Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #1485

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Flagship I agree, gettin too hot here which is why we are heading to Denver this weekend. You a d Annie come join us!
RVM31
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #1486

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb
Flagship I agree, gettin too hot here which is why we are heading to Denver this weekend. You a d Annie come join us!
RVM31
That would be grand! Unfortunately I put Annie on a plane Friday and she won't be home until 7/17 -- she and lots of family were going to be at Grandmas 100th bday on the 3rd. Alas, the old girl passed away at 99 11/12ths. They all kept their plans and are having a celebration of life on the 3rd.

If I were to make the trip with you - I fear it would be my last. Best of luck to the young-uns in their sporting events. Post up a pic or two of that cool Rocky Mountain weather.

Safe journeys!
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #1487

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well fellow mutants it appear there are only 38 folks on these interwebs that have an RV that doesn't have a few (or more) things that they don't miss and are willing to admit it. Or perhaps letting the journey be the destination is holding them back.

So folks tell us what your RV doesn't have and you don't miss and prove me wrong. Take up the challenge of the mutant and be RVM39.

Let the journey be your destination!
RVM2
Old 06-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #1488

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oh I forgot you told us Annie was visiting family. Im so sorry to hear about grandma passing but glad for Annie she was there. We will sure post pics of the beautiful Rockies and if everyone will indulge a set of proud grand-parents we will add some pics of our twins. Last year they made it to qtr. finals before being eliminated. Hopefully this year will be more successful. Go Texas Elite!!!
RVM31
Old 06-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #1489

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks RVM31 - wasn't sure if I mentioned it - but I appreciate the kind words. Believe me, it's just nearing hot enough to take you seriously on getting outta town to the high country.

Again, hope the twins do well and look forward to the pics.
RVM2
Old 06-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #1490

Then you can add to your "I don't need it, I don't miss it" list ... Summering in N TX.

By the way, I just did some brain sweeping a moment ago and found something else I don't have, don't need, and don't miss ... A FAX machine in the bus. Any reminder of working for a living would start my day in a funk. Possibly that's why I stubbornly refuse to get a "smart" phone, join Facebook, etc..

My lifestyle is working out rather well so far. Bounty hunters still can't find me.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #1491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Then you can add to your "I don't need it, I don't miss it" list ... Summering in N TX.

By the way, I just did some brain sweeping a moment ago and found something else I don't have, don't need, and don't miss ... A FAX machine in the bus. Any reminder of working for a living would start my day in a funk. Possibly that's why I stubbornly refuse to get a "smart" phone, join Facebook, etc..

My lifestyle is working out rather well so far. Bounty hunters still can't find me.
Dont need no stinking printer nor fax. That is what Staples and a thumb drive are for. I need something printed maybe once a year. Fax, never.

I have a scanner. Over 20K fam pics scanned and shared so far. Dont need no stinking photo albums.

iPhone is the technology that make this F/T life easier: banking, bill-pay, investments, campgroundreviews.com, KOA reservation while in transit, etc. It is also my primary gateway to iRV2; dont need no stinking WiFi.

Saw no rope lights in camp last night. Maybe the fate of a fading fad?

RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #1492

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven
RVM1
Perhaps the pinkish glow from the bugs on Freds' front end cap was light enough?
Old 06-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #1493

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Perhaps the pinkish glow from the bugs on Freds' front end cap was light enough?
Captain Forehead can light up the night just by going outside.

During the day, folks shade their eyes, squint and ask "what is that bright light?"

Well, it aint no stinking rope light!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #1494

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post

RVM1
Ooooo ... I smell opportunity here ... selling rope lights in a virgin territory.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #1495

Be creative, be the first rig in camp with ribbon candy rope lighting. Just think of all the compliments, and envy.
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #1496

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I hope Rope lights mutate away from camp. As last year there were Rope lights that were so dam bright at the campsite next door, that I wanted to cut the cord. I restrained myself, didn't do damage, but was really glad they were on back side of our camper and not the door side. These were WHITE! And I did not like them. So if this is a passing fad, let it pass. On the other hand, I have yard art that is much kinder to the eyes. Now I did used to have spinners of all varieties, but then everyone started copying me, so I have just a few select ones left. But the solar LED stakes are now my choice for yard decor. I like the flowers. And my collection is constantly mutating.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #1497

Post pics of yard art .... gotta see pics.

When we arrived at a Corps park last winter we thought there was some special event going on. Turned out to be four rigs (traveling friends likely) parked together that had cornered the world market on exterior rope lights.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #1498

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well my rope light phobic mutants - you may be getting your wish. I only have 36' of my rope lights and went out to Mardi Gra outlet to order a few more strands and they have been discontinued. You may recall I bought them several years ago for a party, but have repurposed them to the Bounder. The add is still there and they looked like this....

Name:   image-1725266765.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  29.4 KB
Will be shopping the net for a new source.

As you can see, they are not bright white, offensive lights. And least I don't think so, but I'm a Mardi Gras fan.
RVM2