Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2015, 09:50 PM   #31501

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Rain didn't stop play this evening. The sun even graced us with its presence for a glorious time while we were out.

As we waited to board, the cleaning tables below us were busy. Two amberjack were being cleaned and all the scraps thrown to waiting brown pelicans.

Attachment 85687

Can't post video, apparently, to show the dozens of birds, juveniles & adults alike, scrambling and tussling over each bit of skin and fin thrown to them. What a circus!

'Night all. I'm about to fold. Enjoyed yer company. ☺️😴
Sue - that looks like some great fish. Need to get Annie down there for a little deep sea fishing. Next year Az. The next Florida. That's some mutated planning!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2015, 10:02 PM   #31502

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Did the rain let up Steve?
Annie says thanks and hi to you both. Can't wait till April.
It stopped after about 5 hours. Saw the radar. Looked like Suspinz got about 1/2 the rain we experienced.

BTW, if my numbers work for the Powerball jackpot, the Redux 1.3 next year will be at Fort Wilderness campground at Walt Disney World. One week of camping and 4 days in the parks courtesy of Mary Ann and I. That would be an offer for all attending mutants as of this Wednesday night.

Temper your enthusiasm until at least Thursday please. Wish me luck.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:09 PM   #31503

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Steve, I hope your luck is much betterer than my luck with the Lotto Max up here. Fifty Million was won last Friday and I missed by two numbers, neither one of my tickets won.

The 649 this Wednesday is for ten million.

Wish me luck too OK?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:10 PM   #31504

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
It stopped after about 5 hours. Saw the radar. Looked like Suspinz got about 1/2 the rain we experienced.

BTW, if my numbers work for the Powerball jackpot, the Redux 1.3 next year will be at Fort Wilderness campground at Walt Disney World. One week of camping and 4 days in the parks courtesy of Mary Ann and I. That would be an offer for all attending mutants as of this Wednesday night.

Temper your enthusiasm until at least Thursday please. Wish me luck.
Ommmm. Ommmm. Winner. Winner. Powerball Winner.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:46 AM   #31505

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Up and at em mutants. Another beautiful day on the rainbow!
Old 02-10-2015, 06:51 AM   #31506

Quote:
Your birthday is the same as Dick Nobles' - RVM 10... small RVMdom....

I have his written in as Dec 31.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:54 AM   #31507

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
I have his written in as Dec 31.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
I could have entered incorrectly in my calendar. Maybe I will give him a call today too... lol.

On edit - I have it on 12/31 also. Maybe he's like me - too close to Christmas and celebrates twice.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:01 AM   #31508

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Curiosity and the ponder. We all know the difference between a Mutant Curiosity and a Mutant Ponder. But this ponder is because I'm curious.

How many mutants use the public shower at RV parks vs. the shower you bring with you?

We bring our shower with us and use it exclusively. Where we are now - there are lots of people using the park facilities. I'm surprised by that and don't understand it.

Ponder away...
Old 02-10-2015, 07:10 AM   #31509

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ponder no more Ol great one, what goes on behind our closed door is we shower with what we brought. Sorry I would post pictures but I can't !! lol

I have been in coaches where the shower was used for storage more than for showering, that and in parks where there were no sewer, only dump stations, many use shower.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:11 AM   #31510

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Curiosity and the ponder. We all know the difference between a Mutant Curiosity and a Mutant Ponder. But this ponder is because I'm curious.

How many mutants use the public shower at RV parks vs. the shower you bring with you?

We bring our shower with us and use it exclusively. Where we are now - there are lots of people using the park facilities. I'm surprised by that and don't understand it.

Ponder away...
I think there was a poll for this somewhere. Can't find it at the moment but I suspect some folks may prefer the RV park shower for better water pressure? Or maybe they don't want to dirty their RV shower? I know I use mine in the RV all the time, I prefer to stay in the bus and look out the skylight and either see the moon or sun, depending on when I take my shower that day.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:12 AM   #31511

Fleetwood Owners Club
Remember DWAYNE, he didn't shower at all!

Ok DWAYNE I see you lurking, what's up! Lol
Old 02-10-2015, 07:16 AM   #31512

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Remember DWAYNE, he didn't shower at all!

Ok DWAYNE I see you lurking, what's up! Lol
I saw him in the lake at GC@CL - with a bar of soap and a long handled brush. Just another one of those things you never forget...
Old 02-10-2015, 07:36 AM   #31513

Made it to Lake Cass Blanco state park in Laredo,Tx yesterday. Breakfast you ask?, Bacon, cheese,egg , muffins. Yummy. My specialty.
RVM #104
Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:43 AM   #31514

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ponder no more Ol great one, what goes on behind our closed door is we shower with what we brought. Sorry I would post pictures but I can't !! lol

I have been in coaches where the shower was used for storage more than for showering, that and in parks where there were no sewer, only dump stations, many use shower.

When we first got ours, there was an issue with no hot water, so i used the park shower, in NM with snow on ground, i wont take a cold shower. I have used the park showers if i thought our gray was filling up, in Florida some of the state parks have no sewer hookups, so i used the park.... Larry seldom uses the parks, he just hates them..... After so many years tent camping, it is ok with me. If there are all favorable conditions, i prefer the rv shower..... But When island tenting we had a black solar shower bag left in sun to get hot..... Had a portable shower enclosure made of pvc and tarps.....

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote