Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2015, 08:18 PM   #30437

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We will have to get together. I really don't expect a solution, just thought I'd tell my tale. When these things go on in campgrounds, you can look forward to moving or your neighbor goes away.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2015, 08:24 PM   #30438

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
We will have to get together. I really don't expect a solution, just thought I'd tell my tale. When these things go on in campgrounds, you can look forward to moving or your neighbor goes away.

You are wise, Judy!
You are an RV Mutant. Sometimes you need to change your outdoor wallpaper!
Hope we can meet somwhere on the Rainbow!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:29 PM   #30439

Solo Rvers Club
Judy a friend of mine has three dogs he keeps in a fenced yard (1 large breed, one medium and a toy wiener dog). The neighbors behind him dog sit dogs. Last winter the snow was so deep that the neighbors dogs (2 large breed) were able to jump the fence and attack his dogs. Injured one of them quite severely but it survived. His vet bills for the dogs was around 2K. He made a police report. Talked to the neighbor, as did the police. Nothing changed. He then took the neighbor to small claims court and won a judgement for the vet bills. I know that doesn't sound like the politically correct thing to do, but it did stop the neighbors from allowing their dogs to run. Best of luck on a solution.

Does the city/county have a leash law?? Police should take action if the dogs are not leashed.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:41 PM   #30440

Vintage RV Owners Club
Some folks make a small fenced in potty area that their dog doors lead out too... that would save you from having to dress to the tip to take them out in the cold before you are ready to do so .... depending on how big the neighbors dogs are, you would need to make your fence that big accordingly as the goal here is to keep them off of your dogs when they do their potty break...not so much keeping your dogs in.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:43 PM   #30441

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Anyone know where Moonrover got off to... ???

And OldMe...

And ToyDuck... ???
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:44 PM   #30442

Fleetwood Owners Club
Judy I'm not sure of a lot of things in your story. Questions I have are, are you living in the country, you mentioned a pond. What breed are the dogs that visit your place?

I live in a country setting where dogs run wild. The way we handle problem dogs is we shoot them. Red Ryder BB guns will shoot your eye out, but it will also send a dog a running. After a few times they get the message!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:46 PM   #30443
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Lynne the grass skirts came about due to the theme of this years Grand Curosity. Last year we had a Maudi Graus night, this year is a planned Luau hence grass skirts and coconut bras For The Ladies ( nothing required ) and Luau apperel for the men.

AND if Papa Steve shows up in a sumo loin cloth it could be a sign of the apocalypse!

We don't normally direct people to this thread, those that find it on their own have a higher apptatud for the Mutant Life.
Loin cloth? Steve?
Hopefully, Annie will select his wardrobe for the goings-on at Catherine's Landing. I bet she won't let him out of the "house" in a sumo loin cloth. We can only hope ....
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:47 PM   #30444

I'm not one to sympathize with neighbors or neighbor's dogs that think they can terrorize their neighbor's dogs.

Ask the local police department's opinion about encircling your dogs' space (on your property) with an electric fence that you can activate or neutralize as you see fit.. See if you're within your rights to keep intruders from your property by putting up a strong but non-lethal electrified wire that would "discourage" the neighbor's dogs from approaching your dogs. Kind of a "reverse invisible fence".

While you're at it, you might ask the police about using lethal force against the intruding dogs. Unless you're willing to live your life according to your neighbor's rules, you need to be willing to protect your rights.

I love most dogs but my life would not be dictated to me by some idiot neighbor that knows his dogs' behavior is totally wrong.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:48 PM   #30445

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Anyone know where Moonrover got off to... ???

And OldMe...

And ToyDuck... ???
Seen Moonrover lurking some, Oldme is over on RV Forum.net. I was over there checking in, things the same, everyone is a smart as- and the mods are the worst.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:52 PM   #30446

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have no leash law here. The neighbor dogs are much bigger than ours, the black lab is friendly and just loud, the white dog is mix of something, dunno what. But the white one is snarly, tooth barring mean. I don't think the owners care. And yeah a pen for our dogs may be needed. Just seems wrong to punish them with jail, but there is no way we could fence the others out, it would cost way too much. Thanks!
Old 01-27-2015, 09:19 PM   #30447
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Wayne. Hours of therapy down the drain. The nightmares have started again. You and your kimono roundness are again haunting me... I have a call into Dr. Fagetaboutit and hopefully he can retrigger the memory loss over the phone. Geesh.
Don't worry! By lunch time you can't remember what you had for breakfast.

Jeff is going to have to slim down A LOT to look like that kimono looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
You sure Dave wasn't wearing a kimodo?
Mel, absolutely no dragon under his kimono.

Quote:
OK - I have lost my password and am on Annies phone - that for some reason remembers my password and my cell doesnt... lol.

I also may have an old email in profile. We shall see about that. I have sent for a reset. We will wait on that. Lol. Any way. Bye...
How in the world did you forget BOB spelled backwards?

Quote:
Hello, just figgered I'd check in for a bit. Maybe someone has a good idea to solve our latest problem.

This is kinda off topic:

As everyone knows we changed our S&B location last summer. We love our new home. Our sweet little dogs have been adjusting, the one called Sadie is in heaven. The one called Molly waited and waited for us to go home. But after taking her "trailer" for a few trips and returning here, she has finally decided she is home.

We planned to fence in an area for them, but as time has passed we found they do really fine and never leave our property. Sadie loves to run and has a fine time with her freedom. Molly is more cautious and waits for company before heading to the pond or woods.

Our neighbor has 2 dogs who are terrorizing our dogs. On Friday one of them came over here and attacked Sadie, who of course wasn't having any of that, and she ran at the dog, then turned at the driveway edge to come back and the other dog BIT her in the thigh.
I went to the sheriff's office and filed a report, after going to the neighbor's and telling them what had happened. I said that dog is dangerous, please keep it home. The reply was HUH?
So all you fine diplomats, what do you suggest I do?

For the last 2 months our dogs don't like to leave the deck unless I have them on leash, I guess they think I will protect them if they are safely tethered to me. This of course means that I have to get fully dressed and bundled up, first thing every morning to take them out. Once we get away from the house I take the leashes off and they are fine.

The dogs from next door were back over here in our yard barking at us today.
I like Tim's idea, but I hate to see animals hurt. I think your original plan to have a fence for them is a better solution. If you do it yourself you are only out the materials.

Quote:
We have no leash law here. The neighbor dogs are much bigger than ours, the black lab is friendly and just loud, the white dog is mix of something, dunno what. But the white one is snarly, tooth barring mean. I don't think the owners care. And yeah a pen for our dogs may be needed. Just seems wrong to punish them with jail, but there is no way we could fence the others out, it would cost way too much. Thanks!
You would not have to fence in the whole area, just a big enough run where they could do their business and frisk about for awhile.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:29 PM   #30448

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
[COLOR=Blue]Don't worry! By lunch time you can't remember what you had for breakfast.[COLOR=Blue]
Hey - I'm retired now. I have breakfast for lunch.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:46 PM   #30449

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Ya. I thought about it, but it was attached to about a ton of cedar, AND in a National Monument. So...pics it is. Just had to share it.

It's mutating. Best not to disturb the process. Ya might git carried away....!

Tx for sharing.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:52 PM   #30450

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Judy I'm not sure of a lot of things in your story. Questions I have are, are you living in the country, you mentioned a pond. What breed are the dogs that visit your place?

I live in a country setting where dogs run wild. The way we handle problem dogs is we shoot them. Red Ryder BB guns will shoot your eye out, but it will also send a dog a running. After a few times they get the message!

LOL that reminds me of the way my dad used to do the neighborhood dogs that tried to raid the trash cans ... he's hide out in the basement watching with a slingshot and shoot pellets at them when they attempted to knock the cans over... even if he didn't get them... the ping on the can startled them pretty good and sent them elsewhere...