Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2015, 11:21 AM   #36275

Fleetwood Owners Club
Had damage, I'm with National Interstate, and thus far I haven't gotten a $ from them. Damage occurred 4/19, reported 4/20, inspected at CL 4/22 and no word from them. I have placed three pleasant inquiring phone calls to them with no results. I fear my patience may be running out! We will be leaving for 6 weeks on 5/20 then a short turnaround till we start taking on the canyons! May have to push our departure on the canyon tour back.

Don't you just love rving!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2015, 11:29 AM   #36276

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Even though nobody noticed.....
My grandson is done and now on his way home. Had surgery at Childrens Hospital where his mom is Ped Anesthio.
Bet she was in OR with him, but dont know for sure....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Had to go back to see what you were talking about. You posted your request at 7:50, same time I posted a reply so I missed a couple replys there.

Glad to hear everyone's fine, healing ommmssss to all involved!
Old 05-01-2015, 11:50 AM   #36277

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Even though nobody noticed.....
My grandson is done and now on his way home. Had surgery at Childrens Hospital where his mom is Ped Anesthio.
Bet she was in OR with him, but dont know for sure....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
I saw it and was thinking about it and got distracted and didn't post...but he was in the thought processes and a silent thought prayer was sent on his behalf...
Old 05-01-2015, 12:00 PM   #36278

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Lots of Ohmmmms from us..

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Yep. X2
Di - Chopped Liver...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:03 PM   #36279

Thanks all.....
There were multiple posts at that time... It is ok, i was just letting you all know it was over.... LMy youngest gad tubes twice before two years old, so i know how simple, but then again.... Things can happen...

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:24 PM   #36280

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The Normal Backyard...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1430504648784.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	93066   Click image for larger version

Name:	1430504661633.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	93067  

Old 05-01-2015, 12:25 PM   #36281
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
The hail event so many of us experienced has given us a unique opportunity to compare RV insurance companies. We should try to remember to swap notes when all of us have finished with these claims. I know it's a very small sampling, but I'd like to know how each of the companies scored on the mutant scale.

My company is State Farm thru an agent in South Dakota. I know Steve RVM2 has Allied. What companies are the rest of you with? Maybe we can get one of you spreadsheet capable mutants to put all of our info together. How many RVMs got damage?
I have Progressive on the MH, and American National on the cars.

Progressive had the estimate back to me the same day they inspected. I'm able to have the repair place do a supplemental to their estimate and they will pay the repair place directly. A check for the original estimate will be sent to me.

American National provided me with an initial estimate on the car but asked that I wait to drop it off at the repair place until a final was sent in by their estimate team. While on the phone to the ANICO Rep he gave me a reference number for a rental car. He no sooner said that, we hung up, and I received a email notification Enterprise Rental Car. Just a few minutes (less than 3) I received a phone call from Enterprise, glad to be of my assistance.

When I drop my car off, the facility will call Enterprise, they will pick me up and return me to their facility and I will choose any car that is available

Both have provided great service - so far.

My reason for choosing Progressive is that they have full replacement value, and at the time the rates were cheaper. American National would have insured the MH but not for full replacement value, only on the depreciated value.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:27 PM   #36282

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
The hail event so many of us experienced has given us a unique opportunity to compare RV insurance companies. We should try to remember to swap notes when all of us have finished with these claims. I know it's a very small sampling, but I'd like to know how each of the companies scored on the mutant scale.

My company is State Farm thru an agent in South Dakota. I know Steve RVM2 has Allied. What companies are the rest of you with? Maybe we can get one of you spreadsheet capable mutants to put all of our info together. How many RVMs got damage?
I'm with National General but I have a $1,000 deductible and so far I've only spent around $600 replacing all the plastic up on top. I don't see any damage on any sides and the roof still looks fine, no dimples, etc. I haven't filed a claim and probably won't.

Now the car, that's another issue. I have Safeco on that and I'm currently awaiting an adjuster from the company to come directly to my house to inspect the vehicle. This is necessary as the body shop wouldn't give an estimate without the insurance company approving the repairs up front.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 01:36 PM   #36283

American Coach Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant

We have Geico on both toad and MH. See no serious damage to MH, AC cover replaced at CL and replacement sky lights shipped to River Plantation just cost of shipping. So will be about 200 in repairs with a 500 deductable.
Filed claim on Jeep but waiting till we get home.
On the inverter fire, filed claim and adjuster looked at it while at CL. Appointment set for Monday on our way home and with a little luck check will be at the repair facility.

So far... Geico has been great will see as time passes.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 01:47 PM   #36284

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
We have Geico on both toad and MH. See no serious damage to MH, AC cover replaced at CL and replacement sky lights shipped to River Plantation just cost of shipping. So will be about 200 in repairs with a 500 deductable.
Filed claim on Jeep but waiting till we get home.
On the inverter fire, filed claim and adjuster looked at it while at CL. Appointment set for Monday on our way home and with a little luck check will be at the repair facility.

So far... Geico has been great will see as time passes.
But what about the bacon???
Old 05-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #36285
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Forgot to mention, Progressive had a diminishing deductible and after 5 years of no claims the deductible is $0.00. Now I start all over.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:53 PM   #36286

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Request for ohmmmms! We just got informed that our neighbors 16 yr old daughter took her own life yesterday. Her mom was the one to come home and find her. Please remember her family in your thoughts and prayers. I can't even imagine the pain that brings to the family. Thanks.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:05 PM   #36287

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Request for ohmmmms! We just got informed that our neighbors 16 yr old daughter took her own life yesterday. Her mom was the one to come home and find her. Please remember her family in your thoughts and prayers. I can't even imagine the pain that brings to the family. Thanks.

Oh my dear friend, it happened to our former neighbor last year. Another 16 year princess.
Giant oooohhhmmmsss sent to those with torn hearts. May they mend a bit soon, as such heart-rending pain never truly leaves.
I dare to say, God bless them!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:19 PM   #36288

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Oh my dear friend, it happened to our former neighbor last year. Another 16 year princess.
Giant oooohhhmmmsss sent to those with torn hearts. May they mend a bit soon, as such heart-rending pain never truly leaves.
I dare to say, God bless them!
Likewise.
The loss of a child is devastating. Annie and I send many healing Ommms their way.