Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2015, 01:07 PM   #31123
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Dale View Post
Good Morning everyone. I have been following this thread for sometime now and would very much like to join in the festivities. Why did it take so long? I don't know,, but my DW asked that once when it took me 5 years to ask her to be my wife. A bit slow I guess, but I get there. It's the journey...not the destination!

Yes, we do believe, in so many ways, that the journey is our destination. We are always looking forward to what that will bring. Each sunrise is a blessing and we travel through the day, giving thanks after sunset for reaching that destination....whatever and wherever that may be.
This is our first motor home so there were so many things we don't or didn't know we could have. ALL OF WHICH we really don't miss. We have the basics...which have proven to be all we really ever needed (and never realized it).
The one thing we both miss is our king size bed. I'm pretty much a flopper all night, so having that extra room for the DW is really missed in our queen bed!
Thanks in advance.
Kind Regards to all.
Don and Dale
Along with everyone else, Kate & I welcome you to Rainbow Land and the Mutant Menagerie! A finer bunch of sick, twisted mutants you will not find anywhere.

Indeed, we hope you can make the Grand Curiosity in Arkansas in April. That will be our first time to meet RVMutants face to face. We're in west Texas, but it'll be worth an 11 hour drive just to meet Nola and Annie. The things they put up with .... :tongue clucking:

So happy you found us! You're part of a real family here.

Melanie
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2015, 01:16 PM   #31124
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok, Di's showing off her art, Steve showing off his ponderances so here is art in my eyes, this section finished!

BEAUTIFUL, Tim. Do you hire out? We need a fence around our back yard in Pagosa Springs, CO.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:00 PM   #31125

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hmmm. Not sure what to make of this...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1423170044862.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	85259  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:04 PM   #31126

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Looks dangerous. I'd approach only with extreme caution.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:09 PM   #31127

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
So what does one do with so many slingshots?

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 02-05-2015, 02:11 PM   #31128

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hey Mel! You an Kate just chillin in the red dust bowl?

Old 02-05-2015, 02:15 PM   #31129

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
So what does one do with so many slingshots?

There are lots of dove around here... but those would tear em up.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #31130

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Didn't you have a mom and sisters? Geesh... grew up first 14-15 years in an all girl home 'cept for dad... we all used the shower curtain rod to dry our slingshots... not enough room in the MOHO to do that... sunshine is good for antibacterial control... what more can I say?
Old 02-05-2015, 02:21 PM   #31131

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Those are fer shooting coconuts at Pelicans I think

Old 02-05-2015, 02:36 PM   #31132

RVM bio

Long ago DW (Mary Ann) and I (Steve, aka Papawsteve) posted our backgrounds. Guess it's time to do that again.

Married for 47 years. (June 10). Rural Indiana separate, but real close, SMALL school high school sweethearts

2 daughters and the youngest has 5 children. Oldest lost her husband in 1999 (car accident) and has no children but 2 very accomplished step children (nurse and chiropractor) who live near South Lake, TX.

Camped all of our married life. Tent for a VERY short time, pop-up, 5th wheel with no truck (stayed at same CG for 10 years), and finally our 2011 Coachmen Sportscoach DP. Since September of 2010 we have taken it to 44-45 of the 49 reachable states. Simply love seeing what is around the curve or over the hill.

Mary Ann is retired from Dow Chemical (Midland, MI and Indianapolis, IN) after 35 years. She took 7 years off to raise a couple of kids to school age. And back in the day, she had to quit her job with no promise of getting a job later or return to work a couple weeks later.

I spent 22 years teaching school, coaching, managing track meets, announcing sporting events, and keeping stats for a couple of coaches. Left teaching when I knew I was ready and when DW accepted a transfer and promotion back to our home state of Indiana. I worked at a concrete supply company as store manager and sold appliances for hhGregg when they only had their original 5 stores (all in Indianapolis). My clock number was 697 and the employees today have numbers above 30,000.

Spent last summer taking some of the grandkids to Arizona, Colorado, Tennessee. Loved it. Probably more such trips this summer with the younger ones in the brood. Trust me, they (the little ones) were not ready for long trips in a 39 x 8 foot space.

We still have a S & B north of Indy. Less than 30 minutes from kids and 1 1/2 hours from kinfolk. Life is good. Riding the rainbow at our speed is wonderful.

Wintering (actually Feb/Mar) in Florida. Headed to AZ next year (maybe for 3 months).

Loved the FECG @CL. Going again to see if the first one was a fluke. LOL
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:49 PM   #31133

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Didn't you have a mom and sisters? Geesh... grew up first 14-15 years in an all girl home 'cept for dad... we all used the shower curtain rod to dry our slingshots... not enough room in the MOHO to do that... sunshine is good for antibacterial control... what more can I say?
Marty - The rules here say no drying of clothes outside. Beach towels may be dried out side. I'm going to look for that beach.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:51 PM   #31134

Quote:

Almost rainbow colors.... And i sure hope they didnt see you taking the photo......
I would avoid you like the plague if you took photos if my colors........

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 03:09 PM   #31135

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Almost rainbow colors.... And i sure hope they didnt see you taking the photo......
I would avoid you like the plague if you took photos if my colors........

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Part of my wonderment is that they weren't there then and they aren't there now. Been gone all day. Here's an idea - let's put our colors out and and go for a drive.

BTW - I might avoid you as well...

Just curious - How may of you mutants actually fly your colors in a RV Park? Annie says no way...
Old 02-05-2015, 03:19 PM   #31136

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
R U an RV Mutant too?

Barb would go to her grave first! Hell we have day shades all around our rainbow rider and still she ducks like she is hiding LOL