Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2021, 08:54 AM   #1093
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
“The magic in new beginnings is truly the most powerful of them all.” —Josiyah Martin
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2022, 10:00 AM   #1094

It has been said that the final sound from the uncorking of a bottle of Champagne is like the sigh of a contented woman. ~Douglas Lamb

A single glass of champagne imparts a feeling of exhilaration. The nerves are braced; the imagination is stirred, the wits become more nimble. ~Winston Churchill
Old 01-01-2022, 03:45 PM   #1095

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
"Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

~ Alfonso Bedoya, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 04:31 PM   #1096
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
One tree makes a million match sticks, but only one match is needed to burn down a million trees!
Old 01-02-2022, 05:47 PM   #1097

Fleetwood Owners Club
From my doctor during one of the annual Medicare wellness visits:

1. All bleeding stops.
2. All mitosis stops.
3. All lights left on in a parking lot go out.

Best Regards,
Frank
Old 01-02-2022, 05:49 PM   #1098

Fleetwood Owners Club
"The main difference between an Airbus and a chainsaw is that a chainsaw can only take down one tree at a time, so if it don't say Boeing I ain't going."

- My friend the un-named United Airlines captain.

Best Regards,
Frank
Old 01-02-2022, 11:32 PM   #1099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankmerrill View Post
"The main difference between an Airbus and a chainsaw is that a chainsaw can only take down one tree at a time, so if it don't say Boeing I ain't going."

- My friend the un-named United Airlines captain.

Best Regards,
Frank
Here's the origin of that saying by Boeing pilots who have probably never flown an Airbus. I have flown both and I think if you could take the best features of an A320 and the Boeing 757 and add some modern engines you would have the world's best single aisle airliner.
If the Captain did turn off the autopilot in that configuration the aircraft systems assumed the intention was to land and wouldn't have added power to climb like the crew expected because it was flying at Alpha Max at an Angle of Attack just below stall.
It's been 20 years since I've flown the Airbus and I donated all my manuals to a flight school so the details may be a little hazy.
https://youtu.be/-bi8jg9BY9Y
https://youtu.be/KEH7OpnA-I4
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 09:22 AM   #1100
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
“It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” ―Herman Melville
Old 01-04-2022, 05:02 AM   #1101

Former President and Chief Justice William Howard Taft once observed that “presidents come and go, but the Supreme Court goes on forever.”
“Hey I'm just an old chunk of coal but I'm gonna be a diamond some day “. John Anderson
“ Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.”
--Mary Anne Radmacher
Rixthe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 07:49 AM   #1102

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
"The time to buy is when there's blood on the streets."

"Buy when the cannons are firing and sell when the trumpets are blowing."

"Fortunes are made by buying low and selling too soon."

~ These quotes are usually attributed to Nathan Meyer Rothschild, 1st Baron de Rothschild and are usually false or half-truths. But the messages contained within the quotes are none the less truisms in investing.
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 09:50 AM   #1103

The secret to a long life is to stay busy, get plenty of exercise, and don't drink too much. Then again, don't drink too little! ~ Herman Smith-Johannson

Arresting a single drunk or a single vagrant who has harmed no identifiable person seems unjust, and in a sense it is. But failing to do anything about a score of drunks or a hundred vagrants may destroy an entire community. ~ James Q. Wilson
Old 01-04-2022, 10:09 AM   #1104
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
“How many slams in an old screen door? Depends how loud you shut it. How many slices in a loaf of bread? Depends how thin you cut it. How much good inside a day? Depends how good you live ’em. How much love inside a friend? Depends how much you give ’em.” ―Shel Silverstein
Old 01-04-2022, 10:25 AM   #1105

I am at work everyday, on time, it’s having to hang around, for 8 hours that is horse pucky.
. I don’t mind doing nothing for something, but I hate doing something for nothing! 😉
Rixthe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 06:55 AM   #1106

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJeff View Post
"Fortunes are made by buying low and selling too soon."
I don't know about the others, but I have seen this one attributed to Rothschild so many times and in so many places that I am tempted to believe that it might be a valid quote of his. Or, as so many "quotes" from before recording media, very close to the actual quote.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote