Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2014, 07:59 AM   #23675

Fleetwood Owners Club
Herb, the address I sent you in the PM was my e-mail address. I'm like you, if we can set a date and be flexible a day our two either side of it till we nail down reservations everything else should fall in place. Last year we had 22 coaches, this year I'm guessing 25-30, that should be enough to get them to listen. If your going to call them back go for it, I have confidence you will make 90% of the mutants happy! Lol

You know you will never make them all! Lol
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2014, 08:21 AM   #23676

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Mel

Both coaches look nice, but one thing you need to remember is that it has to appeal to only you and Kate. Now for my observation and humble opinion.

Marcia and I like slides we have two and would consider more slides before less. Secondly as far as the booth versus table and chairs, we like the table and chairs more, we don't need sleeping for guests so much. The W/D is a great option we got lucky when we got our coach and we would hate to be without it now, yes its a combo yes it takes a bit longer to operate, but who cares we are retired and can take as much or as little time as we want. Cat vs Cummins I like Cats but either one is a 500K + engine if you maintain them properly.

Just remember take lots of pics for Kate and when you find the right one you will know it.

Cheers !!!!!

I agree with Herb.... This is why I backed down to quote here.... Woukd YOU and KATE prefer a booth or table? I hated the booths, so that was important to me. When traveling it becomes my desk as well as art studio... No booth.... We even got rid of sleeper sofa... If we take guests, the grands, they can sleep on recliners or floor.

Think hard on booth vs table, of course that can be changed... But thats ifn you get a round tuit...

Diane TOFTSFM.... #64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant)
and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:42 AM   #23677

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mel
Just to state the other side as we prefer the booth. Had table and chairs in our 5er that was nice but had to be strapped down to travel. Booth in our Discovery has storage drawers under seats and seatbelts for when grand kids ride with us allowing them to play at table.

As you might guess I'm partial to the Discovery, some inexpensive upgrades to the interior can be as easy as throw rugs over carpet and new bedspread.

Back to table, we eat a lot of meals on our laps our outside but do use booth a lot, just not every meal.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:49 AM   #23678

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Give me the dates again...
April 27 - May 3, 2015 I believe is the one they are referencing to.

RV-Dreams Rally Information
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:58 AM   #23679

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
For us, the late April through early May dates are either good or bad...no in between. LOL

It really depends on whether we decide to run east out of TX to the east coast to see family or not. If we run east then we will be somewhere in FL, GA or SC during that time. If we don't run that way...then we can adapt to those dates easily. We would probably consider retracing the footprints of the TX contingent to the FEGC is some fashion.

Then again...given our success in long term planning and making them work...
Old 10-06-2014, 09:03 AM   #23680

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mel,

Bells and whistles are great until they stop ringing and whistling. On a 15+ year old coach finding parts might be a challenge. For me, the less there is the less that can go wrong. Ask Wayne about Citrus.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:18 AM   #23681

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
As we go along, there need to be gatherings is the NW, the SE, and the NE. So....where next? Like next Fall?
IMHO, the next gathering after CL should be in the NW, and clockwise from there. I also agree that we need regional RVMs to head up the research. Perhaps some organized brain farting at CL?
All that said, I'm throwing this hat in the ring for STM consideration. Please look it over real careful like, eh? I did not find this place. Steve did. And I like it. So there!
McCall RV Resort | Grapevine 7
That has some potential if we ever are able to stick to a longer range plan. LOL I would suggest that the "regional hosts" put together some information including best routes in and out of that area and routes to avoid for larger rigs. It would also be a good idea for us easterners/flat landers to get an idea on weather in that area during the later part of the season. They say the summer rates extend until October 31st but regardless of what they call summer, what is the latest we want to be there and avoid potentially nasty stuff that could cause travel issues?

I suppose the question is, can the G7 can accommodate a large-ish group during any proposed dates? I'm interested in something along the lines of late August or even early September if conditions are favorable. Don't mind chilly temps but don't want cold/rainy/snow. I would also be looking to start a southward trek through Salt Lake City down to the Pheonix or Tucson area after it.

This will be our first trip into the mountainous NW areas so I don't mind admitting my limited knowledge of the region and weather patterns. Ya'll need to educate me at least.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:21 AM   #23682

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ed,

I looked at the Dreamers Rally info and tho it wouldn't be as organized, you could probably get all the same info from your fellow Mutants and save the $295 rally fee.

The first GC was such a marvelous experience and I can't wait for Rockport to meet up with this bunch of ... Uh, well we're Mutants. No other adjectives are needed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #23683
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Mel
Just to state the other side as we prefer the booth. Had table and chairs in our 5er that was nice but had to be strapped down to travel. Booth in our Discovery has storage drawers under seats and seatbelts for when grand kids ride with us allowing them to play at table.

As you might guess I'm partial to the Discovery, some inexpensive upgrades to the interior can be as easy as throw rugs over carpet and new bedspread.

Back to table, we eat a lot of meals on our laps our outside but do use booth a lot, just not every meal.
We prefer a booth, too. Had booths in our travel trailers and like them for several reasons; storage is one & grandchild sleeping space is another.

We really like the layout in the Discovery. No problem to replace floor covering or get rugs, buy new mattress or bedspread.

Not sure what "bells and whistles" you're referring to, Barb. ???

I think the Discovery in Haslett is over-priced.

Thanks everyone!

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:28 AM   #23684

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don,

I'm with you on NW weather concerns It snowed on me in Albuquerque in late October and in mid April in Colorado and Wyoming on my way to the first GC. It was tough in my little abode and scary to think about driving a rig like yours.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-06-2014, 09:33 AM   #23685

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Ed,

I looked at the Dreamers Rally info and tho it wouldn't be as organized, you could probably get all the same info from your fellow Mutants and save the $295 rally fee....
I think there is value in attending events specifically set up for this kind of education and I have personally learned from them. The ability to have a large groups of folks there specifically to learn new things can be better than fire side "hanger talk". For newbies I think they can be invaluable because they will be more programed to cover things that a newbie might not even know to ask about.

YMMV
Old 10-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #23686

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
We prefer a booth, too. Had booths in our travel trailers and like them for several reasons; storage is one & grandchild sleeping space is another.

We really like the layout in the Discovery. No problem to replace floor covering or get rugs, buy new mattress or bedspread.

Not sure what "bells and whistles" you're referring to, Barb. ???

I think the Discovery in Haslett is over-priced.

Thanks everyone!

Mel

Hey Mel the Discovery in Haslet is 15 min from our home base so ifin you get interested more I would be happy to run over and lay eyes on it for you and kick the tires so to speak. Can shoot a bunch of photos as well. Just lemme know.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #23687

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
That has some potential if we ever are able to stick to a longer range plan. LOL I would suggest that the "regional hosts" put together some information including best routes in and out of that area and routes to avoid for larger rigs. It would also be a good idea for us easterners/flat landers to get an idea on weather in that area during the later part of the season. They say the summer rates extend until October 31st but regardless of what they call summer, what is the latest we want to be there and avoid potentially nasty stuff that could cause travel issues?

I suppose the question is, can the G7 can accommodate a large-ish group during any proposed dates? I'm interested in something along the lines of late August or even early September if conditions are favorable. Don't mind chilly temps but don't want cold/rainy/snow. I would also be looking to start a southward trek through Salt Lake City down to the Pheonix or Tucson area after it.

This will be our first trip into the mountainous NW areas so I don't mind admitting my limited knowledge of the region and weather patterns. Ya'll need to educate me at least.
The weather will be perfect. Prove me wrong... go ahead... your ATC days are far more frequent than mine. Maybe some of the older - long time retired mutants can opine on the weather. They have even more experience with it. But I'll kick it off.

Sure could use some rain...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #23688

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
April 27 - May 3, 2015 I believe is the one they are referencing to.

RV-Dreams Rally Information
Thanks for the assist, at w**k today...not that I want to be.

If it was before or after we could do both as they are relatively close. The two and three week vacations from w**k are really nice until you have to go back.

Barb it would be a tough decision on which one to attend if they land on the same week. We defiantely put meeting up with mutants high on our list of travels next year. The Dreams Rally had some topics that interest us as we are in the planning stages for full time travel. Jackie asked the very same question this am as I left for w**k.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote