Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2019, 08:20 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggcrisp View Post
You guys could just send me your pot money and I will send back a hammer. Whenever you want to experience a higher level just whack your thumb with the hammer...
hmm a new meaning of getting hammered
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2019, 08:18 AM   #30

No legal pot here

Here in Taiwan it's still illegal. Big sign in airport say's, "Trafficking in drugs is punishable by DEATH." I'm not sure if that means just smoking it, but I won't challenge it. Just in case we are trolled by the DEA, I don't smoke pot, pot plants, hot pot, pans or anything related to a pot. Though, I do eat a lot of twinkies when I'm in Texas.
taichungman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:44 AM   #31

As long as me, my kids or grandkids (or yours..) don't have to smell what you're smoking, drink what you're drinking or eat what you're eating, then I don't care what floats your boat (as long as you're not behind the wheel either...)
Old 03-31-2019, 05:19 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRVey 74.5 View Post
As long as me, my kids or grandkids (or yours..) don't have to smell what you're smoking, drink what you're drinking or eat what you're eating, then I don't care what floats your boat (as long as you're not behind the wheel either...)

That's the problem. It's bad enough that there are too many drunk drivers on the road. Now we will have to deal with HIGH drivers, because it's legal.
glwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:59 AM   #33

When it became legal in calif we tried it quite a few times. never did anything for me. An entire joint...nothing...while DW was laying on the bed and couldn't stop rocking. Still have left overs. Way over rated.

skeeter
skeeter_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:15 PM   #34

Have been resisting responding. I'm not a fan of it and don't want it around me. And what I don't like is when people that do this are around you (which I try to avoid) they all keep insisting on you doing it too. Same with drinking.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:54 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwinger View Post
That's the problem. It's bad enough that there are too many drunk drivers on the road. Now we will have to deal with HIGH drivers, because it's legal.
It's bad enough there are ANY drunk drivers. With that said, why do people always go to the extreme case scenario? It is, of course, illegal to drive under the influence of any intoxicating substance, even prescription ones. The people who drive while high will do it no matter what the substance is, pot, alcohol or prescription drugs, you name it. Should all three be criminalized because some people might not take their responsibilities seriously? Should we could continue to legislate to the lowest common denominator, or demand personal responsibility? In all honesty this move is way over due and and it is shameful it is not done on a Federal level. The entire country could have excellent health care for the money we have spent on "The War on Drugs."
RichH
aguablanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:48 PM   #36

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by taichungman View Post
Here in Taiwan it's still illegal. Big sign in airport say's, "Trafficking in drugs is punishable by DEATH." I'm not sure if that means just smoking it, but I won't challenge it. Just in case we are trolled by the DEA, I don't smoke pot, pot plants, hot pot, pans or anything related to a pot. Though, I do eat a lot of twinkies when I'm in Texas.
I don't know about Taiwan specifically but I do know that China regularly executes drug traffickers. They do a lot of executions. I don't think this includes ordinary possession or consumption, but the penalties for that are still severe, even for marijuana.

On the plus side, marijuana is not used very frequently over there and people smoke all kinds of crazy **** that is legal so you could probably blow weed smoke in a cops face and they wouldn't recognize the smell. Smuggling it in is still a stupid idea and trying to find it there is probably impossible.

Also good to know is that there is leniency for Americans when it comes to the chinese death penalty. You have a good chance of just getting a really long prison sentence and then being sent home and facing **** here instead of being executed.
CoachDitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 12:28 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachDitka View Post
I don't know about Taiwan specifically but I do know that China regularly executes drug traffickers. They do a lot of executions. I don't think this includes ordinary possession or consumption, but the penalties for that are still severe, even for marijuana.

On the plus side, marijuana is not used very frequently over there and people smoke all kinds of crazy **** that is legal so you could probably blow weed smoke in a cops face and they wouldn't recognize the smell. Smuggling it in is still a stupid idea and trying to find it there is probably impossible.

Also good to know is that there is leniency for Americans when it comes to the chinese death penalty. You have a good chance of just getting a really long prison sentence and then being sent home and facing **** here instead of being executed.
Is this just an informational post or are you advocating something similar for America?
aguablanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 06:17 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliez View Post
Have been resisting responding. I'm not a fan of it and don't want it around me. And what I don't like is when people that do this are around you (which I try to avoid) they all keep insisting on you doing it too. Same with drinking.
Nothing wrong with saying that Charlie, I enjoy consuming both on occasion but never around others that might be uncomfortable or offended by it. Common courtesy should prevail.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:31 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter_ca View Post
When it became legal in calif we tried it quite a few times. never did anything for me. An entire joint...nothing...while DW was laying on the bed and couldn't stop rocking. Still have left overs. Way over rated.

skeeter

Interesting as I've heard that the pot of today is much more stronger than the pot of the 60's/70's.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:15 PM   #40

I used to partake regularly until I got my CDL. Now, it's been almost 25 years since I last toked up.
We are travelling to Maine this summer where recreational use has been legalized.
I told Pammi that if she wanted to, go ahead. I won't, because I still need my job!
Now, in 4-5 years when we retire, whole different ball game!
Old 04-06-2019, 05:36 PM   #41

How much pot does it take to get a person 'under the influence' when driving? One joint? Two? Six? Is there a legal limit for pot like there is for drinking? I know how many drinks it takes to get me over the legal limit. Anyone know the numbers for pot?
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 07:22 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Perrin View Post
I used to partake regularly until I got my CDL. Now, it's been almost 25 years since I last toked up.
Once hauling away from a water main break a retired inspector had stopped by to visit. Looked at me, "I saw you on jobs a long time ago. Thought you would be retired by now." If the had started mandatory drug test 10 years earlier I would be

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
How much pot does it take to get a person 'under the influence' when driving? One joint? Two? Six? Is there a legal limit for pot like there is for drinking? I know how many drinks it takes to get me over the legal limit. Anyone know the numbers for pot?
This, IMHO, has been a hold up for legalization for a long time. They can test your hair, tell if you have indulged going back years. Or you can pee in a cup, and know about the last few weeks. But a test to know you are under the influence? AFAIK, no test.
OTOH, I have been around drivers bussed on pot and idiot oil. Most stoners seam to understand they can't drive as good when high, likely to be over cautious. The drunk knows he is a super driver, knows he can see better, more likely to take a chance...
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote