Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #3249

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Welcome to the world of mutants, RVM48 may your destinations always be pleasant.

Dogpatch, DW and I are planning a trip over to your side of the province before winter if all goes well so we may yet connect.

On our recent trip the front left HWH jack hydraulic hose broke and I will now learn how to repair it, so the destination continues.

You guys are too hard to keep up with. Gotta love all the positive chatter.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #3250

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Suespinz - In the cool light of morning sun - how does the slide situation look? Will it go back in without issue?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #3251

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well fellow mutants - we have the car loaded and are taking the nonperishable items up for the load in. Trying to be ready to roll as early as possible next Saturday. Life on the rainbow is good for now. The journey is our destination!
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #3252
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I was a dental assistant on and off from 1969 until 1982. We used mercury mixed with silver powder to make amalgam dental fillings. We would have to squeeze the extra mercury out of the mixture in a piece of cloth. We touched it all the time and the offices were totally contaminated with it. Now you have to call a hazmat crew if you break a thermometer.
Back in the '40's and 50's, my dentist used to give me a little dab of mercury and I would use it to polish silver coins. Shined them up real nice. I still have all my fingers and toes. (Good think, I need them to count to 10, (or is it 20.))
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #3253
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well fellow mutants - we have the car loaded and are taking the nonperishable items up for the load in. Trying to be ready to roll as early as possible next Saturday. Life on the rainbow is good for now. The journey is our destination!
RVM2
May your trip be peaceful, enjoyable and uneventful!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #3254
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Back in the '40's and 50's, my dentist used to give me a little dab of mercury and I would use it to polish silver coins. Shined them up real nice. I still have all my fingers and toes. (Good think, I need them to count to 10, (or is it 20.))
20 if you need all appendages.

20 is all I need to count my retirement fund!
Old 09-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #3255

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
RVM2
Wishing a good rest to you both!
And one day you will not need to unload!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #3256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
It was a quiet week in Lake Woebegone, but then again it always is.
Funny! They now actually have Lake Woebegone Trail in MN.
It was very relaxing visiting with our friends.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #3257
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post

Does that mean your Woebegone?
Old 09-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #3258

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post

Last year I asked my Garmin GPS to direct us to Lake Wobegon, MN. I wanted to do some kayaking out on the lake. GPS is still "recalculating".

By the way is the lake at high water mark due to all the rain? Maybe we should give up on it and motor on over to St Olaf, MN. I'll enter that in the old Garmin.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #3259

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

Hi Jack,

The sun is just coming out now on this end of the Columbia at almost 3pm. I had planned to stay here until the end of the month, but it looks like summer is over in the Pacific NW. Boo hoo hoo. I'm going to cut my time here short by at least a week.

I only put about 8,500 miles per year on my rig and I summer and winter at opposite corners of the US. Driving 10k miles in one trip sounds like a lot of driving -- and fuel. But each mutant is wise in her/his own destinations.

Enjoy!
I had a dream last night (as mutants often do). And in it I told someone that the beauty part in our weather, eh, is that it might only be nice out for fifteen minutes at a time, so you must live here to catch a glimpse of it. That beautiful day will come the day after you leave. Ya might stick around that extra week - especially if you're heading thru eastern Oregon cos if you're at the coast ya can't count on anything being good, weather wise, except for a few minutes every now and then...

Jack
RVM47
Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #3260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post

Last year I asked my Garmin GPS to direct us to Lake Wobegon, MN. I wanted to do some kayaking out on the lake. GPS is still "recalculating".

By the way is the lake at high water mark due to all the rain? Maybe we should give up on it and motor on over to St Olaf, MN. I'll enter that in the old Garmin.
Here it is: http://lakewobegontrail.com/

A Prairie Home Companion lives on! Dont forget their pseudo sponsors, including The Coffee Institute. And when you see them perform, most of them look so very...Lutheran.

And few know that there truly is a St Olaf MN, a township near where my parents lived and where I used to go fishing. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._O...nty,_Minnesota

So there ya go son of a gun doggone it den dare too!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #3261

JudyH -- yes, too much fun, and lots of great folks. We are looking forward to seeing some of them & more mutants too at Myrtle Beach next September. I think it starts the 18th & runs a week. Official announcement from the Wagonmaster very soon.

I do know about opening doors > & had been catching things from this one all day. Again, I had snuck a hand in ahead, but missed. These beautiful porcelain tiles are just absolutely unforgiving. I've made "fences" to safeguard things before, but haven't been in this rig long enough to iron out all the wrinkles. Next project!!!

Steve -- No, in the bright light of morning sun, the slide still won't go out w/o destroying the trim. And there are 2 rallies between now & our Oct. appointment in Elkhart. A cardboard email, assertive but not aggressive, has been sent to our Thor person, so tomorrow will be interesting as phone conversations go back & forth.

Cheers, one & all!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #3262
KAS

RVM wannabe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids View Post
Sounds a lot like "Zen and the Art of...RV Living"!
I am a wannabe RVM. What I don't have and don't need (among many other things) is insulation--because I don't want to go anywhere the temp drops below 50. What I do require is a comfortable hammock and a good book.
I also want very much to be a RVM!

Hubby is still renovating the RV he bought us-- the goal is to keep the inside as open as possible. Many compromises, mostly me saying yes to what he is determined to do anyway.

Someday when it is just me, I'm going to turn it into MY personal kind of space and bug the grandkids by showing up at odd times.