Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2015, 01:35 PM   #31011

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
Thanks for this... Wondering I might stay some out at the lake, some at CL.
Lake Ouchita State Park have cabins next to the water. 501-767-8148 I think. We host at the park some. Might get a reservation during April. Brady Mountain Resort also has cabins, both are about equal distance from CL. I'll try and get you a lake map. It's pretty big lake with lots of islands, can easily get turned around, I have and I know it pretty well. Let me know if I can help. Steve and Larry will be using a guide for strippers. I've only lucked into the strippers a few times on my own, guides are the way to go for them!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2015, 02:00 PM   #31012

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
And was your delucious present to us....... Actually i enjoyed helping....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Thanks Di, I had hoped you had a good time helping, was afraid you felt conned into doing it, although through life women have never found it difficult to tell me NO! lol

This year less time cooking, more time gabbing and maybe playing some fun games. I'll pick up the cow chips when we get a little closer. They'll be ripe for tossing!!

The Garvin Gardens tour should be fun for everyone, good idea! I had told Steve I would have firewood there by pavilion so even though we don't have an event planned we can congregate after meals around the pits. Being close to pavilion this year should be a big plus.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:16 PM   #31013

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Steve and Larry will be using a guide for strippers. I've only lucked into the strippers a few times on my own, guides are the way to go for them!
I'm so disappointed.

You guys claim to be mutants and you need guides to find a peeler bar?

Oh the humanity....
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:23 PM   #31014

Quote:
boy they are proud of them cottages.... $799 for a week.

Jay....... Have you stayed in a hotel recently? Just beds..... No kitchens.....
Most that i woukd consider staying in Are that much....
We will get a 15% discount at CL......
What are the yurt prices?

Lake Catherine State Park has a few cottages for $85 a night..... Most are higher. This is close by.....
This is a resort town.... And it is the week after racing shuts down at Oaklawn, but there are hanger ons....

When Tim said 30 -45 min.... I would say min of an hour back and forth.... He drives those roads faster than me....
Island camping is great, but not sure of weather in mid April, i camped those in summer.... And by water to get to any islands add 30 min, and possible launch fee, etc..... Lake Ouachita State Park only has condos.... But free launch and park,

Stay away from Brady Mountain..... Yucky drive up....
Crystal Springs is closer to hwy, but not sure on cabins. This is the best place to launch for island camping.
Mountain Harbor is even pricier...... And further west on the lake.

Lake Hamilton is not really a fishing lake.... Unless you go up to just beliw the dam....

The 3 lakes are all connected. But not water accessible... Dams in between each.
Lake Ouachita > Lake Hamilton > Lake Catherine

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:29 PM   #31015

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Thanks for this... Wondering I might stay some out at the lake, some at CL.
With all the money you're saving not having Ole Mushy Wall - I'd think you could rent 2 or 3 cabins at both CL and the Lake. Who ya kidding Jay. lol..
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:30 PM   #31016

Quote:
Thanks Di, I had hoped you had a good time helping, was afraid you felt conned into doing it, although through life women have never found it difficult to tell me NO! lol

This year less time cooking, more time gabbing and maybe playing some fun games. I'll pick up the cow chips when we get a little closer. They'll be ripe for tossing!!

The Garvin Gardens tour should be fun for everyone, good idea! I had told Steve I would have firewood there by pavilion so even though we don't have an event planned we can congregate after meals around the pits. Being close to pavilion this year should be a big plus.

Tim..... I just like to mess with ya.... I very much enjoyed helping... I have a hard time just standing and not being involved..... Smile..... I do think the games and being closer will be more fun....
Think we need to figure out restaurant suggestions.... I will both email out a list and also make a print out a list if you want to give me your suggestiins too.
Then we can maybe match places to nights and events. Like what night is best for that grill?

Old 02-04-2015, 02:32 PM   #31017

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Tim..... I just like to mess with ya.... I very much enjoyed helping... I have a hard time just standing and not being involved..... Smile..... I do think the games and being closer will be more fun....
Think we need to figure out restaurant suggestions.... I will both email out a list and also make a print out a list if you want to give me your suggestiins too.
Then we can maybe match places to nights and events. Like what night is best for that grill?

What grill....
Old 02-04-2015, 02:42 PM   #31018

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
What grill....

http://kjsgrill.com

The restaurant grill.....

Old 02-04-2015, 02:54 PM   #31019

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
http://kjsgrill.com

The restaurant grill.....

Oh... that grill... it was good. They handled about a dozen of us I think. I'm not sure we all have to go to the same place every night as long as we end up back at the Pavillion on time for whatever festivities are planned. I know some times there are one or two mutants that sit out spending money at restaurants. In fact - I am one such mutant. I can cook a steak as good as anyone and enjoy it.

So some us may wish to gather at a site with a few others and grill - since we won't be having full mutant meals at the Pavillion...

I know some don't like to cook and others enjoy it. Besides - I owe Don and Colleen a steak dinner.... and not from Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.

It's all good regardless...
Old 02-04-2015, 02:58 PM   #31020

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

Short list was BBQ either Stubbys or McClards, I think Dave or someone visited Stubbys last year, both are good McClards is a little more historic. KJ's less expensive Steaks, several ate there last year. Not sure if Doe's Eat Place still open. I'll talk to my friends that either live over there or have houseboats and eat out a lot, they know the best places! Cajun Broilers is always good for seafood. I'll get back with you!
Old 02-04-2015, 03:14 PM   #31021

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Short list was BBQ either Stubbys or McClards, I think Dave or someone visited Stubbys last year, both are good McClards is a little more historic. KJ's less expensive Steaks, several ate there last year. Not sure if Doe's Eat Place still open. I'll talk to my friends that either live over there or have houseboats and eat out a lot, they know the best places! Cajun Broilers is always good for seafood. I'll get back with you!
I thought you were cooking dinner for all on your slide out kitchen...
Old 02-04-2015, 03:15 PM   #31022

Quote:

Did Stubbys and McClards. Stubbys won for us. But went to another that was even better and gets my vote: Smokin In Style BBQ. Learned of it from a guy at Stubbys.

RVM1
AKA: Captain Forehead
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #31023

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Lake Ouchita State Park have cabins next to the water. 501-767-8148 I think. We host at the park some. Might get a reservation during April. Brady Mountain Resort also has cabins, both are about equal distance from CL. I'll try and get you a lake map. It's pretty big lake with lots of islands, can easily get turned around, I have and I know it pretty well. Let me know if I can help. Steve and Larry will be using a guide for strippers. I've only lucked into the strippers a few times on my own, guides are the way to go for them!
Tim... you are killing me here... the fish you refer to are spelled Stripers...
and I am sure there are the other sort around... but most folks don't need guides to find them.... just sayin....
Old 02-04-2015, 03:18 PM   #31024

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Did Stubbys and McClards. Stubbys won for us. But went to another that was even better and gets my vote: Smokin In Style BBQ. Learned of it from a guy at Stubbys.

RVM1
AKA: Captain Forehead
Hmmm... well I can eat Q about anytime - but I will be smokin on Saturday...