Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #3179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon190 View Post
If ya send in the video maybe Bret Michaels will rock yer world and give you one. He's the one that puts slide outs in the way back. Me? Is it wrong to want five slide outs cos I only got three? Does a mutant ever get slide out envy?

Jack
RVM47
Hey Jack !!!

I dont know if there is such a thing as slide out envy, I have seen post from others that dont wish for any slide outs at all. We have two and it seems just right for us. Although if there was a way to win a makeover I would love to have a few touch-ups done, but I dont have that kind of luck. So for me I'll just be happy for what I have and not miss what I dont. Bjut there is still the itch for rope lights ...why?.... hahahahaha

Cheers !!!

Oh and Jack, once again I welcome you to the mutants
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #3180

we might be a mutant also. we went fulltime 2 years ago with no plan and still have no plan. we go where ever we feel like it. and can afford . sometimes things get tough but we just don't do every thing each place has to offer. we just got a MH we had a bumper pull camper but the truck blew 4 engines in 2 months so I said I'm done and got our MH now we have payments but I think its worth it. seeing family and friends all over the US.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #3181

To all RVM rope light admirers. There are 27 strings of lights on the boat. All are LED, and took less than 4amps to run. I powered them off a 400 watt inverter, plugged into lighter socket. So see, I'm thinking a landing strip for spy drones is in the plans. Or maybe a lighted guide to the curiosity camp fire??
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #3182

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by breed View Post
we might be a mutant also. we went fulltime 2 years ago with no plan and still have no plan. we go where ever we feel like it. and can afford . sometimes things get tough but we just don't do every thing each place has to offer. we just got a MH we had a bumper pull camper but the truck blew 4 engines in 2 months so I said I'm done and got our MH now we have payments but I think its worth it. seeing family and friends all over the US.
You may indeed be an RVM. I have read several of your threads and posts, and you certainly get around and have been through some "mutant machines", and trials. Like all mutants - you need to tell us a few things your motorhome doesn't have and you don't miss. And of course make the journey your destination.

I see you have the HR avatar so assume that's the current machine of tranquility. Not sure if that was the one with the questionable tires or not - but since you have been from what I gather was Burnet, Tx (we will pass by there next weekend) to Ct to Wy and now on your way to AZ -I'm confident you worked that out.

So what don't ya have and not miss - and tell us about that HR.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #3183

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
You may indeed be an RVM. I have read several of your threads and posts, and you certainly get around and have been through some "mutant machines", and trials. Like all mutants - you need to tell us a few things your motorhome doesn't have and you don't miss. And of course make the journey your destination.

I see you have the HR avatar so assume that's the current machine of tranquility. Not sure if that was the one with the questionable tires or not - but since you have been from what I gather was Burnet, Tx (we will pass by there next weekend) to Ct to Wy and now on your way to AZ -I'm confident you worked that out.

So what don't ya have and not miss - and tell us about that HR.
RVM2
yes we have a HR now its a 1990 33' Imperial gas powered. and yes it had bad tires and we are in AZ it has 2 a/c's but you can only use one at a time. for some reason they wired it for 30 amp. I will be fixing this. also we don't have a washer or dryer a big yard or land taxes and a home owner association or snobby neighbors and I don't miss them at all. I did put my 47" flat screen tv in it. no dish yet but I do miss that. we started in burnet TX went to AR then MD,CT back to MD,then WY,CA,NV and now AZ.

Old 09-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #3184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
To all RVM rope light admirers. There are 27 strings of lights on the boat. All are LED, and took less than 4amps to run. I powered them off a 400 watt inverter, plugged into lighter socket. So see, I'm thinking a landing strip for spy drones is in the plans. Or maybe a lighted guide to the curiosity camp fire??

Wow !!! ,

How far does 27 strings of lights reach ? and hopefully one would not be voted off a curiosity campfire perch, my guess is the fire could be a roaring good one being that far away as well.

Breed you should definitely consider joining our humble curiosity, I for one would like to hear how it is your former pull vehicle went through 4 engines in two months, that sounds like it was a huge headache and headbanger all in one and in such a short span of time. I am happy to hear you have all of that behind you now, and i wish you smooth motoring from this point forward.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #3185

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by breed

yes we have a HR now its a 1990 33' Imperial gas powered. and yes it had bad tires and we are in AZ it has 2 a/c's but you can only use one at a time. for some reason they wired it for 30 amp. I will be fixing this. also we don't have a washer or dryer a big yard or land taxes and a home owner association or snobby neighbors and I don't miss them at all. I did put my 47" flat screen tv in it. no dish yet but I do miss that. we started in burnet TX went to AR then MD,CT back to MD,then WY,CA,NV and now AZ.
You have demonstrated and met the requirements to be RVM48 and we welcome you to the RVMdom. Your Journey has been long and we hope you are settled in for a bit and can get you're tires attended to. Although they seem to have brought you safely across and back half the county in a few months time. Journey wisely young mutants. May your time upon the rainbow be long and happy!
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
Old 09-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #3186

yea!! We did visit oatman AZ a week ago and loved it. now down in tucson area I did get 5 of the 8 tires needed. and made it from angels camp CA to here frig. went out got us sick a/c broke I replaced both. where and when is every one going to meet. or where are you going to be this winter?

RVM48

Old 09-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #3187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
To all RVM rope light admirers. There are 27 strings of lights on the boat. ...... Or maybe a lighted guide to the curiosity camp fire??
I like it! A lighted guide to the campfire, who'dathunkit? Curiouser & curiouser. 'Sides, they make a pretty light show on the boat and doubled in the water.

Cheers!

Sue
Old 09-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #3188

Hey welcome RVM48 breed! Lots of things to not miss, aren't there?!! Among many other items, I don't have an outdoor kitchen, either, and I've never hankered for one. The bacon cooks just as well indoors.

Speaking of which, y'all: lookee what I brung home today!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-948794035.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	527.6 KB
ID:	46014

Cheers!

Sue RVM36
Old 09-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #3189

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by breed
yea!! We did visit oatman AZ a week ago and loved it. now down in tucson area I did get 5 of the 8 tires needed. and made it from angels camp CA to here frig. went out got us sick a/c broke I replaced both. where and when is every one going to meet. or where are you going to be this winter?

RVM48
If you've read the almost 3,200 posts so far - you know most mutants are not as yet full time. Some winter in FL, AZ and TX. Some like Annie and I are heading into retirement hopefully this time next year. Most are vacationer and weekenders methinks. We do want to get a gathering of mutant together - but we have only been RVMs since April 14th. It takes planning to make things happen. We're working toward it. But it takes time. Keep checking in and sharing your info. Something will come together!
Old 09-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #3190

Welcome RVM48!

I guess you could call us half-timers; I'm retired and the DW is not...go figure.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #3191

Quote:
Originally Posted by breed View Post

RVM48
A hearty WELCOME to breed, RVM48!!!!
Huzzah!

RVM1 here. Actually "here" is in Western Nebraska on our way to experience sublime and wicked Mutations in Colorado. Can you say steam train rides in the mointains?

We were in Oatman last winter. Couldn't get a burro to come aboard so I could bring it to my Grandson. He has a Clint Eastwood poncho and hat, all he needs is a burro and a nun.

Again, welcome!

Dave and Nola
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #3192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Speaking of which, y'all: lookee what I brung home today!

Cheers!

Sue RVM36
I'm curious ... OK, nosey is more like it. I just gotta know what prize was inside that can of bacon flavored bandages.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote