Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2020, 06:22 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwinginit View Post
Children at times can be quite trying and upsetting to other campers. Will they require a fee or DNA test for them in case of damage? And adults too can make a mess. There are all kind of things that can happen. With the prices these campgrounds are getting they can afford it. You can almost get hotel room with everything provided for not much more money now.

You cant compare a child to a pet. I have both. I cant lock my child in a kennel for a couple hours while go to the store.

I dont have to pick up my child's poop.

OK so he did pee on a tree in the middle of a campground one time. The kid not the dog.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2020, 07:04 AM   #30

Harvest Hosts are sounding better & better - way less rules and much less crowded.
Old 09-13-2020, 07:52 AM   #31

Don't have to worry about me not picking up after a pet while camping. I don't take pets camping and I'll be dang if follow a pet around picking poop! So while we on the subject. Most everyone I've seen while camping pick up after them but there is this also. Last camp out people with there dogs walking around will let them pee anywhere. Case in point- so one comes by pees on a tree at our site so the next one comes by yep you guessed it pees on the same spot so on and so on . So how do ya'll clean that up! Yes these are the same people that clean there dog poop up but don't care where they pee and yes it does smell. I finally mixed up strong soap and water and poured on the area.
Jayco19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 08:18 AM   #32

My guess is the park caters primarily to stays longer than overnight. It is a policy that has two goals. One, to minimize the number of pets in the park, especially overnight guests with pets. Second, for guests staying longer periods of time, it is a powerful incentive for them to pick up after their pets on a continuing basis, otherwise they will just look at the $40.00 as a sunk cost. The $40.00 alone when spread over a weekly, monthly, or seasonal stay is insignificant.
kcdogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 09:09 AM   #33
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAD
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:18 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
My browser red-flagged that link and I couldn't tell if it was something safe to follow through on.

What was it?
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:32 AM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
All they have to say is "No Dogs"
We have one and understand why.
Loose, barking, no leash, don't pick up.
I bet under normal circumstances, they will have full occupancy.
I will be looking for this type park after my 12+ YO dog leaves us.
Old 09-13-2020, 01:15 PM   #36
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard5933 View Post
My browser red-flagged that link and I couldn't tell if it was something safe to follow through on.

What was it?
It is/was a picture of a man holding what looked like a large German Shepard up to his chest in front of a sign that said if your dog poops pick it up.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 02:33 PM   #37

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco19 View Post
Don't have to worry about me not picking up after a pet while camping. I don't take pets camping and I'll be dang if follow a pet around picking poop! So while we on the subject. Most everyone I've seen while camping pick up after them but there is this also. Last camp out people with there dogs walking around will let them pee anywhere. Case in point- so one comes by pees on a tree at our site so the next one comes by yep you guessed it pees on the same spot so on and so on . So how do ya'll clean that up! Yes these are the same people that clean there dog poop up but don't care where they pee and yes it does smell. I finally mixed up strong soap and water and poured on the area.
You realize that the outdoors has a ton of animals peeing on things all around you, right? They just mostly don’t do it while you are watching.

(As it happens, we don’t let our dog pee in some places, but I don’t fool myself that those places are clean. No one is watching to see where raccoons pee and there’s probably enough of them peeing around here to sink a battleship.)
PirateFoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 03:02 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
It is/was a picture of a man holding what looked like a large German Shepard up to his chest in front of a sign that said if your dog poops pick it up.
Ah, the written language - do we follow it explicitly or do we 'grok the concept'?

Don't get me started on Apostrophe Abuse....
Old 09-13-2020, 04:16 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateFoxy View Post
You realize that the outdoors has a ton of animals peeing on things all around you, right? They just mostly don’t do it while you are watching.

(As it happens, we don’t let our dog pee in some places, but I don’t fool myself that those places are clean. No one is watching to see where raccoons pee and there’s probably enough of them peeing around here to sink a battleship.)
Wild animals we have no control over but your dog on a leash does! That being the person holding the leash so keep your pet in the drive and don't let it pee or poop on someone's else's campsite. If that not possible keep it on your campsite and let it do it business there! Oh but wait you don't want
to smell it so that make it right for it to go on someone else's site so they have to!!
Jayco19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 07:13 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdogger View Post
My guess is the park caters primarily to stays longer than overnight. It is a policy that has two goals. One, to minimize the number of pets in the park, especially overnight guests with pets. Second, for guests staying longer periods of time, it is a powerful incentive for them to pick up after their pets on a continuing basis, otherwise they will just look at the $40.00 as a sunk cost. The $40.00 alone when spread over a weekly, monthly, or seasonal stay is insignificant.

In our case We planned on 2 nights. That's it. But we found a better place pet friendly.
Justwinginit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 07:56 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwinginit View Post
Woodsmoke in Fort Myers, Fl. And no we did not stay there after trying to make a reservation with two small dogs. Found a nice park nearby with no problem with dogs. But who cleans up deer poop or duck poop or any other animals poop?
I've been through that RV park, it's not for me. The sites are very close together, so close, if someone must leave unexpectedly half a dozen others must move so they can get their RV out of the space.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:14 PM   #42

As a dog owner, who's dog leaves adult size droppings, we pick it up promptly.

Unfortunately, we have some friends who are Not good dog owners. We gave them bags,.... they never used them. We had to clean up after their dogs so our neighbors would not complain.

So,... as much as I disagree with the CG poop-police, or the 10-year rule. I understand why they exist. Self-entitled people whose caring stops at their inconvenience Sorry in advance, if that offends anyone.