Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2018, 06:34 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
That’s a cystoscope I think it called, not for the prostate.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2018, 09:47 PM   #44

Are there other remedys for a cancerous prostate rather than complete removal of the prostate?
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:32 AM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
I know couple of guys that had radioactive seeds implanted into the prostate and appears to have the cancer gone?
Buly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:09 AM   #46

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
There is a procedure where the doctor uses very cold needles to kill the cancer cells in place. I would suggest doing your own research and visiting several doctors who perform these different procedures. I know several friends (too many) and all of us have had different procedures and different outcomes. It depends on your Gleason score and which type of prostate cancer you have. Make sure that whichever doctor you choose, they have done their procedure many times. Ask for the successful results %
Old 03-15-2018, 11:14 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
Are there other remedys for a cancerous prostate rather than complete removal of the prostate?
Check out Bob Marckini's book You can beat prostate cancer. After being diagnosed with prostate cancer back in 2008 I spent literally hundreds of hours researching what to do. I choose Proton radiation at Loma Linda. My psa for the last 10 years has remained at 0.03.

Unlike conventional radiation, Proton can specifically target the cancer without doing damage to healthy tissue surrounding it. Most never experience any side affects whatsoever. Cure rates are as good or better than surgery. There are Proton centers located all over the US now.
css899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:06 PM   #48

All I know is tell doc to take Super Bowl ring off before during the prostate exam..don’t care what type of exam it is
95B20V5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:40 PM   #49

There is a new procedure in this country HIFU stand for High Intensity Focused Ultrasound, used around the globe for about 10 years, approved By FDA, I think last year.
It removes all of the cancer cells, no side effects, one treatment takes 3-4 hours, go home the same day.
Very few doctors trained so far, Stanford, Cleveland, USC are some, I am seeing the only doctor in Arizona that performs this procedure. Scheduled for end of June.
Harrysait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:32 AM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Give us a follow up in July.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:55 PM   #51

Is anyone who has had a 3TMRI very concerned about the contrast fluid they inject you with before starting the MRI?
I had the MRI back in April and have been reading how this fluid doesn't leave the body for years, even the brain, and can cause several different side affects.
On TV, even the lawyers are getting involved in possible legal suits.
Now after a biopsy and prostate treatment the surgeon mentioned he will probably want to do another MRI and biopsy in 6 months to verify all is good. Not sure I'm ready for another round of it at this time. Surely PSA reading should do the job.
Will question him at the next appointment next week.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:50 AM   #52

Need more information. What are the specifics of your initial diagnosis? What type of procedure or treatment did you have done? Whats your current PSA? Doing another MRI and biopsy sounds strange unless the doc feels your results warrant it. Always get a second or third opinion when in doubt.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:07 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by css899 View Post
Need more information. What are the specifics of your initial diagnosis? What type of procedure or treatment did you have done? Whats your current PSA? Doing another MRI and biopsy sounds strange unless the doc feels your results warrant it. Always get a second or third opinion when in doubt.
Initial MRI in April indicated 4 suspicious spots. Biopsy with 13 samples later then proved those 4 spots were cancerious. First of this week under went cyrotherapy (cold needles) on those 4 spots. Surgeon said everything went just like supposed to. Now enduring a catather till next Tuesday.

PSA had gradually climbed from 2.8 to 6.5 over the last 7 appointments (some annually some 6 months apart) before having the MRI.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:23 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI-Camper View Post
There is a procedure where the doctor uses very cold needles to kill the cancer cells in place. I would suggest doing your own research and visiting several doctors who perform these different procedures. I know several friends (too many) and all of us have had different procedures and different outcomes. It depends on your Gleason score and which type of prostate cancer you have. Make sure that whichever doctor you choose, they have done their procedure many times. Ask for the successful results %
The surgeon at Oklahoma University Medical Center who did mine has the best reputation in Oklahoma, has been doing it for 10 years, and a surgeon in Dallas, Texas is the only one in this region who has done more of them. Since the MRI showed the spots were in a hard to reach place on the prostate and he knew it would be very painful I was anesthized for both the biopsy and the cyrotherapy. procedue.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:46 PM   #55

I assume the cancer was confined to your prostate? I would start by seeing what your psa looks like in 6 months. If it remains the same or doesn't drop much you might want to look into having things looked at more closely.

Another MRI with contrast may be warranted (hopefully not) if the doc deems it necessary. I personally wouldn't have another needle biopsy done. Stay positive, do some research on a prostate friendly diet and lifestyle, and see what things look like in 6 months. I'm betting you'll get some good results.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:43 PM   #56

Yes the cancer was confined to the prostate. Keeping my fingers crossed for good follow-ups in 6 months.

Tags
travel