Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #15

I'm 70 years of age now, and I figured out, when I was in my 20's, that people like professional sports because they have been told that they should, kind of like religion.

I also came to the conclusion that there are not any really new plays or events, just different people doing them and/or different people watching.

It's mindbogglingly difficult to tally up the number of hours I have spent doing some kind of sport, rather than watching someone else doing theirs!

All IMHO.

Ed
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
You know, I've been officiating at the high school varsity level now for 7 years...so I know what goes into it. I also know several people who currently officiate at the pro level.

Officiating, and the rules adjustments made "in the interest of increasing the quality of the game" take away of the enjoyment for me. It has become so much different than the game we played when we were younger. And in the process, the rules and enforcement have made the game almost impossible to understand when there is a call that seems ridiculous (like the Packers Seahawks game earlier this year), or the scrums that occur on fumbles, when it is obvious who has the ball before the scrum starts.

I view it as sickening and pointed at entertainment rather than enforcing the rules...the officials have become as much of the entertainment as the game
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
It must be really bad as the announcers of one of the games I was bouncing back and forth to stated, (not verbatim BTW) "these guys in this crew made the same kind of AUTROCIOUS CALLS when they officiated that Buffalo game in Toronto." I cannot comment on the Toronto game as I refuse to watch anything ex Toronto that has something to do with the NFL, but it must be getting really bad for announcers to make comment and not lose their jobs.

In the Ohio game a defensive player was called for Helmet to Helmet and he was just about prone and already in motion when the offensive player tried diving to get the first down. Incredibly bad officiating is so obvious by the usual good officiating. I think the NFL should start cutting some of their crew loose.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #18

This is just one of the reasons I no longer watch "professional sports". Big money ruined "professional sports" decades ago, now it has wormed its way into college sports.
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote