Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2022, 06:34 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
As an old guy with problems like most who have posted here, I've been following this thread with great interest. I've been taking notes of what works, what doesn't work, side affects and other information. After 70 posts, here's the bottom line. Nothing works for everybody. What works for one, doesn't work for the next guy; one guy has side affects, the next guy doesn't; one guy is allergic, the next guy isn't...and the beat goes on.
So my plan is to do nothing....until it really gets bad then talk to my doc.
Good plan! As one who'd been on Tamsulosin and then Finasteride, it's not worth it. As one who has had the TURP procedure it sure as heck is not worth it. TURP destroys an anatomical check-valve and one certain thing that happens is that one something goes backwards and your horse drops dead at the finish line.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2022, 07:46 AM   #72

Based on this thread I stopped Tamsolusin three days ago and started on the Costco stuff. So far so good but I'll report back after a little time passes. I stopped the Allegra too to really test this out.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 08:56 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandW View Post
Good plan! As one who'd been on Tamsulosin and then Finasteride, it's not worth it. As one who has had the TURP procedure it sure as heck is not worth it. TURP destroys an anatomical check-valve and one certain thing that happens is that one something goes backwards and your horse drops dead at the finish line.
Well, I had a TUMT procedure not a TURP and doesn't destroy any anatomical check-valve. I have better flow and no side effects.
Old 03-20-2022, 09:36 AM   #74

Freightliner Owners Club
For those of you that use the Costco Trunature product, how long did it take to see a positive change?

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 10:00 AM   #75

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler of california View Post
For those of you that use the Costco Trunature product, how long did it take to see a positive change?

Nick
I noticed a difference the first night, however it took about a week or two before I reached the most improvement at which time I saw no further improvement until I switch to taking it morning and night (2 a day). I haven't tried (no need to) more than 2 a day. In any case, within the first night or two you should notice an improvement which keeps gets better up until after the first to second week of usage. ~CA
CRV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 10:30 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler of california View Post

Nick

Is this the Costco Trunature product folks are having success with?

https://www.costco.com/trunature-pro....11601590.html
Old 03-20-2022, 10:42 AM   #77

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandfly View Post
Is this the Costco Trunature product folks are having success with?

https://www.costco.com/trunature-pro....11601590.html
Yes, that is what I found works best for me and also at a cost lower than many other brands.

Other brands I tried, there seems to be a commonality where if it contains both Saw Palmetto and Zinc it worked for me, but the costco brand still seemed to work best. The Sam's product "Advanced Prostate Formula" doesn't have zinc and when I tried it I discovered it didn't work for me at all, although it did work when I would take zinc along with it.

BTW, for those that may not know, you do not have to be a costco member to purchase this (likely all of their products) and instead they charge a markup fee for non-members (10% I think... maybe 15%). ~CA
CRV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 10:45 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
Yes, that is what I found works best for me and also at a cost lower than many other brands.

Other brands I tried, there seems to be a commonality where if it contains both Saw Palmetto and Zinc it worked for me, but the costco brand still seemed to work best. The Sam's product "Advanced Prostate Formula" doesn't have zinc and when I tried it I discovered it didn't work for me at all, although it did work when I would take zinc along with it.

BTW, for those that may not know, you do not have to be a costco member to purchase this (likely all of their products) and instead they charge a markup fee for non-members (10% I think... maybe 15%). ~CA

We go to Costco every other week, will check it out.

Thanks,
Old 03-25-2022, 07:12 PM   #79

Another thing that the doctors don't tell you is that dairy products inflame the prostate. I have a buddy that liked his milk and ice cream. he was up 6 times a night. He stopped the dairy and went down to 1 time a night.
Old 03-25-2022, 10:06 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-in-Mich View Post
Another thing that the doctors don't tell you is that dairy products inflame the prostate. I have a buddy that liked his milk and ice cream. he was up 6 times a night. He stopped the dairy and went down to 1 time a night.
Never heard that one! I'll have to do some experimenting.

19' ETI Escape trailer
Rexlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 08:20 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-in-Mich View Post

Never knew that! I use almond milk quite a bit, but do prefer half @ half in my coffee. I'm also giving up butter and going back to Smart Balance, although I must admit real butter has the best flavor.

So far, my prostate enlargement isn't a serious factor yet. Only in the early morning is it really obvious, but quickly improves.

mr. ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 04:05 AM   #82

I see that the club I'm in about this has A LOT of members.
I asked my Urologist just exactly what did Flomax and it's cousins do to help? He said it helps you pee. No kidding? I can already do that. I stopped taking the meds and unless I have a couple of beers I go once a night and sometimes not at all.
My Doctor retired and my first visit with the new guy is coming up. I'll see if anything in the field is new, he is much younger.
Old 04-09-2022, 08:37 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
Based on this thread I stopped Tamsolusin three days ago and started on the Costco stuff. So far so good but I'll report back after a little time passes. I stopped the Allegra too to really test this out.

Here is my report back after about three weeks. Thumbs up on the TruNature stuff from Costco. Peeing is a little better than on Flomax, and my allergy symptoms are mostly gone even though I stopped Allegra and even though we are in the heart of Spring allergy season here in AZ. The sex side effects are gone too. If Flomax isn't working well for you, or if you don't like the side effects, try this stuff. And I have no financial interest in Costco or TruNature.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 10:01 AM   #84

Lay off the carbs and anything with sugar in it ..... carbs turn to glucose/sugar, if your sugar levels get high during the sleeping hours the kidneys begin to extract/process it out of the body through urine and why multiple times at night the urge to urinate without the normal volume and flow that occurs during the day. That is the body releasing the sugar through the urine. You will also notice those middle of the night urine amounts are not a full bladder as the body recognizes that it needs to get the excess sugar out of its systems. So those late day and evening snacks, along with sugared drinks may be your culprit. I know it was mine, cut them out and got better sleep without waking up three or four times throughout the night just to dribble out urine.