Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #43

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye View Post
I went to Texas A&M University for 11 years and just couldn't graduate. One day, the dean of students calls me in to his office and says, "Don, we're going to give you the opportunity to graduate. In a month, at half time of the homecoming football game, we are going to bring you out on the field and ask you one question. If you get it right, you get your degree. If you get it wrong, you have to go home without it and not come back."

I agreed to this and ran off to start studying. I studied night and day for a month. Finally the day came. It was a special day with homecoming and all the upcoming parties. The whole stadium was packed with A&M students and alumni, all waiting to see how I would do since I had become such a legend. The dean stepped up and said, "Don, are you ready for your question?"

I said I was.

The dean said, "Don, what is 3 X 3?"

I thought about it for about ten minutes and then finally stepped up to the microphone and said, "9?"

Before the dean could respond, thousands of the Texas A&M students and alumni jumped up and yelled, "GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE!!"

Don
Both you and Butterbean are lying. I know for a fact that was at the 1999 Gator homecoming in Gainesville.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2011, 05:41 PM   #44

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLA View Post
Steve and Grumpy,

The problem here is that you just don't have enough of them so the DW loses track . You need a few more so they all start looking alike.

liz
Soooo..........I can say, "It's OK if I buy this....Liz said so....." Are you coming to the rally????????

I've got two Eddystone Arensal 03's.....and I don't remember where or when I got them!!!!!!! Still in the shipping box.....

Honest honey, I had them BEFORE we got married!!!!
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:55 PM   #45

Grumpy,

Not going to any rally.

Here's the deal. Get a whole bunch of gun socks. Put all the guns in appropriate gun socks (long gun or pistol). Then they all look alike... problem solved.

Unless DW is really up on models and specifics, you're home free, as long as you have "enough" (whatever that is). It has to be enough so that it's hard to count them and one or two more don't make the stack look appreciably larger.

What good is a gun if it's still in its shipping box? (Unless you're keeping it pristine in hopes of flipping it and making a profit.)

liz
Old 06-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #46

I simply refer you to Seajays blog.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:37 PM   #47
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
I read it for the articles
Old 06-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #48

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLA View Post
Grumpy,

Not going to any rally.
Here's the deal. Get a whole bunch of gun socks. Put all the guns in appropriate gun socks (long gun or pistol). Then they all look alike... problem solved.
What good is a gun if it's still in its shipping box? (Unless you're keeping it pristine in hopes of flipping it and making a profit.)liz
I like the idea of passing the buck. Why are they still in the shipping boxes....forgot I had them
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #49

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
This won't hurt a bit!

Just sign here and we'll take care of everything.
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:31 AM   #50

Grumpy,

Okay, if you forgot you had them, you probably have enough to manage the camouflage trick. You just have to get them out of the boxes and "dressed" like all the others so they blend in. Then you can add to your collection pretty easily just by camouflaging any new ones the same way. Once they all look alike and you have several, you're home free.

liz
Old 06-29-2011, 07:31 AM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Honestly, I used to work for a GM dealer where the service manager would sell little old ladies "muffler belts." They'd stick the car up on the hoists and bang and clatter around, then bring out some old worn out belt that "needed replacement." I didn't work there very long after that.
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:15 AM   #52

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_N_Terry View Post
Honestly, I used to work for a GM dealer where the service manager would sell little old ladies "muffler belts." They'd stick the car up on the hoists and bang and clatter around, then bring out some old worn out belt that "needed replacement." I didn't work there very long after that.
The idler arm for muffler belts were secured with Nelson bolts and they could strip out. That was even more expensive.

I was nine years old when my older brother clued me in on this one.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #53

Girlfriend asked me this morning when I was in the shower how many guns we had. My response... Not enough!

Same woman just bought me a 48 gun safe for my birthday. When she pressed for the gun answer I told her we wont be filling up that nice safe you bought me in the next month or two!

Chris
HoRotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #54

Monaco Owners Club
Personally I don't lie; but before we were married my DW said " Not now; but if you marry me you can have sex any time you want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Ya right!!!!!!!!! Now she tells me "You really don't want it"
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #55
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
The check is in the mail.
You get this one, I'll pay next time.
You look great.
Of course I love you.
It's not the money, it's the principle of the thing.
but we can still be good friends.
She means nothing to me.
Don't worry, I can go another 20 miles when the gauge is on "empty."
Don't worry, he's never bitten anyone.
I'll call you later.
I've never done anything like this before.
I'm from your government, and I am here to help you.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:50 PM   #56

"Dont worry, I'm on birth control".
mick is offline   Reply With Quote