Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2014, 03:00 PM   #20161

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
And just so there is no missing us here we are dressed up!
I'm going to have to call BULL on that one!
flangley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #20162

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Diane:

We have had a couple of bouts with doggies that swallowed things. The first time we thought we knew what the doggie had swallowed - a feminine hygiene product! The vet couldn't find it on x-ray, but the poor doggie was throwing up nasty stuff, and not keeping anything down. Being young and poor at the time, we couldn't pay the $2K down payment for surgery. We took doggie home and gave it hairball medicine. Hairball medicine is greasy and thick, and the obstruction passed right on through slick as a whistle. $1997 dollars saved!

Round two was more recent. Our poor little dachshund went through several episodes where she would throw up and then be fine. This went on for several weeks. We couldn't find anything wrong. Then, at 11:00pm on a Friday, doggie started throwing up blood, and was having troubles at the other end, too. We rushed to the veterinary emergency room, and they took x-rays and did blood work. They couldn't identify the source of the problem, so they gave her fluids, antibiotics and stomach medicine, said she might have pancreatitis and sent us home. Monday at our regular doc - more x-rays, said it might be pancreatitis and sent us home with more meds. Doggie never got better, still throwing up, and now our 12 pound dog weighed 7 1/2 pounds. We tried the hairball remedy, but nothing helped. I was feeding her strained baby food meats, yogurt and pumpkin through a syringe, but she kept getting sicker.

I called the vet - I was afraid she was going to die. We took her back in, and they did a barium swallow - nothing on the x-rays again! They said "Well, we need to do exploratory surgery since we don't know what's going on and she's going downhill fast." OK, we said, being less poor and much older, and they proceeded. We got a call about three hours later, and they asked if we were missing part of a Teva sandal. "Well, one got chewed up about three months ago," we said. They said, "Well, we have one of the pieces - the one that says "Teva" on a plastic tab."

That was an expensive pair of sandals - $3000 for the vet care and $90 for the sandals.

I hope your doggie feels better soon. If not, hairball medicine is my go-to drug of choice. It costs less than surgery!
I had a friend of mine that had a dog that ate his hearing aid he sat on the end table.
flangley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #20163

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Let's just say that Adrian Monk is way over the top compared to me, as I will mispell on occasion on purpose, but mostly for cultural or phonetic effects.

I tolerate those that dont line thinks up according to size and other such things, but mostly like orderliness. But not always. Go figure.
Symetry in flowers and other presentations must be just so. 😙

Is there a reverse OCD? I cannot stand for things to be lined up.... And much prefer asymmetrical.... Consider my style eclectic.... Lol....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #20164

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Well my STM friends...MRI results are in and it ain't all bad. I have a compression fracture of L2. It is fairly "clean" in that nothing is fragmented into the area of the spinal cord. The MRI showed it was clearly a new fracture. According to the doctor I really fell hard to do that. NO KIDDING! LOL

So...by Monday I will be fitted with a back brace I will probably have to wear it 3-4 weeks. Sandee is getting OJT on setting up and tearing down stuff since I am restricted from lifting anything heavier than a gallon of milk.

So...no surgery.

Timing is everything so we will be here through Labor Day and then a few weeks in Monticello, IN. That will give time for the back brace to help me heal correctly and also for return visits to monitor the progress.

Sue...we will certainly be able to establish an unbreakable record for the most mini-Cs by the same mutants. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #20165

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Is there a reverse OCD? I cannot stand for things to be lined up.... And much prefer asymmetrical.... Consider my style eclectic.... Lol....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
I am more a picnicker that a nitpicker, but I've been both at times. I may have even nitpicked a picnic before.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:59 PM   #20166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post

Must admit my pics are asymetrical. I must be a cross breed.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #20167

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don - good news with the back and great news that Sandee will now be doing the electric / water / sewer.... can't beat that!

Now as for the record of mini-c ' s by 2 mutants, I was thinking we will give that a run for the money in the RGV... but we'll see what happens.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:30 PM   #20168

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
You know I completely forgot about that first thunderstorm that blew throuh and cleared the tables that first night. I thought it was the Universe setting itself back to normal from having so many mutants in one place.

Whenever and wherever I'm sure the mutants will make it do ! CL was nice.
Tim - time to up your vitamin D intake and get more sun... if you can't remember the First Ever RV Mutant Wine, Cheese, Torrential Rain and Gale Force Winds mutation... your name can't be far behind. 😁
Old 08-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #20169

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Amazon delivered today....
The Mutant guide to creepy crawlers I can't identify.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1407539415264.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	70253  
Old 08-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #20170

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post

So...no surgery.

Timing is everything so we will be here through Labor Day and then a few weeks in Monticello, IN. That will give time for the back brace to help me heal correctly and also for return visits to monitor the progress.

Sue...we will certainly be able to establish an unbreakable record for the most mini-Cs by the same mutants. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Don great news on the back.. no surgery...

Monticello is getting pretty close to the our house.... give a shout we can add another mini C.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:56 PM   #20171

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Don that's great news bout no surgery. Do you think Sandee would give Barb a few lessons cause she refuses to allow me to teach her. I'm sure it's a gender thing don't ya think?
Old 08-08-2014, 05:58 PM   #20172

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Let's just say that Adrian Monk is way over the top compared to me, as I will mispell on occasion on purpose, but mostly for cultural or phonetic effects.

I tolerate those that dont line thinks up according to size and other such things, but mostly like orderliness. But not always. Go figure.
Symetry in flowers and other presentations must be just so. 😙

Sorry...Adrian Monk? Forgive my ignorance.

Mother liked symmetry, I prefer things to be asymmetrical but balanced. Used to drive her nuts.

I like orderliness, too; I'm just not capable of either producing or maintaining it. Remember Pigpen in the Charlie Brown comic strip? I think we're related. :(

Cheers!
Sue
Old 08-08-2014, 06:02 PM   #20173

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Sorry...Adrian Monk? Forgive my ignorance.

Mother liked symmetry, I prefer things to be asymmetrical but balanced. Used to drive her nuts.

I like orderliness, too; I'm just not capable of either producing or maintaining it. Remember Pigpen in the Charlie Brown comic strip? I think we're related. :(

Cheers!
Sue
Adrian Monk... it's a jungle out there.....
Old 08-08-2014, 06:03 PM   #20174

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Adrian Monk... it's a jungle out there.....
It's a blessing and a curse
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1407542589804.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	70254