Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2014, 08:01 PM   #14043

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Di you have to wear a special suit or dress for that?
Any old Kimono will do for STMs.
jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #14044

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnebowman View Post
Any old Kimono will do for STMs.
I do not have "any old Kimono".
It is gently used.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:13 PM   #14045

Vintage RV Owners Club
Never mind...ya have to log in first...lol
Old 04-10-2014, 08:21 PM   #14046

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Di you have to wear a special suit or dress for that?
I'm not sure what Diane wears for her PROM, but I can tell you that I wear jeans or shorts and a T-shirt for mine. Comfort out paced style many years ago for me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:46 PM   #14047

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky

I'm not sure what Diane wears for her PROM, but I can tell you that I wear jeans or shorts and a T-shirt for mine. Comfort out paced style many years ago for me.
Egads - apologies to Jne - I tried to type Do and ended up with Di - but Jne gets the credit for entering PROM - Personal Rate of Mutation into the RVM Lexicon of Mutant Terms and Phraseology.

Well done Jne!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #14048

Who can remember prom.... Besides i dont ever want to wear panty hose ever again...... If i can go bare legged sure....PROM.... Now those are flashbacks....

Next GC, not this one, maybe we need a PROM night...... Tux tshirts for the men, sparkly jeans and bedazzled t shirts for the ladies.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:48 PM   #14049

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Aaargh...my phone auto updated to the new app and I can't figure out how to post or reply from it...my tablet hasn't yet...but I understand it will have to eventually...anyone help?
Not sure if this will help ...on my Android tablet I have to hold my finger on the last post and a box pops up with choices to respond.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:50 PM   #14050

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Never mind...ya have to log in first...lol

Guess what. My ipad just updated the ipad version.... On its own, remember IOS7 does that. Well it is ok, but the aqua is not my fav color, turquoise yes, aqua no.... Dont like it, but guess i gotta live with it.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:03 PM   #14051

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hey Sue, you never mentioned how Martin happened to break his wrist. He must have done a bang up job on it if it required surgery. Will he let you enlighten us as to how this calamity happened?
It's posted on one of the other threads the STM's have taken over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Aye and ditto I'd like to know as well.

We had a fantastic mini-curiosity with Dave & Deb today, it was lunch at Chuy's bar and pub and basically caught up since we last had supper with them and Dave & Nola and Dave and Toni ( non-mutants) tomorrow we are on our way into New Mexico. Sorry to read about calamities and electrical failures but these too will pass and life on the rainbow will shine bright.

Cheers !!!
See above or below....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Well done, Nhytefall! You prolly can't wash dishes or do windows either. Awww, what a shame! Take care.

As for Martin's calamitous fall, since we are driveway camping for a while w/o a dump station, we are conserving water and space in the black and gray tanks. Since we are also out in the country, it's a guy thing to sometimes take a leak outside. He stepped out to do that, being a responsible guy and all, and slipped on rainwater on the extra step. He came back inside knowing it was bleeding and probably broken.

I was in town at a meeting when he phoned, so I drove home to get him and drive back to the ER. We got home about 1:00 am. Next day we saw the recommended surgeon, who added Martin on to the end of his day. It was tougher than expected, but after 3 hours (instead of 1-2), the open wound had been closed, the fracture reduced and a plate had been installed to hold it all together.

We got home about 12:30 am. He's still in pain anytime he moves the arm, his fingers are still swollen, and the pain meds make him a bit light-headed. I get to do the driving now as well as his share of the dishes.

Some parts of the rainbow just aren't as appealing as others, ya know? Or maybe we slipped off temporarily, but we'll clamber back on soon.

Thanks for asking, y'all, and I prolly tole ya more than ya wanted to know. Returning you now to regular mutantations.

Cheers!
Sue
Today's Ponder --- Do any of us regularly mutantate like a caterpillar - butterfly type thing of do we basically just vegetate and think about mutantating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Guess what. My ipad just updated the ipad version.... On its own, remember IOS7 does that. Well it is OK, but the aqua is not my fav color, turquoise yes, aqua no.... Don't like it, but guess i gotta live with it.....
Please be careful with all this colour talk. You have to remember that over 60% of the members are male and to us there are only about six colours. The rest are just ways women drive us nutz.

Just spent about an hour watching the hummer wars ongoing over our back deck under the canopy. Little kamikaze pilots dipping and darting and attempting to intimidate each other into giving up their perceived territories. Delightful way to sip a rye and coke and enjoy their antics.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:05 PM   #14052

The magic - a small ponder

One thing I still find amazing and magical. I sit in my trailer at home, out the window everything is familiar. Inside, here is my kitchen, my bathroom, my bed, all familiar and comfy, as well. But in what seems the blink of an eye my cozy little home is transported to somewhere else entirely and I see out the same window a lake or mountains, something totally different, yet inside all remains the same. Duh! That's what an RV does, you might say. Well, I continue to be enchanted. Though the process itself might not always be fun, the end result will always seem like an an amazing magic sleight of hand to me and it never gets old. So I say, you CAN take it with you, lol.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #14053

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hoot Hoot Tina!
The magic - the slight of hand - it's built into RVs of all shapes, makes and sizes. Even sitting here in my comfy chair at home - I can be transported to far away places in Bonita Bounder. We are making a short overnight trip Saturday to check things out. Fingers crossed that none of the gremlins got in this winter. Not a lot of time to work em out before the GC @ CL...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #14054

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
One thing I still find amazing and magical. I sit in my trailer at home, out the window everything is familiar. Inside, here is my kitchen, my bathroom, my bed, all familiar and comfy, as well. But in what seems the blink of an eye my cozy little home is transported to somewhere else entirely and I see out the same window a lake or mountains, something totally different, yet inside all remains the same. Duh! That's what an RV does, you might say. Well, I continue to be enchanted. Though the process itself might not always be fun, the end result will always seem like an an amazing magic sleight of hand to me and it never gets old. So I say, you CAN take it with you, lol.
Yep! Changing the outdoor wallpaper. A grand thing.

We are due to adorn our environment with the wallpaper of site 113 at the GC!
Yeah. Hyped. Stoked.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:00 AM   #14055

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
New Flash
Quote:
If there are any Red Dwarfers on the mutant list I just read that the original cast has signed a deal to record season eleven and that the production is underway. I hope everything is of the same caliber and humour level as the previous ten seasons.
Red Dwarf Renewed For 11th Series - Filming Date Confirmed | The Awesome Chronicles
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:49 AM   #14056

Tiffin Owners Club

Possum - What are you doing up at 2:00 AM - besides writing on the internet? You and Teffy must be night-owls.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote