Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2014, 06:19 PM   #19069

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
p.s., don't we have 4 Canadians in the group?

Slickest1, Dennis, defend yourself.
Yep. Dennis is definitely from somewhere north of Albuquerque and a right turn from there....
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #19070

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't believe that RVM's distinguish nationality as a basis for discrimination.
Therefore all Canucks are A-OK, with me. Yup its true, I don't care, anyway.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:25 PM   #19071

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
I don't believe that RVM's distinguish nationality as a basis for discrimination.
Therefore all Canucks are A-OK, with me. Yup its true, I don't care, anyway.

Hear-hear!
RVMs are only that.
Dont we have one from Down Under? No New Zealand!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:26 PM   #19072

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
hey lets not forget that timarti is the only Canadian in the family that isn't full-o-bull! Just sayin [whistling]
Good thing, since I'm female!
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:35 PM   #19073

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Good thing, since I'm female!

My point exactly!
Old 07-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #19074

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
When you and Herb are together, and you both turn sideways, who's on first?

Okay Grand Poohbah let's not go there. LOL
Old 07-15-2014, 08:05 PM   #19075

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
For the record, as best as I can recall, we have 5 RVMs who hail from the provinces. Y'all forgot Leslie, AKA Enokie. We haven't heard from her in quite a while.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #19076

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
For the record, as best as I can recall, we have 5 RVMs who hail from the provinces. Y'all forgot Leslie, AKA Enokie. We haven't heard from her in quite a while.
We'll look who Sena woke up! Ha Barb, haven't seen you posting much, hope it's because your busy having fun.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #19077

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:

Wow our Canuck branch of the family keeps growing. Shows how much I don't pay attention to nationalities. All I see is a mutant family.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #19078

Fleetwood Owners Club
Strange thing happened to me this morning. I woke early, had coffee watched the weather and started getting dressed to do some chores outside. I kept hearing this mumble. I checked on Mary, she hadn't said anything. Anyway it was long pants and cowboy boot weather, in the mid 60's, almost a chile. Yet I could hear this sound. Stepped outside and back in to get tractor keys and again the sound, this time I could make it out. Come get me, Take me with you, Lets go hunting!

Yep, looking into the gun closet there it set. 12 gauge squirrel gun felt the chill and thought it was game on!

Not today big boy, but soon.
Jeff, you ever have that happen?
Old 07-15-2014, 08:48 PM   #19079

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
We'll look who Sena woke up! Ha Barb, haven't seen you posting much, hope it's because your busy having fun.
Hmm, well, uh yeah, I like to dig in the dirt so for me it's been pleasurable, but I'm not sure weeding flowerbeds is most people's idea of fun.

We are getting Arlene and Don's house ready for Don to come home in 2 weeks. He went into the hospital 6 months ago with a rare form of Guillen-Barre syndrome, nearly died and has been battling his way back from total paralysis ever since. He's made a lot of headway, but he still has a long way to go.

His disease destroys the insulation around the nerve cells. Luckily, it can regrow, but it takes a lot of time and hard work. And it's a painful process. Don's mind is intact, but he has very limited use of a few muscles and they are all very weak from disuse. Most people recover at least 90% function and Don is very determined to get his life back.

I have promised to help with his care. So you'll either hear from me a lot, meaning I'm babysitting him, OR ... You won't hear from me hardly at all because he has me helping with his therapy several hours each day. Only time will tell.

I owe them a huge debt of gratitude. They have hosted us for the 3 summers and we stayed here last winter. Arlene helped me thru neurosurgery in November and double total knee replacement in February. I'm honored to be able to return the favor. AND, as the only member on his team neither married to him, or on his payroll, he won't be able to bully me. I'm looking forward to being a pain in his derričre and reminding him that his life was saved for a reason.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:59 PM   #19080
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I try to avoid all the "mods and upgrades" threads. Those are dangerous.
Mods and Upgrades???

I'm still fixin what I bought that needs fixin!!!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:01 PM   #19081
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
hey lets not forget that timarti is the only Canadian in the family that isn't full-o-bull! Just sayin [whistling]
I probably resemble that remark?
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:35 PM   #19082

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hmm, well, uh yeah, I like to dig in the dirt so for me it's been pleasurable, but I'm not sure weeding flowerbeds is most people's idea of fun.

We are getting Arlene and Don's house ready for Don to come home in 2 weeks. He went into the hospital 6 months ago with a rare form of Guillen-Barre syndrome, nearly died and has been battling his way back from total paralysis ever since. He's made a lot of headway, but he still has a long way to go.

His disease destroys the insulation around the nerve cells. Luckily, it can regrow, but it takes a lot of time and hard work. And it's a painful process. Don's mind is intact, but he has very limited use of a few muscles and they are all very weak from disuse. Most people recover at least 90% function and Don is very determined to get his life back.

I have promised to help with his care. So you'll either hear from me a lot, meaning I'm babysitting him, OR ... You won't hear from me hardly at all because he has me helping with his therapy several hours each day. Only time will tell.

I owe them a huge debt of gratitude. They have hosted us for the 3 summers and we stayed here last winter. Arlene helped me thru neurosurgery in November and double total knee replacement in February. I'm honored to be able to return the favor. AND, as the only member on his team neither married to him, or on his payroll, he won't be able to bully me. I'm looking forward to being a pain in his derričre and reminding him that his life was saved for a reason.
Happy to hear he is getting close to getting home! Just go easy on him... when he is tired... he will be actually totally spent... so don't push to much... he will be pushing himself hard enough... anything and everything he does will be 'therapy' so to speak... brushing his teeth, to eating his food, to just getting in and out of bed when able.