Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Panic First

Last night about 4pm the power in the coach went haywire, only half of the things worked, in my usual manner I went nutstbecause the weather was in the 30s and it was raining like heck (WE are in Oregon on the coast) could only see a cold night developing.
So put on my rain coat and got out a flash light, off into the night I went, like a pioneer dad going to save his family from doom.
I messed with the inverter, because we had had problems in the past (Mainly caused by me), went back inside , stiil nothing-anyway long tale short this went on for about a 1/2 hour--Out /in/out again, no help.
So I decided to fire up the Genny, which I should have done in the first place, as I went out for the last time (cold and wet) the neighbor caught me and informed me the RV park lost all power. DUUU I should have noticed the street lights were out.
Went back in fired up the genny and got out the burbon.
All the neighbors came in and helped themselves, drank all my cough Segrams medicine
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Forgetting the check the obvious...

Marilyn often wonders why we assume the worst before checking the obvious.

I'm glad you guys survived the coastal winds. It wasn't so bad here in Salem.

Marilyn's chemotherapy is going ok. We'll be done in February and maybe we can start traveling again in March. Sorry we missed the most recent northwest gathering.

Take care.

Steve
Old 12-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
KAS

Sounds like me. I often miss the obvious. Glad it turned out to be the whole area and not your rig though!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I can't tell you how many times I've thought I had a problem... only to find out it wasn't a problem at all. I've learned to just take a break and mull it over before jumping in on the trouble shooting.
blang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #5

Don't beat yourself up over it. We all do it. My cable/internet has a habit of leaving the TV stream running and shutting off the internet. It says connected, but no data comes across. I have worked on all my setting and really screwed it up to then have my neighbor call me up and ask if my internet worked.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Larry & Rita,
My panic travels with me (no not the wife). The breaker on the battery charger is a bit persnickety. Not often (couple of time a year) it will pop for no apparent reason. When connected to shore power and having 4 coach batteries I can go a long time without noticing the coach batteries are not being charged. When they are about to give up the ghost, I go checking all kinds of stuff to determine what could be wrong. One time I even got out the portable battery charger and connected it to the coach batteries. Eventually, I check the 120 VAC breaker panel and see the breaker tripped. It is one of those maintenance items I've been going to get around to, but keep forgetting.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry & Rita View Post
Last night about 4pm the power in the coach went haywire, only half of the things worked, in my usual manner I went nutstbecause the weather was in the 30s and it was raining like heck (WE are in Oregon on the coast) could only see a cold night developing.
So put on my rain coat and got out a flash light, off into the night I went, like a pioneer dad going to save his family from doom.
I messed with the inverter, because we had had problems in the past (Mainly caused by me), went back inside , stiil nothing-anyway long tale short this went on for about a 1/2 hour--Out /in/out again, no help.
So I decided to fire up the Genny, which I should have done in the first place, as I went out for the last time (cold and wet) the neighbor caught me and informed me the RV park lost all power. DUUU I should have noticed the street lights were out.
Went back in fired up the genny and got out the burbon.
All the neighbors came in and helped themselves, drank all my cough Segrams medicine
Hay, the Bourbon was the correct action to resolve the stress. Having the neighbors over to confirm the solution was priceless. Here wishing you many future RV experiences. Hopefully some where you are parked next to me.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfrantz View Post
Marilyn often wonders why we assume the worst before checking the obvious.

I'm glad you guys survived the coastal winds. It wasn't so bad here in Salem.

Marilyn's chemotherapy is going ok. We'll be done in February and maybe we can start traveling again in March. Sorry we missed the most recent northwest gathering.

Take care.

Steve
Steve, my wife Linda and I are here in Salem at He He Ilihee RV resort. Been here since July and will be moving out in late May. Just curious is we were in the same park or not? Gary

20016 - Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite - 26BHS travel trailer
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote