Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2021, 06:25 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Philips Respironics CPAP machine recall

https://www.respshop.com/philips-cpa...oaAjTmEALw_wcB
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2021, 10:59 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I was lucky and did not have this brand of CPAP.

So who isn't one of the lucky ones, and what do you have to do to get a new one?
Old 08-18-2021, 11:56 PM   #3

Thumbs up

thank you for posting this, I'll have to call my DME supplier tomorrow for a new machine.
Old 08-19-2021, 12:14 AM   #4

Don't wait to get notified. I wasn't notified until I had to take my machine into Kaiser so they could download my history. They advised me of the recall so I went online and registered for it. I also have a new machine (not a replacement). Hopefully when I get a replacement from the manufacturer, it will be a 12V machine like my old one so I can easily use it on my MH without shore power. My new machine is 24V which won't be as simple to use without shore power. I'll either have to use an inverter or something to convert from 12V to 24V.

I'm not too concerned about the foam living in northern California with low humidity and I've never used any risky cleaners.
BCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 10:19 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCam View Post
Don't wait to get notified. I wasn't notified until I had to take my machine into Kaiser so they could download my history. They advised me of the recall so I went online and registered for it. I also have a new machine (not a replacement). Hopefully when I get a replacement from the manufacturer, it will be a 12V machine like my old one so I can easily use it on my MH without shore power. My new machine is 24V which won't be as simple to use without shore power. I'll either have to use an inverter or something to convert from 12V to 24V.

I'm not too concerned about the foam living in northern California with low humidity and I've never used any risky cleaners.

This is what I bought for my 24v CPAP

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07P6H99...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Old 08-19-2021, 10:41 PM   #6
cwf

Phillips is not helping much… sent someone an older ResMed Auto Sense, doctor set up for him.

On our Airstream I ran another positive cable from battery to an inverter. Then a cable from the inverter to an “inverter only” labeled outlet. 1000AH get it domr
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 10:42 PM   #7
cwf

There is a new gizmo called “inspire”. Installed subcutaneously like a ticker-kicker… smash a remote and it engages. No hoses, etc
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 10:55 PM   #8
D20

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Registered the machine when the recall first came out a while ago. Just got an update today saying they hope to get to everyone within 12 months! Haha, really.
Old 08-20-2021, 12:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCam View Post

I first learned of it here. I registered it this morning (thursday), and also called my sleep center, their advice was to put a filter inline with the hose... I can't (won't try to) sleep without my Cpap, so I'll just change out the filter on a regular basis until the recall gets to me on the list.
Old 08-25-2021, 05:04 PM   #10

filter came in, and other than a new 'whistle' when I'm trying to fall asleep (that might be from the new hose I also put in at the same time) it hasn't affected the flow. If you are like me, and going to keep using the machine despite the recall, look into an inline filter.
Old 09-02-2021, 12:20 PM   #11

Thought I would add a bit of information for those waiting for their machines.

I registered my machines the day the recall was announced (and subsequently registered a 2nd time), and on August 29, I received a letter delivered by FedEX from Philips stating that because I registered my machine (s), I was receiving this letter. There was another site listed in the letter which shows pictures of the impacted machines:www.philips.com/src-update . And to be assured that the company is working hard to solve this issue, but be aware that it could take 12 months. This is all that I know as of this point (although I seem to know more than my doctor). But, my son in law who registered his machine after mine, received a machine in the mail a few days ago. We both have Dreamstations, but the machine he received was not a Dreamstation, but a smaller machine which he believes is new. It came with a case, humidifier and hose and instructions and mailing label to return his current machine. He did not receive a letter. Not sure how this is working. For those of you needing to use the machines but concerned about the breakdown of the foam or gasses, you can order an "inline" filter which attaches to the machine and your hose trapping additional particles from the machine. They are a few dollars and can be ordered from Amazon as well as medical supply companies and claim to last 4-6 weeks. You might notice a decrease in the air pressure due to the additional filter, but this has not been a problem for me or my son in law. Hope this helps.
BP120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 12:31 PM   #12
D20

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP120 View Post
Thought I would add a bit of information for those waiting for their machines.

I registered my machines the day the recall was announced (and subsequently registered a 2nd time), and on August 29, I received a letter delivered by FedEX from Philips stating that because I registered my machine (s), I was receiving this letter. There was another site listed in the letter which shows pictures of the impacted machines:www.philips.com/src-update . And to be assured that the company is working hard to solve this issue, but be aware that it could take 12 months. This is all that I know as of this point (although I seem to know more than my doctor). But, my son in law who registered his machine after mine, received a machine in the mail a few days ago. We both have Dreamstations, but the machine he received was not a Dreamstation, but a smaller machine which he believes is new. It came with a case, humidifier and hose and instructions and mailing label to return his current machine. He did not receive a letter. Not sure how this is working. For those of you needing to use the machines but concerned about the breakdown of the foam or gasses, you can order an "inline" filter which attaches to the machine and your hose trapping additional particles from the machine. They are a few dollars and can be ordered from Amazon as well as medical supply companies and claim to last 4-6 weeks. You might notice a decrease in the air pressure due to the additional filter, but this has not been a problem for me or my son in law. Hope this helps.
Is the machine that your son-in-law received a loaner to be used only until his machine has had the foam replaced and sent back to him?
Old 09-03-2021, 09:49 AM   #13

His understanding is that the new machine is his replacement. But since it isnt a dreamstation,i wonder if he will eventually receive a dreamstation replacement. Since he paid quite a bit out of pocket for
the original dreamstation we are both concerned that we receive machines of equal value in exchange.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:18 PM   #14

For those of us waiting for replacement machines- i received my new machine yesterday, a replacement for my Dream Station. My friend and son in law have also received their new machines. We will need to return the recalled units. I have been busy and not taken the time to really look my new machine over , but it appears to be anewer version of the DreamStation. No word on my replacement unit for my older recalled model but progress is being made, and I am thrilled that it didn’t take a year for this to happen. Thought i would give an update for folks waiting and wondering.

Tags
recall