Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2014, 01:55 PM   #29107

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I suppose I ought to introduce. I'm John, my wife is Diane, and we're fulltimers. Right now we're just south of Raleigh, but that will change in the spring.

So, here I've been, lurking around this thread for a while, trying to work my way through the reading of 29000 posts without falling asleep in my recliner with my finger pressing on some button on my iphone that makes it call some guy in Finland. RVMutants. Strange. They do have some interesting yakfests, but I'm still trying to figure out if these folks are the same kind of crazy as me.

All I'm thinking is that I might post a short Happy New Year wish, but I'm immersed in existential and philosophical concerns. Am I an RVM? If so, where did I start? What was my pre-mutated state? Can I make the grade? Do I have the stuff to grab that number 103 and join the ranks? If a mutant is truly a mutant, would he really proffer Happy New Year wishes to others? Or would he go full contrarian, withhold the wishes, insist on acceptance and yet remain the cynical curmudgeon he has become. This is stressful stuff indeed.

Or is my MH the mutant? That would make me perfectly nor. nor. nor. normal. I think it's the MH, really. It's a simple, basic 13 y/o Dutch Star that we've lived in for almost three years now-- the slightly older generation, that looks like an apartment inside rather than a Dubai hotel lobby. (I have stayed in Dubai hotels. I know.) I have some switches that work but I've never used, and some switches I've tried to use but that are apparently not connected to anything. There's a really short list of mods and fixes that I've completed, and a really really long list of mods I talk about sometimes but never seem to get around to. And I have ground loops and wire weirdness in my coach. My kitchen slide won't operate if the bathroom florescent light is on, and my propane furnace won't shut off of the bathroom incandescent light is on. Go figure.

But in the end, I have to jump in. I AM an RVM! The mirror tells me so. We've been roaming for three years and haven't yet arrived, so we must have arrived without realizing it. Our journey IS our destination!

I AM number 103! Oh, the humanity!

Happy New Year!
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2014, 02:13 PM   #29108

Tiffin Owners Club
I can informally welcome you, and it seems like you have the right stuff to me to be an RV Mutant, but I think you can only be initiated by #1 or #2 (does that sound disgusting?). Anyway keep posting and I'm sure they will catch up with you sometime this year.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:19 PM   #29109

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
I suppose I ought to introduce. I'm John, my wife is Diane, and we're fulltimers. Right now we're just south of Raleigh, but that will change in the spring.

So, here I've been, lurking around this thread for a while, trying to work my way through the reading of 29000 posts without falling asleep in my recliner with my finger pressing on some button on my iphone that makes it call some guy in Finland. RVMutants. Strange. They do have some interesting yakfests, but I'm still trying to figure out if these folks are the same kind of crazy as me.

All I'm thinking is that I might post a short Happy New Year wish, but I'm immersed in existential and philosophical concerns. Am I an RVM? If so, where did I start? What was my pre-mutated state? Can I make the grade? Do I have the stuff to grab that number 103 and join the ranks? If a mutant is truly a mutant, would he really proffer Happy New Year wishes to others? Or would he go full contrarian, withhold the wishes, insist on acceptance and yet remain the cynical curmudgeon he has become. This is stressful stuff indeed.

Or is my MH the mutant? That would make me perfectly nor. nor. nor. normal. I think it's the MH, really. It's a simple, basic 13 y/o Dutch Star that we've lived in for almost three years now-- the slightly older generation, that looks like an apartment inside rather than a Dubai hotel lobby. (I have stayed in Dubai hotels. I know.) I have some switches that work but I've never used, and some switches I've tried to use but that are apparently not connected to anything. There's a really short list of mods and fixes that I've completed, and a really really long list of mods I talk about sometimes but never seem to get around to. And I have ground loops and wire weirdness in my coach. My kitchen slide won't operate if the bathroom florescent light is on, and my propane furnace won't shut off of the bathroom incandescent light is on. Go figure.

But in the end, I have to jump in. I AM an RVM! The mirror tells me so. We've been roaming for three years and haven't yet arrived, so we must have arrived without realizing it. Our journey IS our destination!

Happy New Year!
Quick somebody close the gates... we're under attack by a string of ALL capital letters... lol.

So without any recent additional or stepped up efforts at shameless promotion from the other mutants and myself - you have bravely stepped into the light proclaiming the journey is your destination - revealed a decent amount of self introspection and confusion - and shared a list of operating - inoperative and codependently operating things that you don't miss.... and/fully understand --->> well enough said... yeah your mutation is self evident. Don't forget that April means Hot Springs Arkansas.... ask if you don't already know!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 03:24 PM   #29110

Welcome to you JFXG ...... RVM #103 you sir have passed the rigorous tests and declaration and you are a welcome sight indeed.

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 03:43 PM   #29111

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:

Happy New Year!
Oh you are sooooo much an RVM, welcome John and Diane and Happy New Years to you both!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:05 PM   #29112

Quote:

Happy New Year!

HELLO john and Diane..... I too am Diane, but am called Di by most.... Thank goodness you jumped in... I think Steve was going into a decline from no new declared mutants lately. We have spurts it seems..... What a way to welcome the new year, by joining us.... We are on several other sites too. Expect a pm from Okmonkey... We have our own website, too, and are on RVillage...

Share your personals with us when ready. We like to get to know each other.... My DH is zeelarry, i am diwizi.... We are parttimers, live in Little Rock, AR, and are previously divorced from spouses and are happily married to each other for 12 years. I am a retired teacher from AR, he is retired army from Baltimore, and met online.....

Hi 103

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:47 PM   #29113

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Hey, you picked Pharr. Temperature here in Texas City right now is 52˚. Low tonight will be 46˚.

Thur - 55, Fri - 57, Sat - 59

Come on up where it's warmer.
That's bragging Wayne? It was 70 here today with an overnight low of 60. We have a slow warming trend predicted.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:48 PM   #29114

Tiffin Owners Club
To John and Diane, any one who can expound so much on so little will make a great mutant. That's what we all do!
WELCOME ABOARD!!

Teffy and I went out for several days at Christmas and while eating dinner we left the lights on, that was a Die Hard battery check to see if the batt was good. After two plus hours the lights were still on but not enough juice left to roll the engine. No problem, just start the gennie and it will charge the MH batt - right?. For twenty min the gen ran and put out not one single 120 volt to run the MH batt charger. Turned the gennie off and back on and all is well. When it warms up, I guess I'll waist my time and some money and off the gen shop we go. When I get to the shop, we all know that it'll work like a new swiss watch.

We're planning on coming to GC redo since last year was such a blast. Are those of us from Texas, and friends, going to meet up a day or two early like last year and sit on the park road and do what we do best - TALK?

To everyone:

HAVE A HAPPY AND PROSPERIOUS NEW YEAR AND MAY GOD BE WITH US!!!!

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:48 PM   #29115

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Hello there Lurker John... welcome to the mutanthood!

Quote:

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2014, 05:05 PM   #29116

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
To John and Diane, any one who can expound so much on so little will make a great mutant. That's what we all do!
WELCOME ABOARD!!

Teffy and I went out for several days at Christmas and while eating dinner we left the lights on, that was a Die Hard battery check to see if the batt was good. After two plus hours the lights were still on but not enough juice left to roll the engine. No problem, just start the gennie and it will charge the MH batt - right?. For twenty min the gen ran and put out not one single 120 volt to run the MH batt charger. Turned the gennie off and back on and all is well. When it warms up, I guess I'll waist my time and some money and off the gen shop we go. When I get to the shop, we all know that it'll work like a new swiss watch.

We're planning on coming to GC redo since last year was such a blast. Are those of us from Texas, and friends, going to meet up a day or two early like last year and sit on the park road and do what we do best - TALK?

To everyone:

HAVE A HAPPY AND PROSPERIOUS NEW YEAR AND MAY GOD BE WITH US!!!!

Well Bob - Big Mutantatious New Year to you too. Seems you and that generator go round and round. Last time wasn't the swith at the genie off??

Not sure how we will wander or when to the Redux.... but Don and I were telling a guy at our park about Coopers lake yesterday.

It's a nice piece of road to talk on... and dark too. I think my shoes still have some of that good Texas mud on them.... lol.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:09 PM   #29117

Monaco Owners Club
55 checking in. Happy New Year!

Welcome 103!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:13 PM   #29118

A hearty WELCOME to JXFG, John and Diane! You have landed in RVMdom, and have gained access to the Rainbow. Ready for a fun ride?
Would be great to see you in Hot Springs in April.
Dave and Nola
RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:14 PM   #29119

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I'm still trying to figure out if these folks are the same kind of crazy as me.
John,

You will find RVMs subscribing to all manner of crazy. We are equal oppurtunty crazies here. Welcome to you and Diane. Expect a PM from me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:22 PM   #29120

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
55 checking in. Happy New Year!

Welcome 103!
Hi Elizabeth and Mary!
HNY to you!