Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #3515

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

Sheesh!
This group could get pretty Mutated just swapping all of the fine recipes.
YUM
Good morning RVM1 and all mutants hither and yon. Yep - RVMs are wise in the ways of cooking. That's why Book 6 in the RVM Series was identified and on the drawing board -

6) The RVMs Guide to Journey Cooking: learn the secret journey recipes passed down from RVMs. Many recipes using bacon. Special chapter on jalapeńo poppers including the popular blue cheese, little smokie bacon wrapped popper.

And we know have Wayne's Shrimp poppers to add to the list!

Badly needed rain continues. Hopefully a dry drive tomorrow.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #3516

Fleetwood Owners Club
Now raining like cats and dogs and monkeys here. I actually heard weatherman say dryer air and cooler temperatures coming following the rain. Plano, send it on!

Sounds like a curiosity breaking out at Bryce Canyon next month!
Lets not drop the idea of a spring gathering close enough for Plano aka. Steve aka. Flaggship aka. Hard working mutant child (58yo) to make.

So far suggested Lake Texoma, in OK. Lake Ouchita or Lake Catherine State Parks in Ar.

April-May of 2014 is time frame.

Last but not least, mutants interested, Myrtle Beach Sept. 2014. I think it's time IRV2 recognize us as a group option, so that would be a time to show them our numbers!
RVM32 aka. Huntnski aka. Tim
Old 09-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #3517
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Good morning RVM1 and all mutants hither and yon. Yep - RVMs are wise in the ways of cooking. That's why Book 6 in the RVM Series was identified and on the drawing board -

6) The RVMs Guide to Journey Cooking: learn the secret journey recipes passed down from RVMs. Many recipes using bacon. Special chapter on jalapeńo poppers including the popular blue cheese, little smokie bacon wrapped popper.

And we know have Wayne's Shrimp poppers to add to the list!

Badly needed rain continues. Hopefully a dry drive tomorrow.
All the Golden Arches, and the little golden arches, have burgers with bacon. Does that count for the cook book?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #3518

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
All the Golden Arches, and the little golden arches, have burgers with bacon. Does that count for the cook book?
Cook book= Yellow Pages
Old 09-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #3519

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

So far suggested Lake Texoma, in OK. Lake Ouchita or Lake Catherine State Parks in Ar.

April-May of 2014 is time frame....
Between April 15th and May 15th would be great for Sandee and I. We should be finishing up our stay at Winter Ranch in Alamo, TX on April 15th.

HMMM...do you think we could follow that up with a 2nd annual Newbie Rally? Need to talk to Craig N Deb about that.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #3520

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Between April 15th and May 15th would be great for Sandee and I. We should be finishing up our stay at Winter Ranch in Alamo, TX on April 15th.

HMMM...do you think we could follow that up with a 2nd annual Newbie Rally? Need to talk to Craig N Deb about that.
Don, Craig and Randy are meeting in Oct. and have been charged with planning the next Cape group gathering, but certainly could be invited!

Your spending the winter at a car rental place in Texas?
Old 09-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #3521

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tim - I'm all for Lake Catherine in May as I know they can accommodate many a mutant in need of lengthy sites. Ouchata is more of an unknown to me as to site length and availability - but when I was there some years back they looked to have plenty of roomy sites and more green space between them. I was on 30 amp in those days so not sure about that. Texoma would be a last resort to me. It's a huge lake but not as pretty a location as Ar.

My work is data driven and my time available is best between the 21st and 5th of the month. All reporting is done and new month data begins around the 3rd or 4th of the month. I don't want to be the "decider" but those are the facts.

Rain and cooler weather has been requested to move your direction in mutant approved quantities.

As for a mutant forum group - we long ago proved our mutant worthiness and suspect if it were a necessity - it would have happened by now. I think as long as we are in a main forum area we will continue to attract new mutants. If we were moved - some members would miss out on the fun and opportunity to enter the RVMdom. When i logon the laptop, I often notice non members viewing our ponders and such Just thinking out loud.
RVM2
Old 09-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #3522
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Cook book= Yellow Pages
No, no, no! TheYellow pages directory is obsolete.

I just push the button on the navigation system and say, "I'm hungry."

It then asks me if I want nearby places, along my route, or in a city. I reply as to what I want and then it lists a bunch of places that I can stop at. It' a forward progressive mutant thing.

Unfortunately they have not added the word "Bacon" to their vocabulary so I have to look for "breakfast" places.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #3523

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Sheesh!
This group could get pretty Mutated just swapping all of the fine recipes.
YUM
Yes I think we could . Here is my DW's version of Krispy Kreams....

Click image for larger version

Name:	donuts.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	46459

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #3524

Quote:
Now raining like cats and dogs and monkeys here. I actually heard weatherman say dryer air and cooler temperatures coming following the rain. Plano, send it on!

Sounds like a curiosity breaking out at Bryce Canyon next month!
Lets not drop the idea of a spring gathering close enough for Plano aka. Steve aka. Flaggship aka. Hard working mutant child (58yo) to make.

April-May of 2014 is time frame.

Last but not least, mutants interested, Myrtle Beach Sept. 2014. I think it's time IRV2 recognize us as a group option, so that would be a time to show them our numbers!
RVM32 aka. Huntnski aka. Tim
Hey Hunt,

We will be in the area well within a few hundred miles or so of the places mentioned, April-May is doable anyway, we are also penciling in Myrtle Beach but we cant make any reservations until after the first of the new year, just cause its to hard to plan that far in advance, but right now its our intention to go to the 2014 iRV2 rally.

Hey Steve,

The DW retired at 58 and I retired from my long time employer at 53 and closed my business at 55 and we just hit the road after my 56th currently I am 56 and the DW is 59 and we are having the time of our lives, enjoying the sun and fun of Arizona.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #3525

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
...Your spending the winter at a car rental place in Texas?
WHAT!?

Nothing but the best parking lot for us. LOL

Since Sandee and I are both retiring on the same day (NOV 30th) and we both have government jobs so we decided to ease ourselves into motating around the USA for a few months. Who knows how long it will take our employers (Federal for me and State of IL for Sandee) to process and finalize our retirement pay. Winter Ranch offered 3 months for the price of 4 for first time customers. That should be enough time for our payments to be sorted out and stabilized. We do plan to make a couple side trips from there during that time.

Now...if the weather would not get nasty up here in IL until after we leave...
Old 09-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #3526

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss

WHAT!?

Nothing but the best parking lot for us. LOL

Since Sandee and I are both retiring on the same day (NOV 30th) and we both have government jobs so we decided to ease ourselves into motating around the USA for a few months. Who knows how long it will take our employers (Federal for me and State of IL for Sandee) to process and finalize our retirement pay. Winter Ranch offered 3 months for the price of 4 for first time customers. That should be enough time for our payments to be sorted out and stabilized. We do plan to make a couple side trips from there during that time.

Now...if the weather would not get nasty up here in IL until after we leave...
Don - 3 months for the price of 4! I have some things for sale - what do you need - I can also get ya things on your pricing terms all day long.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #3527

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Tim - I'm all for Lake Catherine in May as I know they can accommodate many a mutant in need of lengthy sites. Ouchata is more of an unknown to me as to site length and availability - but when I was there some years back they looked to have plenty of roomy sites and more green space between them. I was on 30 amp in those days so not sure about that. Texoma would be a last resort to me. It's a huge lake but not as pretty a location as Ar. ...
I was snooping around the Lake Catherine data and I couldn't find anything listing sites capabilities for length and whether they were back in or pull through but the map seems to indicate they are all back in. That ain't a big deal. 30 amp service in some sites with water looked like $19 a day...not bad. In May it would be my guess that it won't be not enough to need more than 1 AC unit so that seems reasonable if need be.

I'm with Steve on Texoma but would look at being there regardless. Never stayed in AR so that would be a first for us.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #3528

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Don - 3 months for the price of 4! I have some things for sale - what do you need - I can also get ya things on your pricing terms all day long.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!! There is a sucker born every day!