Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #21827

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath.Padget View Post
Dear Steve and Dave,

I have to say that both of you were right and you convinced me! Alyssa and I are definitely RV Mutants and happy to be part of this group. Even though we are a younger generation RVer we love everything you guys are about and can't wait to get to know all of you better.

For those of you who we haven't met- my wife, Alyssa, and I (Heath) are full-time 23 year old RVers traveling across America in our 1994 Coachmen class C RV. We are being sponsored to film a documentary on hourly workers and for seven months I'm working a different hourly wage job in all 50 states. Our mission is to change the way people view hourly workers by sharing some of those stories with the world. We also write for Camping World, Good Sam, and DoItYourselfRV (helps pay the bills).

We've jumped headfirst into the RV lifestyle, although I have to say it's been more of a backwards dive considering how many times I've done something really dumb (i.e flood the RV, take screws out of something I wasn't supposed to, drive off with the awning still out, etc.). However, we've loved every second of traveling across America and have met some of the most wonderful people of our life in doing so.

The next four months of our trip will be spent making our way up from Texas to the east coast and all the way down to Florida. Would love to hear of any RV mutants we might meet along the journey!

Best wishes and happy RVing!

Heath and Alyssa Padgett
heathpadgett.com
alyssapadgett.com

Heath AND Alyssa,

Btw, you can BOTH post here... You share the number... Many of us who talkalot are females, most are the males..... Some of our partners lurk and dont post, some do, mine lurks and occasionally posts.... But he reads everything, so "I love you, Larry"

As a retired jr high teacher who taught Career Orientation, i totally love your mission.. I tried my best to help kids figure that out.. my own two sons included... When this documentary is completed i will help you get it introduced into all Arkansas schools for sure.... Still have strong ties, cause I also worked at state dept of workforce ed....

And yes when your BOOKS make the NYT list, i will buy a hardcopy......
Again welcome to our mutant rainbow......

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #21828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Yeah! Really?

Dear dear Wayne.
I do not like numbers, but can do them if I have to.
I do not take the time to proof my posts, and have autocorrect turned off, so it will leave me alone.
But I do still keep lots of written notebooks, to include a roll book of mutants names and numbers.... Lol. Yes i really do.

Are ya gonna try to make Rockport, WHEN they come up with a date? 🚍 we are gonna hit Galveston too, prolly for a week....
How is Mall of America? Guess Earlene's foot is lots better?

Xoxoxo.... 😘

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Old 09-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #21829

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Well it seems all plans are subject to change. We will be heading south this fall after all. Don and Arlene have plenty of much more qualified help to care for him now. Lily's constant barking and Sena's slapping the windows wanting into Don's room and her delightful little poop presents on the deck are more than Mr OCD is comfortable with long term.

So we are at my daughter's in Seattle for a week or two and then we'll toddle our way south and east. I'm thinking of doing a week in Rockport, TX in November, but there's a bunch of miles of things to see and do between here and there.

So all you STM's look out for Sena, Lily and I to be riding the rainbow really soon. Final winter destination? Probably Florida.
Barb, your dedicated service to Don and Arlene as a caregiver and friend is a highlight for our endless Journey on this mutant thread. Few people can claim to have a friend as devoted and committed as you. I am sure that Don's strength will return and he will become aware of the unselfish help that you have provided. No amount of money can pay for such a loving friend. No amount of money can replace the piece of mind that you gave Don and Arlene during their time of need. Well done mutant! ! !
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:33 PM   #21830

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Barb, your dedicated service to Don and Arlene as a caregiver and friend is a highlight for our endless Journey on this mutant thread. Few people can claim to have a friend as devoted and committed as you. I am sure that Don's strength will return and he will become aware of the unselfish help that you have provided. No amount of money can pay for such a loving friend. No amount of money can replace the piece of mind that you gave Don and Arlene during their time of need. Well done mutant! ! !
X 3.14
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #21831

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
SNIP
Are ya gonna try to make Rockport, WHEN they come up with a date? 🚍 we are gonna hit Galveston too, prolly for a week....

Xoxoxo.... 😘

When I talked to Wayne last night - I gave him my dates and I know Earlene was righting them down...

Drifters - 11/14 - 11/21
Lagoons 11/21 - 12/1
RGV - 12/1 - 4/1 (possibly before)

Seems someone I Know is going to leave the RGV in mid Feb and go west. We are going north in Spring and not sure exact date to move... thinking of going East through La then north to Illinois.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:17 PM   #21832
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Rockport - HERE WE COME

Booked for 11/14-20. (Depart 21 for San Antonio) I told Patsy that so many liked me that once they heard we were going to be there she would get a lot of calls. CALL NOW - they are open.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:27 PM   #21833

Monaco Owners Club
Evening, Mutant People. Mary and I nearly strayed off the mutant reservation today. We went to the dealer to have our microwave replaced, and bought a Zappy ProFlex 3 to zip around on. That's fine, and will be a lot of fun, but while zipping around the dealer lot we found a beautiful 45' tag axle MH in our dream colors. There was love at first sight. We boarded said beauty and drooled and slobbered and opened every nook and cranny. It really was quite messy. After inspecting every inch inside and out, we declared it perfect. It has everything we thought we wanted and a whole lot more. Bath and a half, huge closets, aquahot, fire place, an entertainment system to die for, washer and dryer, dishwasher, etc.

I then took a look at our checkbook, and sadly came home without her. The motor home, I mean. Mary, I brought home. We decided to love what we've got - an entry level fairly short gasser, and enjoy her like crazy. We'd hate to have to give up our mutantcy.

We have had an awesome summer, and we are about to cap it off with 11 days in Myrtle Beach. See ya at the rally!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:41 PM   #21834

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
When I talked to Wayne last night - I gave him my dates and I know Earlene was righting them down...

Drifters - 11/14 - 11/21
Lagoons 11/21 - 12/1
RGV - 12/1 - 4/1 (possibly before)

Seems someone I Know is going to leave the RGV in mid Feb and go west. We are going north in Spring and not sure exact date to move... thinking of going East through La then north to Illinois.
It sucks everywhere else in march except for the gulf coast! Actually, California is great that time of year. Too bad we are heading East. I'll see you in March, maybe sooner.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:43 PM   #21835
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Liz and Mary,
Our children have named our MH "SKImobile." "Speinding Kids Inheritance," so remember that you cannot take it with you so spend it while you have it - to heck with everything else.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:46 PM   #21836
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Dear dear Wayne.
I do not like numbers, but can do them if I have to.
I do not take the time to proof my posts, and have autocorrect turned off, so it will leave me alone.
But I do still keep lots of written notebooks, to include a roll book of mutants names and numbers.... Lol. Yes i really do.

How is Mall of America? Guess Earlene's foot is lots better?

Xoxoxo.... 😘

Okay! This is a math test for Di ONLY - no one else needs to answer.

Di, I'm sure you have noticed that when birds, ducks, geese fly South for the Winter they fly in a formation. Typically a "V" formation and one line is always longer than the other. There is a mathematical reason for one line being longer than the other. Please tell me what the reason is?

Just testing your math prowess.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:56 PM   #21837

Quote:
Okay! This is a math test for Di ONLY - no one else needs to answer.

Di, I'm sure you have noticed that when birds, ducks, geese fly South for the Winter they fly in a formation. Typically a "V" formation and one line is always longer than the other. There is a mathematical reason for one line being longer than the other. Please tell me what the reason is?

Just testing your math prowess.

Because there are more geese on that side.........

Btw... Didja know that the v formation on geese is called a skein....

Old 09-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #21838

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Another beautiful night on the rainbow!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1410048257200.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	73190   Click image for larger version

Name:	1410048283238.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	73191  

Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:27 PM   #21839

Vintage RV Owners Club
Elizabeth,
Getting a new Rig is not unmutant like.... Just ask our Canadian Neighbor who flips rigs almost as fast as he buys them! ( to be fair, he has had the Beaver now for a few months...)
Old 09-06-2014, 06:51 PM   #21840

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
It's the Polaris Office 5 on the Galaxy S5... I keep grabbing the wrong file...

That and relying on my near prehistoric memory. Perhaps a Supervisory Keeper of the RVM Roster position should placed placed on the snagamutant* employment list...

* snagamutant employment, not affiliated with snag a job snaggletooth or snagahag dating service. Batteries sold separately. Use at own risk.
LOL - fell outta my chair!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
RVM87 DieselTech MN
YEAH! He can't be state-less!!
Quote:
Liz and Mary,
Our children have named our MH "SKImobile." "Speinding Kids Inheritance," so remember that you cannot take it with you so spend it while you have it - to heck with everything else.

That is awesome!!