreasonably whether taxing a cigar or a can of beer way beyond what could be considered punitive revenue. We all need to police ourseves and everything taken in moderation can get us by day to day with what makes our lives more fulfilling and rewarding.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:17 AM   #14

Jayco Owners Club
Nancy Pelosi is third in line from the President. That's got atheists saying "God Forbid" (paraphrased; Dennis Miller-The Buck Starts Here - Half Hour News Hour - Fox Sunday 9:00PM)
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote