Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've had the Pilot/Flying J card for years and have found the fuel costs to be competative. Last weekend I got gas in Jackson, MS at 3.00 a gal after my discount.
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy (ret).
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2014, 09:17 AM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
If you use your P/FJ/GS card you can just swipe it at the kiosk printer inside and get a receipt without standing in line.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:59 PM   #59

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twomed View Post
If you use your P/FJ/GS card you can just swipe it at the kiosk printer inside and get a receipt without standing in line.
So just how does that go? Do you need to select something first, then swipe card? Is kiosk used for other things? Never noticed the kiosk before but sounds like it would be faster. I always go inside and get a receipt.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:34 PM   #60

It's happening everywhere. These criminals put scimmers in the machines and they capture your info. Don't ever use your debit card as a debit always a credit. Otherwise the bank doesn't cover you if it's used as a debit card. Don't put your pin number in using your card as a debit.
Justwinginit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #61

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblers View Post
It's happening everywhere. These criminals put scimmers in the machines and they capture your info. Don't ever use your debit card as a debit always a credit. Otherwise the bank doesn't cover you if it's used as a debit card. Don't put your pin number in using your card as a debit.

This is why blanket statements should never be used.

My bank will not approve a credit transaction when paying at the pump in Florida due to a major increase in debit card fraud. You MUST use your PIN and my bank (card issuer) gives the exact same protection as a credit card on these type of transactions.

ALL debit card transactions regardless of whether you select debit or credit have the same exact level of protection if reported within 2 days. A regular credit card gives you sixty days to report.

The sad reality is you should be checking your transactions daily to protect yourself. My bank also provides a e-mail service that sends me notification every time my card is used regardless of how the debit card is used. I get it for free due to my account type. Certain levels can get it for a small monthly fee.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
I'm a Good Sam Life Member and have the .05 cent a gallon discount at Flying J, but they do have the highest prices compared to other truck fueling stations. I prefer my Pen Fed Credit Visa Card. 5% off the price. $4.00 diesel cost me $3.80 a gallon. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:36 PM   #63

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I think their "scamming" days are over and the exec perps that did it are being punished. I do have a P/FJ account although I have not had an opportunity to use it because of my ability to find much cheaper fuel with easy ingress and egress on Gas Buddy. However , hope spring eternal !
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:03 PM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
So just how does that go? Do you need to select something first, then swipe card? Is kiosk used for other things? Never noticed the kiosk before but sounds like it would be faster. I always go inside and get a receipt.
They (P/FJ) call it a kiosk/ Looks more like a big Ipad on a stand about waist high. Scan your fuel card and it will ask what you want hit print receipt and you are out the door. Usually located just inside the door at the trucker end of the counter, of course layouts vary.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:02 PM   #65

Problem has been resolved. Thank you Flying J Fraud Department. Getting to the fraud department takes a few phones calls and talking to several people. Once the fraud department received the details of the transaction a service rep called the next day and the overcharge was removed a few days later.

No explaination or details were given for the overcharge. No additional paperwork was required.

Thanks to the IRV2 member who posted Flying J's contact phone number. Their service rep answers right away. Your help was appreciated and put a speedy end to an otherwise stressful trip. The number listed on our Flying J card was useless and numbers listed for the truck stop were never answered.
Bentley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:21 AM   #66

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley1 View Post
Problem has been resolved. Thank you Flying J Fraud Department. Getting to the fraud department takes a few phones calls and talking to several people. Once the fraud department received the details of the transaction a service rep called the next day and the overcharge was removed a few days later.

No explaination or details were given for the overcharge. No additional paperwork was required.

Thanks to the IRV2 member who posted Flying J's contact phone number. Their service rep answers right away. Your help was appreciated and put a speedy end to an otherwise stressful trip. The number listed on our Flying J card was useless and numbers listed for the truck stop were never answered.
So FlyingJ is off the "naughty" list?
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy (ret).
Old 08-31-2014, 08:15 AM   #67

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by navychaps View Post
So FlyingJ is off the "naughty" list?
YET, the thread title remains. How ironic!
Old 09-03-2014, 04:37 AM   #68

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
YET, the thread title remains. How ironic!

So true, but they earned it !
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:29 AM   #69

Fleetwood Owners Club
Off topic just a little, meaning this is a positive post on P/FJ, but I used the kiosh yesterday to print a receipt for my fuel after pumping at the truck pumps. Saved me from the long line at the counter. Thanks to those that mentioned it!
Old 09-03-2014, 07:48 AM   #70

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Paid 2.98 in Jackson, MS on Monday only other place close to that price was a No Name gas joint about 4 miles away...