Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #2885

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Herb - I thought I smelled peppers and bacon. Lol. Hey did you get rain over there last night thru about 11 am or so? Was nice while it lasted but turned into a bit of a sauna a little later.

And can ya believe it - 47 RVMs and counting. At this rate we'll need a fair ground for an all mutant curiosity. Will step up my hunt for a RVM intern before too long.
We got a few drops but not enough to wet the ground. This morning was nice though.... a couple of rounds of light rain. Enjoyed morning coffee under the awning with nice comfortable temps.

I look forward to the day we can have an all mutant curiosity event and what an event that will be! I can smell it now.... A thick fog of bacon smoke over the campground so dense the fire department shows up with the ladder truck, sirens howling. But they don't mind the false alarm cause they are welcomed to breakfast! Ohhhh the thought of lazy days pondering together. Yes that will be THE RALLY to end all rally's!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2013, 09:49 PM   #2886

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hey huntnski have you guys had enough rain this year to have a pretty fall change of colors? Barb and I would luv to make a trip to Mena and stay at Queen Wilhomena if the colors are pretty this year. Last couple of years it was so dry there were no fall colors.

RVM31
Old 09-03-2013, 04:50 AM   #2887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon190 View Post
First, as a wanna be potential RV Mutant, I can't see myself reading all 115 pages of this thread on my iPhone, so I have to ask - what's the latest number available?

Some of my humble qualifications:
I've read about the list of "what I don't have I don't miss". What I have I'd miss and what I don't have - I don't. Check
I've read about the guitars and banjos. I collect them, still play, and always have one with me. BTW, the progression is I, IV, V! But I don't play the radio! Check
Learned about RV'n both the hard way and the iRV2 way. I prefer the iRV2 way! Check
I've been happy in my Class B, but I've been happier in my Class A! Check
My toad is a Wrangler. Is there any other? And I've pulled out more than once with the Jeep's emergency brake still on! Check
Etc. Check

So, how 'bout it? Do I qualify?
Falcon190, welcome to RVMdom!!!!
As RVM47, you came to this fine group not only fully qualified, but WRANGLERIZED!

RVMs have a variety of toys, from spinning wheels to kayaks to Wranglers. These toys are part of our personna and allow for an expanded variety of ponderances.

I am pondering how far and how wild we might get while off-road on the trails between Ouray, Lake City, Silverton, and Telluride Colorado this month.

An RVM Curiosity would be just that tad bit more complete if there was some off-road in the program, dont you think?

So, a big WELCOME and a Hi-Ho Wrangler to you!

Dave
RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:01 AM   #2888

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have some folding chairs. And a folding table. But no folding boat or Yak. I think I will have to rent a Yak, to try it out. Does one plan on getting soaked when paddling? Or can you expect to stay dry? I'm admit to ignorance. But it sure sounds like I would like to try this activity.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #2889

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Hey huntnski have you guys had enough rain this year to have a pretty fall change of colors? Barb and I would luv to make a trip to Mena and stay at Queen Wilhomena if the colors are pretty this year. Last couple of years it was so dry there were no fall colors.

RVM31
Compared to the last couple years we are looking good! Although we still are below average, it's only by 2 or 3 inches, and the nights are starting to cool down! It appears the best weather we have here is when I'm out of state!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:24 AM   #2890

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
We have some folding chairs. And a folding table. But no folding boat or Yak. I think I will have to rent a Yak, to try it out. Does one plan on getting soaked when paddling? Or can you expect to stay dry? I'm admit to ignorance. But it sure sounds like I would like to try this activity.
Dry is the goal, however an errant splash from a fellow paddler makes staying completely dry nearly impossible. If you are concerned about flipping over, then rest easy. Calm water kayakers seldom do the dunk and roll thing. That's for the frothy white water enthusiast/adventurer.

Like any other sport there are accoutrements. Gloves, hats, shoes, sunglass straps, floatation vests, padded seats, watertight storage bags, and of course double ended paddles. Its a long list for the well prepared, but for me ... I just go .... Some people show up so styled out in sport specific "stuff" that they need a pack animal to carry it all.

Job #1 is to get out on the water and enjoy quietly gliding along while taking in the scenery. Maybe coast while digging out the little camera for a unique photo op. I think some of my best photos were taken on quiet streams while slipping under shoreline tree branches. More than once we have been visited by a frog leaping into the kayak. They bask on the muddy bank and wake up to see danger, then leap ... plop ... a non-paying passenger is on board. Froggie not too smart, needs help getting back to the water.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #2891

Starting our adventure, leaving PA now on the way to Colorado. Having breakfast at Cracker Barrel.
Did you know they have bacon?
Yep! That and ......

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-464594458.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	580.9 KB
ID:	45333
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1255721791.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	513.5 KB
ID:	45334   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3858472247.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	471.4 KB
ID:	45335  

Old 09-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #2892

And

Name:	image-1740936940.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	522.5 KB
ID:	45336
Old 09-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #2893

Yee cats! Are those refrigerator magnets in the second photo?

There is a rule in our bus ... NO fridge magnets! At home it got out of control. Man was it tacky looking. I have a sister who is obsessed with fridge magnet collecting, and she got our entire collection. Now I think she is planning to buy a second fridge to hold the collection.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #2894

Name:	image-2680284823.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	423.5 KB
ID:	45337
Old 09-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #2895

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dave - journey safely young mutant. The next round of bacon is just around the bend. Keep us posted as you can.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #2896

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover
..... More than once we have been visited by a frog leaping into the kayak. They bask on the muddy bank and wake up to see danger, then leap ... plop ... a non-paying passenger is on board. Froggie not too smart, needs help getting back to the water.
A frog can be challenged at getting around - especially with "sword and pistol" by his side. Ah ha.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:56 AM   #2897

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Starting our adventure, leaving PA now on the way to Colorado. Having breakfast at Cracker Barrel.
Yep! That and ......
We are leaving Colorado heading Eastward tomorrow. I will wave if we see you pass by, oh, well, I wave at all RV's we pass. But most don't wave back. Our journey plans are to get to campground in Illinois by next Tuesday. Enjoy!
Cracker Barrel is one our favorite bacon stops.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #2898

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Yep! That and ......

Attachment 45333

Yep, GOOD.....BACON tooooooo.

Drive safe, eh?
thrushl is offline   Reply With Quote