Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2014, 05:03 PM   #18369

Vintage RV Owners Club
glad you had a good time , Les, sorry about the hydro heater.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #18370
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
glad you had a good time , Les, sorry about the hydro heater.
Aside from that, it went great!

My wife tells me to fix the Hydro Hot and I'm not allowed to sell it.

Jury is still out.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:43 PM   #18371

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Evening Muteys!

Well Barb and I are hold up in a motel room with our fur children till Thursday when we get our Jenny back from the Cummins Hospital. After going toe to toe with Good SAMs about their refusal to cover my repairs, I'm reluctantly stuck with a pretty sizable bill leaving me wondering if extended warranties are what I thought they were good for. To make matters worse, when I cranked up the generator for the first time after having CW service it last Saturday, it ran 30 seconds and shut down. Error msg. said low oil pressure so I check and what?....no oil??? It's blown out on the ground under the Genset...gggrrrrrrr. Now I'm ready to whip somebody! CW and I will be having a not so nice conversation on Thurs. after I make a large donation to the Cummins Hospital. Soooo, words of warning.... Stay away from CW in Denton Tx!
Old 07-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #18372

Lovely, Les. Makes me quite green-eyed! What a beautiful setting to be sharing with family and a friend. Memories all 'round!

Cheers!
Sue

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 07-01-2014, 05:50 PM   #18373

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Evening Muteys!

Well Barb and I are hold up in a motel room with our fur children till Thursday when we get our Jenny back from the Cummins Hospital. After going toe to toe with Good SAMs about their refusal to cover my repairs, I'm reluctantly stuck with a pretty sizable bill leaving me wondering if extended warranties are what I thought they were good for. To make matters worse, when I cranked up the generator for the first time after having CW service it last Saturday, it ran 30 seconds and shut down. Error msg. said low oil pressure so I check and what?....no oil??? It's blown out on the ground under the Genset...gggrrrrrrr. Now I'm ready to whip somebody! CW and I will be having a not so nice conversation on Thurs. after I make a large donation to the Cummins Hospital. Soooo, words of warning.... Stay away from CW in Denton Tx!

Oh man! I would not want to get in your way on Thursday!

Best of luck with that fight. I'm really sorry this shadow had to fall on your rainbow. We get these rigs so we can enjoy them, enjoy the journey, and enjoy our new experiences. This is one set of experiences we don't bargain for.

Steering clear of CW in Denton ... and maybe elsewhere too, as much as possible.

All the best,
Sue

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 07-01-2014, 06:00 PM   #18374

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Here are a few pics of our trip to Mable Lake, BC. It's about an hour north of where we live in BC. That's Me, my wife Bonnie (yes I have a wife) daughter Morgan with her young boy she likes (he slept in a tent outside) Bella our Miniature Dachshund and Mort our rubber Chicken with his girlfriend Marg.
It rained good for a few minutes each of the first few days. But sunny and stinkin hot the rest of the time.
The Beavers maiden voyage was good with the exception of my Hydro hot system. Not enough hot water! Something else to fix that I'm sure will be in the 4 figures like anything else! Bah!!!
Attachment 66610 Attachment 66611 Attachment 66612 Attachment 66613 Attachment 66614 Attachment 66615 Attachment 66616 Attachment 66617 Attachment 66619

Les, Bonnie, Morgan and 4 Legger - Bella
2001 Beaver Patriot 40' Monticello CAT 330hp
ReadyBrake/Ready Brute Elite
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4

Why Les.... You are just a young thing..... No wonder you are still working..... Enjoyed the pics... Tell Bonnie hello.....

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #18375

Quote:
Evening Muteys!

Oh Herb and Barb..... Not good.... I wonder if CW does anyone right..... Or actually Cummins has been on our NOT list lately.... Just got ours back from an independent that fixed what Cummins said wasnt wrong.... The stoopid rad overheating....

Oohms for Jenny......

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #18376

Sheesh!
Les and Herb, if I could send ohms that would heal MHs, I surely would. Hope you both come out the other end of the pipe clean and not broke, aye?

I mean, SHEESH!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:37 PM   #18377

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Great pics, Les!! Beautiful spot and beautiful family. Sorry about your Hydro-hot system problem.
X 2 and Here Here 👍👍
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:42 PM   #18378

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
And now for something completely different.
http://youtu.be/CJIUNNssSVg
Old 07-01-2014, 06:51 PM   #18379

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Steve, take the first [/ out of the url. it is the ending that requires it.

Just saying 'cause it's you.
I was working on it Wayne.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #18380
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Aside from that, it went great!

My wife tells me to fix the Hydro Hot and I'm not allowed to sell it.

Jury is still out.
Hey Les, tell her it's not red enough. Worked on the last MH, right?

Quote:
Evening Muteys!

So sorry to hear of the problem. BTW, what is the problem? Where they able to analyze it and come up with a solution for repair?

I do feel your pain. Been there many a time with Citrus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I was working on it Wayne.
What are you talking about. Oh! Darn! You quoted me. I can't hide.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:00 PM   #18381
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Why Les.... You are just a young thing..... No wonder you are still working..... Enjoyed the pics... Tell Bonnie hello.....

Yup. Still wet behind the ears LOL!

I live vicariously through you folks and your adventures!

Les, Bonnie, Morgan and 4 Legger - Bella
2001 Beaver Patriot 40' Monticello CAT 330hp
ReadyBrake/Ready Brute Elite
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:31 PM   #18382

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Hey Les, tell her it's not red enough. Worked on the last MH, right?

So sorry to hear of the problem. BTW, what is the problem? Where they able to analyze it and come up with a solution for repair?

I do feel your pain. Been there many a time with Citrus.

What are you talking about. Oh! Darn! You quoted me. I can't hide.

Wayne apparently the water pump went out the thermostat fried and an electronic heat sensor went bad and that effected something with the emissions system that is also being replaced. The water pump was covered but applies to my deductible and the rest is not covered at all. I didn't realize nothing with emissions is covered and that was the most expensive part to fix. Oh well. Hopefully we can still leave by Friday.