Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2015, 11:01 AM   #31109

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you all for your warm and most appreciated welcome(s).

Okay, Diane a bit about us:

Both are retired; well, sorta. My wife was a teacher for special ed for 30+ years. She absolutely loved what she did. She just struggled some about where things were heading. After a little over 1 year of retirement, she was asked to come back and accepted a one year contract. So, she is actually working, leaving little time (for now) to fully enjoy the MH. But, we do what we can around her schedule.
I am retired from Honeywell, Process and Control division. As many have experienced, our jobs were sent overseas, forcing my hand to retire. Let me say I have no regrets about it....nor am I upset that it happened. Honeywell was very good to me for those 30+ years...putting a roof over my head, food on my table, and paid for my education. Looking back, it was the best thing I could have done, and the best thing for me! It allowed us to move forward with our journey, altho paused for now.
We are blessed with two wonderful son's, one in Dallas, Texas area and the other in Bend, Oregon with our DIL, 3 year old grandson and 8 month old granddaughter.

First MH, and we LOVE IT and all that it offers. We hope to upgrade one day, but for now are content with what we have.

Thanks again for the acceptance and welcomes.

Don and Dale.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2015, 11:15 AM   #31110

Hmmmmm...... 8 guests lurking. Could 107,108,109 be amongst that group of lurkers? Blatant offering and plea for added membership. The yearly dues are worth every penny.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:16 AM   #31111

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for the bio, one other question before the craziness gets started, who does the posting, Don or Dale?

As others have mentioned, April 15-22 at Catherines Landing Rv resort in Hot Springs, Ar will be a mutant rally which we call a Grand Curosity 1.2. It's only our second curosity (rally) but it's numbered 1.2 because someone likes the Dewey Decimal System! That's less than 5 hours from Dallas! Come join in!
Old 02-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #31112

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Hmmmmm...... 8 guests lurking. Could 107,108,109 be amongst that group of lurkers? Blatant offering and plea for added membership. The yearly dues are worth every penny.
I've been a mutant so long now my dues are paying Dividends and Interest!
(By the way that's what my son calls his first two calfs. LOL)
Old 02-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #31113

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 21 (9 members and 12 guests)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm Steve you could be right and that dues is about to increase twofold. No time like the present.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:25 AM   #31114

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Just got up. Cup O Joe in hand. I actually beat the neighbours rooster to the sun coming up.

View from my deck!
Les saw you liked my fence, I knew you was a man with good taste as soon as I saw the pic of Bonnie. Now, the pic from the deck looks dark, I suspect it's because it's early. WHAT WRONG WITH YOU! Your on vacation in Paradise and your up early! You must be older than I think! Lol
Old 02-05-2015, 11:34 AM   #31115

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I've been a mutant so long now my dues are paying Dividends and Interest!

(By the way that's what my son calls his first two calfs. LOL)

Understood! I'm just glad that this pyramid game pays me so much.
Somebody send me a dime!

RVM1
AKA: Captain Forehead
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:35 AM   #31116

Di. Don't burn yer cheap brushes! We need them.

RVM1
AKA: Captain Forehead
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:38 AM   #31117

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Thanks for the bio, one other question before the craziness gets started, who does the posting, Don or Dale?

As others have mentioned, April 15-22 at Catherines Landing Rv resort in Hot Springs, Ar will be a mutant rally which we call a Grand Curosity 1.2. It's only our second curosity (rally) but it's numbered 1.2 because someone likes the Dewey Decimal System! That's less than 5 hours from Dallas! Come join in!
Tim,
I (Don) do the posting. Momma likes to peep, however! But, with that said, NOTHING is off limits to either of us!! So, throw whatcha may...but watch for the return sling!

Not sure we can make this rally due to Dale's schedule. But you never know what the future holds. And.........careful what you ask for!!
Old 02-05-2015, 11:43 AM   #31118

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Dale View Post

Both are retired; well, sorta. My wife was a teacher for special ed for 30+ years. She absolutely loved what she did. She just struggled some about where things were heading. After a little over 1 year of retirement, she was asked to come back and accepted a one year contract. So, she is actually working, leaving little time (for now) to fully enjoy the MH. But, we do what we can around her schedule.
I am retired from Honeywell, Process and Control division. As many have experienced, our jobs were sent overseas, forcing my hand to retire. Let me say I have no regrets about it....nor am I upset that it happened. Honeywell was very good to me for those 30+ years...putting a roof over my head, food on my table, and paid for my education. Looking back, it was the best thing I could have done, and the best thing for me! It allowed us to move forward with our journey, altho paused for now.
We are blessed with two wonderful son's, one in Dallas, Texas area and the other in Bend, Oregon with our DIL, 3 year old grandson and 8 month old granddaughter.

First MH, and we LOVE IT and all that it offers. We hope to upgrade one day, but for now are content with what we have.

Don and Dale.
My DH worked for Honeywell after they bought Allied Signal, who bought Bendix who bought King Radio... who he first started for after he graduated from Wichita State... years ago... He now works at Garmin.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:07 PM   #31119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Dale View Post

Don and Dale.

Nice to meet ya..... We all are interested..... You are in Phoenix? Btw. I liked your signature already....

I am ret teacher.... 8th grade, various subjects.... Hubby is ZeeLarry, ret Army, he posts as well....
I have 2 sons, and 5 grands.... And we are on subsequent stupendous marriages.... Smile...
Neither of our first divirces were our choices but its like NOW we are so glad it turned out the way it did....
Lol... We met online in our afterlife..... I am from Arkansas, he us from Baltimore, MD....
Try to make it for our curiosity... You will never regret it. If not then we are planning another in Utah...

Welcome Don and Dake

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:08 PM   #31120

Tiffin Owners Club
Yes, Martha. For quite a few years, they were on a buying frenzy it seemed. Never knew what or who was next on the plate. Worked with some mighty fine people over the years. So much talent gone.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:19 PM   #31121

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks Diane. Please tell your husband "thanks for his service". SALUTE ! !

And, thank you for your caring to teach. That, IMHO, has got to be one tough job, but can be so rewarding, too.

Yes we are in Phoenix (Glendale). Warren, Ohio is my home town, but moved here when I was like 4 years old so it's all I really know. Getting harder and harder to deal with the summer heat, which is one reason for the MH. We want to spend some summers where it is a bit cooler, and closer to the grand kids is our hopes.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:03 PM   #31122

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I dunnoooo... this looks pretty exciting

RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote