Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2015, 12:59 AM   #43

National RV Owners Club
I think the one that gets me particularly is Diamond commercials.

They basically imply that your love is directly proportional to the size of the diamond you buy for your loved one. Don't be cheap because it means you really don't love your woman.

They also suggest that all women in the world want a diamond and that is the thing that makes life worth living.

It's insulting and total bull from an industry that is so artificially price controlled that if all the diamonds that were being kept in storage were released all at once, they would be virtually worthless. How much would your love be for your partner then?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2015, 06:27 AM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Products I won't buy because of their ads

I Completely agree about buying Diamonds for a loved one. We have been brainwashed into believing Diamonds are a way of showing your love. What it says to me is if your loved one WANTS diamonds, it's time to get on down the road unless you have lots of money to burn. (I also realize that I am in the minority on this)
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:18 AM   #45

Guess my brain is programed to automatically mute adds.I recognize some of the adds mentioned but automatically ignore them.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:57 AM   #46
laj

I also realize that I am in the minority on this) i'm with you on this. if you have to buy them, ( women ) we call them hookers. they should know you do by the day-to-day normal things.
if that's not good enough run, don't walk.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:32 AM   #47

Okay I wasn't going to chime in on this, however changed my mind. I have stopped listening to my local radio station because probably 50 percent of the ads are Dave Ramsey talking windows, dentist, Carpet Cleaners, etc, etc....
I sometimes don't mind listening to his show, however his hocking of every single item in the world just turns me off.
Cspringsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:47 AM   #48

90% of our viewing is via internet streaming. Very shorly, I'm going to ditch Dish and put a antenna in our attic.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:51 AM   #49

Obnoxious commercials don't seem to be hurting ED medication sales.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:19 AM   #50

Some of the adds for Attorneys I find particularly amusing, you know the ones that claim you "maybe entitled" to a settlement once they've defended you for using a dangerous drug or been exposed to some toxic material and start off with, "Have you or a loved one experienced serious bodily injury or death from using or being exposed to "X" product or material?" Really, seriously? Yepper, I'll be the first in line to sue that evil manufacturer, just as soon as I figure out how to do it from the grave.

It's sad to me that most advertisers think we're all stupid.

Mike H
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:34 AM   #51

The entire cable/satellite tv industry is a huge scam to me. Wow, if you get the premium set-up, you get 250 channels................of which 3, maybe 4 channels are actually worth watching. And the commercials. I remember when they first offered cable tv in Northern Wisconsin. There were no commercials. Now, I haven't timed it lately, but I swear there is more time on commercial than program. Peggy has a few programs she likes to watch, or the tv would be kicking stones down the road..

My favorites are Tom & Jerry, Green Bay Packer football, and leave it to beaver. Television, like the inter-net is such a potentially wonderful technology that is being wasted and abused by people trying to sell us something.

Luckily for me, Peg has a long, long list of "honey-dews" for me that I can live without tv, and I am learning to get along without the inter-net also. A good thing too, since half my key board just stopped working. I get the message. bye
Old 04-08-2015, 05:48 AM   #52

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Pet peeve -- insulting ads and commercials. I will not buy Flonase because the commercial's tag line is "six is greater than one". Duh!

And then there are those that claim, "You deserve ..." That just adds to the younger generation's sense of entitlement. Grrrr!
One thing about it, you will be making very few purchases.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 01:57 AM   #53

Thor Owners Club
Grammer, use proper GRAMMER!
MeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 02:18 AM   #54

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSteve View Post
Grammer, use proper GRAMMER!
Don't you mean GRAMMAR?
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 02:36 AM   #55

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormrider15 View Post
I found both of them on Netflix and a whole lot more. I can't stand commercials either. I may just have to kick the satellite to the curb as well.
Netflix is at the top of my list of products I won't use because of the intrusive pop-up and pop-under internet ads they used to plague me with. I finally had to buy an ad blocker because they kept finding ways to bypass the free ones.

Although there is no way I would ever buy a Toyota product anyway, that idiot they have shilling for them would be good enough reason to not buy from them.

Cox has nothing but obnoxious and/or stupid commercials but, unfortunately, they are the only halfway decent ISP where I live so I'm stuck with them (I only get internet and phone from them).

Old Navy, JC Penney, and Target always have stupid commercials. I don't shop at Old Navy since they do not have my sizes and I have other reasons to not shop at Target but their commercials are plenty reason for me to not shop at them.

The old Jared commercials that had some woman angrily accusing her honey of being cheap or stupid because he didn't go to Jared have soured me on that place permanently.

The Jimmy Dean commercials with the guy posing as the Sun have soured me on their products.

Normally commercials don't bother me—they pay for the content I'm watching and inform me of new products and services—and some are even entertaining. I won't buy a product just because they have a good commercial but a bad one will drive me away.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 04:09 AM   #56

Marketing prescription drugs.

stoners is offline   Reply With Quote