Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2015, 10:45 AM   #33223

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Guess I can add that to my list of Huge Disappointments.
Mount Rushmore, Hawaii, Empire State Building, Wayne!
Thanks for the info!
Tim I think just like RAINBOWS and beauty....HUGH disappointments are in the eyes of the beholder!! Plus you can leave your cash at home cause it's reported that they won't let you in the the door unless you have something really interesting to sell. Don't think fence posts fall into that category.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2015, 10:51 AM   #33224

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Tim I think just like RAINBOWS and beauty....HUGH disappointments are in the eyes of the beholder!! Plus you can leave your cash at home cause it's reported that they won't let you in the the door unless you have something really interesting to sell. Don't think fence posts fall into that category.
Now Ken you need to go across Kansas. To me they have some very interesting fence post! They're made out of stone! I guess they were logged in the petrified forrest!
Old 03-03-2015, 10:54 AM   #33225

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Now Ken you need to go across Kansas. To me they have some very interesting fence post! They're made out of stone! I guess they were logged in the petrified forrest!
I have seen those! And many fine things weaved from wheat. No gluten free weaving.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:04 AM   #33226

Vintage RV Owners Club
Don't forget we have Big Brutus too! And Bison, and beautiful Flint Hills....
Old 03-03-2015, 11:10 AM   #33227

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Always impressed with the picturesque Flint Hills.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:13 AM   #33228

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post

And don't forget Marty and Bob, and Colleen and Don! May as well talk and laugh too much while yer in the Sunflower State. We shore did!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:18 AM   #33229

Solo Rvers Club
Tim a trip to Gold and Silver Pawn Shop with one of those petrified fence post would give you a chance at seein' if'n you could fast talk Chum into buyin' it!
Old 03-03-2015, 11:40 AM   #33230

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Tim a trip to Gold and Silver Pawn Shop with one of those petrified fence post would give you a chance at seein' if'n you could fast talk Chum into buyin' it!

The 1000s of miles of Kansas fence posts were locally quarried and of limestone. They had nuff stone, but not nuff trees. They are unique and grand to see!
Dang. I gotta quit giving away my secrets!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:49 AM   #33231

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Larry - Just ordered our 7 day fishing license online for Arkansas. A 7 day out of state and recommended annual trout stamp total $37.00 each.
The 7 day out of state is fishing is $17 vs $11 for the 3 day. It seems to me there might be an opportunity to drop a line in the lake before the big fish but maybe not. We got ours from 4/15 to 21 as we plan to arrive on the 13th.. we fish with the guide on 4/20.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:36 PM   #33232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Tim, we did all of the Mount Rushmore area, Wall, SD, Custer, Bad Lands, Black Hills, Needles Eye (Don't take the RV up 87 to get to it, I'll send you a link.) There is a lot of sight seeing and interesting views in the area. Pretty much all within a 60 mile or so radius. We stayed at a military camp, Ellsworth AFB and it was just about centrally located. Do make reservations wherever if it is August as the kids are still out of school.

Same thing we did.... Also Ellsworth AFB, nice place.... I would return.... Liked the area....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:41 PM   #33233

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Larry - Just ordered our 7 day fishing license online for Arkansas. A 7 day out of state and recommended annual trout stamp total $37.00 each.
The 7 day out of state is fishing is $17 vs $11 for the 3 day. It seems to me there might be an opportunity to drop a line in the lake before the big fish but maybe not. We got ours from 4/15 to 21 as we plan to arrive on the 13th.. we fish with the guide on 4/20.

Uh I dont think there are trout over there...... They like the cold water streams and rivers...... But maybe some at dam coming out of Lake Ouachita......
Tim... Are there? I really dont remember

Bass, crappie, bream, catfish, perch. Yes...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:53 PM   #33234

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Ok Muties, who has been to Los Vagas and what RV park did you stay at or suggest?

Looking like our Canyon tour trip may need a stop at a money source! I'm thinking 3-4 days there should be enough to get me rolling in the cash again.

Hey Timster when we went thru Vegas last year we stayed at the Oasis RV Park which is just off the strip and it is as nice a park as you will ever stay at. Reasonably priced and the pool area is like nothing we had ever seen before, it was incredible! Check it out on the Good SAMs app. It's on par with CL but the pool is way over the top.

Also I can recommend the Cirques Ole show at the Wynn. Best in Vegas and we've seen most of them including Q. It is well worth the money! Theater is in the round so there isn't a bad seat anywhere. It takes place in a pool of water so don't sit in the first two rows cause you might get splashed.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 03-03-2015, 12:56 PM   #33235

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Uh I dont think there are trout over there...... They like the cold water streams and rivers...... But maybe some at dam coming out of Lake Ouachita......
Tim... Are there? I really dont remember

Bass, crappie, bream, catfish, perch. Yes...

Um I mentioned that too them last year, some Texans are just hard headed!
Arkansas creeks and rivers up north AR have a thriving trout stocking business with some great trout. They wouldn't be there if not stocked by fisheries and they don't stock the lake cause the bass would eat them.

Class dismissed!
Steve if you'll plan a stay through here next year for a few days maybe we could run some trot lines and load the freezers! Will be coming back from AL just in time to get to the GC this year!
Old 03-03-2015, 12:58 PM   #33236

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Hey Timster when we went thru Vegas last year we stayed at the Oasis RV Park which is just off the strip and it is as nice a park as you will ever stay at. Reasonably priced and the pool area is like nothing we had ever seen before, it was incredible! Check it out on the Good SAMs app. It's on par with CL but the pool is way over the top.

Also I can recommend the Cirques Ole show at the Wynn. Best in Vegas and we've seen most of them including Q. It is well worth the money! Theater is in the round so there isn't a bad seat anywhere. It takes place in a pool of water so don't sit in the first two rows cause you might get splashed.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Noted, thanks! Pool sounds good!