Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2014, 05:42 PM   #14631

The 4 of us are waiting for you!

Oops!
5 of us. No pic of Lilly yet!
Silly me

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6915.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	368.3 KB
ID:	61153

Name:	IMG_6908.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	61154

Name:	IMG_6897.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	61155

Name:	IMG_4358.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	454.0 KB
ID:	61156

Name:	IMG_4361.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	528.3 KB
ID:	61157
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2014, 06:54 PM   #14632

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
How'd You Arrange This? Thanks BTW...

DW and I were on the back deck watching the humming birds when a sudden shower erupted out of a fairly cloud free sky and we were suddenly sharing the GC@CL Rainbow.

I know who will take credit for this but I am at a loss as to why then (8:45 CL time)

Now if we get a really beautiful meteor shower the evening of our big wedding event my amazement will know no bounds.

Have a grand gathering mutants.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6136.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	61160  
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:10 PM   #14633

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
At 8:45 PM we were saying good night after sharing a meal of Stubby's BBQ and Nola's yummy potato salad. Sena and Lily are skirred of the dark and wanted to go home to bed.

What a wonderful day on the rainbow. Thanks for the photographic evidence of that fact, Dennis.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:47 PM   #14634

Monaco Owners Club
You all are going to have so much fun!!! Can't wait to see a picture of all you mutants. Take good care of Diane too.......
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:17 PM   #14635

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Evenin Muteys!

Well as Paul Garvey always use to say, "the rest of the story" have landed today and CL will never be the same. After a great Evenin meal in which we all took over this little Italian place that served really good food, we all migrated back to CL to sit around the lanterns and swap lies, I mean stories. We missed having Steve and Annie join us but they ate a late lunch and arrived last so they stays behind to hold down the fort. We have a consensus to be on the trail by 11 AM so look for the Texas wagon train to pull in to CL around 3-4 PM. Yee haw look out AR.
cause here comes trouble!
Old 04-22-2014, 10:18 PM   #14636

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Evening Mutants!
Cell service is spotty at best on my AT&T - Don has better service with Verizon. So here's the scoop - the Texas contingent of 8 RVMs are at Coopers Lake State Park. It is dark thirty here and June Bugs - Beatles - Ticks and Moths are here with us! It's cool and skies are clear.

The group says we are leaving at 11. It's 4 hours or thereabouts to CL. That makes us not there until 3 or 4. Hmmm. I usually wake early but it is first day of vacation for this mutant so I may try to sleep in.

I can't believe the FEGC@CL is finally here!!

If your reading this and not an RV Mutant yet - does your RV not have a thing a two but you don't miss them? Is the journey your destination? If so, tell us about them and declare the journey is your destination. You may have what it takes to be RVMutant!! Ya know ya wanna be RVM78. Say the words!

RVM2
Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:36 PM   #14637

So how am I s'posed to sleep tonight, hmmm? I'm too excited and nervous!

The cookies are baked, the pudding is made and the ice cream custard is cooked, cooled and ready to freeze. Am I all packed? Who knows, but prolly not.

While I'm sitting here not sleeping (beside Martin who is), I'll dig up a couple of photos of us, so we won't be total strangers when we show up.

First, a selfie from December: Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1398227124.433366.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	61184

Next, the 2 of us after kayaking at St. Thomas Island in February: Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1398227271.849349.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	1,005.9 KB
ID:	61185. Can't tell much from that one, can you?

And last, Martin (on the left) with our friend Bill: Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1398227352.131836.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	742.8 KB
ID:	61186

How the heck do you make yourself go to sleep when you just aren't sleepy? I can lie here for 2 hours and never doze off. Been told that after 20 min. you should get up for a while, then try again.

Ah well. Whatever. (Sigh)

Cheers, all you sleepy STMs! See some of you soon, and others further down the road.
Sue
Old 04-22-2014, 11:09 PM   #14638

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
S
How the heck do you make yourself go to sleep when you just aren't sleepy? I can lie here for 2 hours and never doze off. Been told that after 20 min. you should get up for a while, then try again.

Ah well. Whatever. (Sigh)

Sue
I've had that problem since I was 11-12. Not fun. PC wants me to go see a head Dr. Don't want nobody poking around in my head.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:17 PM   #14639

Vintage RV Owners Club
Just got back from son #1... his wife still had not had that appendix removed.(Last heard, he kept moving her back for other more serious things, like someone bleeding to death on the operating table... which she promptly told him he should not have told her...) Since Baby awakes at 7:30 AM, Son#1 elected to come home and get some sleep while baby was sleeping and let the doctors take care of his wife. So we have returned home for now, I know her mother will be there Thursday, so we will see how things pan out. I may get called into service as granny nanny tomorrow. I have 2 things left to get cooked and can take the ingredients with me if need to, and then finish loading up the camper. Bob is taking a half day off to get (man)things ready... I suppose he means tool box and stuff like that. I'm trying to get everything in bags and tubs to be carried out and if need be... I can load cabinets while he drives!
Old 04-22-2014, 11:26 PM   #14640

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Marty, you and Bob be careful, but HURRY! It's already fun here with just 2 RVMs. With a full contingent it should be a riot!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:26 AM   #14641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I've had that problem since I was 11-12. Not fun. PC wants me to go see a head Dr. Don't want nobody poking around in my head.

Not fun is right, but mostly boring. All that wasted time, when by rights I should be getting more beautiful every day. Doesn't seem to be happ'nin'.

So what do you do?
Old 04-23-2014, 06:40 AM   #14642

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Not fun is right, but mostly boring. All that wasted time, when by rights I should be getting more beautiful every day. Doesn't seem to be happ'nin'.

So what do you do?
Dust, mop, organize cabanets, sort pictures from last three cruises, learn a new song, read a book, write a note to a friend, pay bills, clear desk and check IRV2 for new post on the GC!

Ok I've had times that either I couldn't sleep or woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep so what of my great list did I do? I confess, check IRV2 and read the good book!

Drive safe, see you before you know it!
Old 04-23-2014, 06:53 AM   #14643

A couple of years ago, waking around 1 or 2 was almost nightly. I did a lot of artwork those nights. Some knitting, some reading, no dusting or cleaning cupboards, but mostly art. It was, in some ways, a very productive period. My blue period?
Old 04-23-2014, 06:59 AM   #14644

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Just got back from son #1... his wife still had not had that appendix removed.(Last heard, he kept moving her back for other more serious things, like someone bleeding to death on the operating table... which she promptly told him he should not have told her...) Since Baby awakes at 7:30 AM, Son#1 elected to come home and get some sleep while baby was sleeping and let the doctors take care of his wife. So we have returned home for now, I know her mother will be there Thursday, so we will see how things pan out. I may get called into service as granny nanny tomorrow. I have 2 things left to get cooked and can take the ingredients with me if need to, and then finish loading up the camper. Bob is taking a half day off to get (man)things ready... I suppose he means tool box and stuff like that. I'm trying to get everything in bags and tubs to be carried out and if need be... I can load cabinets while he drives!

Oh man, I'm so sorry! Has her surgery been done by now? You stay as long as you need to (as if you needed my permission!) and we will see you when we see you.

I'm so looking forward to meeting you. Be safe!

Cheers!
Sue